TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

I have to disagree on the invert matter.

Arrow came up with the suspended in 1981. B&M only locked the cars so they wouldn't topple over when an inversion would be taken too slowly.

No, Arrow did NOT develop the first modern suspended coaster. That honor goes to Germany's Werner Stengel and Messerschmitt. The ride was Alpen-Flug, the first suspended coaster, which operated at Munich's Oktoberfest 1975:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=655778#655778

Sadly, Messerschmitt elected to ignore Stengel's advice to bank the track on the turns. This resulted in that ride and a duplicate under construction to be scrapped. Arrow made the exact same mistake with The Bat. The ride that got it right was BGE's BBW. In an ironic twist of fate, THAT project initially was under the direction of Stengel/Schwarzkopf. Arrow showed up and completed the Wolf when Anton's company encountered ... financial difficulties.

Cheers!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day i was YouTube browsing and there was a video titled "5th Dimension Coaster Prototype" and the seats were on top of the track and spun on multipler axis. The track was box shaped. Im not saying anything just that it might be a possibility that B&M are adaptating the multi-dimension coaster.

I have seen that video, it is like one of those gyro flats but on a track right? That coaster concept looks interesting, but I have a hard time believing it as truth.

You know when you spin a bicycle wheel when it is in your hands and the centrifugal forces keep it so it spins on a vertical axis, I think that that force would make the coaster a difficult thing to support structurally, but on the train and the track. If you had any weight difference on the trains, it would cause the trains to flip awkwardly and therefore stress everything. At least that is what I think.

• 3 weeks later...

^ The label says MC so its clearly for a hyper of some sort.

Carowinds is currently the only park that is rumored for a B&M Hyper so chances are it will head over there next year.

The yellow track is probably there just to distract curious coaster enthusiasts from what's really going on at the B&M plant.

^ The label says MC so its clearly for a hyper of some sort.

Carowinds is currently the only park that is rumored for a B&M Hyper so chances are it will head over there next year.

The yellow track is probably there just to distract curious coaster enthusiasts from what's really going on at the B&M plant.

Oh yeah, that is it. They take time out of their schedule to fabricate steel into coaster track just to distract the few thousand nerds out there.

Looks like that red track is for the REAL Laser Snake Horse on Fire!

And I still hold my bet on the yellow track being for Silverwood's rumored stand-up.

Agreed about the LSHoF! And they're still rumoring stand ups? I read that the concept pretty much died after GS, good to know that they might be building another!

-Also, as long as that track isnt going to sfmm I'll be happy, I want my mildly rumored intamin!