TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

Let's keep in mind that we now have two rides being built by B&M awaiting delivery to their final destinations,one yellow,the other red so there's a strong possibility that both KD & Carowinds(well Carowinds is confirmed to get a new coaster in 2010) could be looking at new coasters for the following season.

Let's also remember that the CF parks that got coasters in 09 can be ruled out for next year,those would be WOF & KI & other than CP I don't see KBF,CGA or VF getting coasters in 2010 & SF certainly can't afford any B&M's right now so that leaves KD,Carowinds & even CP as possible candidates for one of these two rides.

Now here's the list of CF parks that recently received new major coasters...

KI - Diamondback

KD - Dominator

CW - Behemoth

VF - Renegade

WOF - Prowler

MIA - Thunderhawk

That leaves Carowinds, which has long since been rumored to get a hyper, CGA, which is rumored to get a GCI, KBF, and CP.

Now KD has been getting new additions every year since, I believe 2001, and CF could consider keeping this trend. If this WERE for KD, it would either be a prototype or a sit-down.

Now lets see SF's pattern with building coasters...

MM - getting a coaster next year (possibly a major coaster) on top of X upgrade

GAdv - got two major coasters in 2005-2006 + DK and Medusa upgrade

GAm - could receive two major coasters in the near future

NE - Superman upgrade

SFOG - Goliath in 2006 + Monster Plantation upgrade this year

SFSTl - Evel Knievel last year various additions this year

SFOT - Only original SF park to not receive anything major recently + TG upgrade

KK - ??

America - Nothing (Thomas Town next year)

FT - Goliath last year

DK - ??

GE - ??

The question marks stand for unannounced new additions

Right now there are a number of CF/SF parks that might be getting a new, yellow B&M next year. Since Carowinds has long been rumored to get a hyper and almost all the former Paramount Parks received new B&M's within the past few years, Carowinds seems to be the most likely candidate for a new B&M Hyper. CGA is probably getting a GCI if it isn't sold. That leaves KBF and CP, which is already clearing land. [/long-winded post ]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

MC = Mega Coaster

FC = Flying Coaster

So it can't be a flying coaster.

Actually, flyers are labeled 'LC', for Lay-down Coaster (like in RCT).

Doesn't really change anything...just throwing that out there.

WOW!! Looking at those pictures, it would be nice a pair of dueling coasters with those colors!

I found another match for the red track "MCJ09"

Mexico City June 2009, or Mexico City July 2009

A mayor ride was planned for Six Flags Mexico Before SFNE decided to send the Dark Knight Coaster to this park.

Maybe the first B&M will finally arrive to Mexican lands, and is part of the mayor celebration of the 50 years of the park chain that will start on 2010.

This is another possibility.

Let's keep in mind that we now have two rides being built by B&M awaiting delivery to their final destinations,one yellow,the other red so there's a strong possibility that both KD & Carowinds(well Carowinds is confirmed to get a new coaster in 2010) could be looking at new coasters for the following season.

Let's also remember that the CF parks that got coasters in 09 can be ruled out for next year,those would be WOF & KI & other than CP I don't see KBF,CGA or VF getting coasters in 2010 & SF certainly can't afford any B&M's right now so that leaves KD,Carowinds & even CP as possible candidates for one of these two rides.

KI - Diamondback

KD - Dominator

CW - Behemoth

VF - Renegade

WOF - Prowler

MIA - Thunderhawk

That leaves Carowinds, which has long since been rumored to get a hyper, CGA, which is rumored to get a GCI, KBF, and CP.

Now KD has been getting new additions every year since, I believe 2001, and CF could consider keeping this trend. If this WERE for KD, it would either be a prototype or a sit-down.

NE - Superman upgrade

SFOT - Only original SF park to not receive anything major recently + TG upgrade

KK - ??

FT - Goliath last year

DK - ??

GE - ??

Right now there are a number of CF/SF parks that might be getting a new, yellow B&M next year. Since Carowinds has long been rumored to get a hyper and almost all the former Paramount Parks received new B&M's within the past few years, Carowinds seems to be the most likely candidate for a new B&M Hyper. CGA is probably getting a GCI if it isn't sold. That leaves KBF and CP, which is already clearing land. [/long-winded post ]

KD has been doing some sort of recent site work in the field behind anaconda near FOF on the site of the former safari monorail so that means that something's up over there....of course it's early in the season so we don't know for sure yet but why else would they have construction equipment on site already?

While SFMM is getting another coaster next year(spoiled brats) it's probably NOT a B&M as they have everything B&M makes aside from a dive machine & a sit down would be pointless there seeing as how Scream wasn't exactly a smashing success when it was added 6 seasons ago & SFI simply doesn't have the capital to afford any B&M's right now so it makes more sense to add yet another THBS clone there than a much larger,expensive ride.

Also, Universal Studios Singapore is getting a pair of dueling coasters, one inverted, and the other one sit down. One of them (or both) could be going there.

But if this thing is coming to mexico.... Man that would be AWESOME!

Also, Universal Studios Singapore is getting a pair of dueling coasters, one inverted, and the other one sit down. One of them (or both) could be going there.

Not a bad guess.

With one labeled MC (which, we all assume to be mega coaster) and one SC (which, we'd assume is suspended coaster), it makes sense for the sit down-inverting dueling coasters.

KI - Diamondback

KD - Dominator

CW - Behemoth

VF - Renegade

WOF - Prowler

MIA - Thunderhawk

NE - Superman upgrade

KK - ??

FT - Goliath last year

DK - ??

GE - ??

Why would VF be eliminated? It doesn't even have an invert/floorless. Now assuming the track is a hyper, Of coarse KD and carowinds would be a good guess. But if it isn't, its the only park that hasn't received a B&M. plus Renegade was only 7 mil. a whole million dollars more then Xtreamswing we got the year before. I know VF is my home park, and of coarse everyone ALLways wants the new coaster, but not even having an invert tends to point to VF. (at least a little) I mean MAdV has an invert!!!

Not a bad guess.

With one labeled MC (which, we all assume to be mega coaster) and one SC (which, we'd assume is suspended coaster), it makes sense for the sit down-inverting dueling coasters.

Problem is, SC doesn't stand for Suspended Coaster.

But if this thing is coming to mexico.... Man that would be AWESOME!

Its been reported that Vekoma won the bid for the Universal Singapore Dueling coasters.

I'm not sure about the chances of B&M attempting another dueler after Dueling Dragons.

I'm guessing she means that they wouldn't be able to top it thats why she's not sure about them making another one?

Thats just my POSSIBLE interpretation of what she said.

In other news, those colors look nice.

I think it is coming North to Canada's Wonderland. It their 30th next year. They got nothing new this year. CF likes installs every two years for major attractions. It just fits! Well, at least one can hope!

David

I hope so too..but not holding my breath.

I'm pretty sure you didn't add...

Maccabees (book in the Bible)

I'll refer you back to the real concept for the Holy Land Experience.

(1/9/09) The Holy Land Experience is living the high life with their tax-free exemption status it seems and has dropped an amazing $17.6 million to purchase a 7 acre office complex next to the park. To be fair, this purchase is really coming from the park’s new owners, Trinity Broadcasting Network, who would like to eventually build a television studio there. It’s worth noting that the park itself is only 15 acres, so depending on how they eventually redevelop the property that could add some significant expansion space for the park.

The coaster's themed area will be based on the Book of Maccabees, but will encompass aspects of the entire Bible. The Divine Ride: The Ride is really happening!

^ Awesome!

Why would VF be eliminated? It doesn't even have an invert/floorless.

Because

1. The track is not invert track.

2. VF JUST recieved a major coaster not too long ago, which eliminates the chances of it getting a coaster.

KD has been doing some sort of recent site work in the field behind anaconda near FOF on the site of the former safari monorail so that means that something's up over there....of course it's early in the season so we don't know for sure yet but why else would they have construction equipment on site already?

While SFMM is getting another coaster next year(spoiled brats) it's probably NOT a B&M as they have everything B&M makes aside from a dive machine & a sit down would be pointless there seeing as how Scream wasn't exactly a smashing success when it was added 6 seasons ago & SFI simply doesn't have the capital to afford any B&M's right now so it makes more sense to add yet another THBS clone there than a much larger,expensive ride.

Last time I checked, the land clearing occurred a while back so if it were for a big attraction, it would be REALLY big.

Now keep in mind, SF seems to be developing a pattern with building new coasters for the flagship parks. Two major coasters in a row for the flagship parks. Smaller parks receive various upgrades which may inlude new coasters, flat rides, and older ride upgrades.

GAdv recieved the tallest, fastest coaster in the world, an Intamin woodie, a DK on top of a Medusa upgrade. (and you're calling MM spoiled?)

MM is getting a major coaster (maybe a B&M prototype) next year.

GAm will get something big sooner.