TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

lol, close tpr. I enjoy what the site has to offer with the international park scene and all. You're funny Robb, I enjoy all the site has to offer. Just some of the site members get a little too out of control. The coastercrew had a date with strippers the other night on in the loop, you missed all the fun Robb!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^So do we all have to go over to RCPro?

I'm totally lost on where this thread has gone, so to bring it back...Aquatrax! Obviously this is for Six Flags Great America because...well, because I said it is. Just wait, it is going to be the 500 foot tall coaster that the Onion said was going to Iran. Sadly, according to the the Dippin' Dots guy, this new coaster will replace Raging Bull and Viper. The story on Buccaneer Battle was just to throw us off.

In all seriousness though, I believe that this coaster is going to a park in China, and I'd be surprised if it ended up somewhere else other than Asia. Although, I can dream that it will end up at SFGAM, but I'll take the rumored dive machine over a B&M sit-down any day.

The coastercrew talked to strippers. TPR is so obsolete now. Sorry Robb...it was fun while it lasted. All the cool kids are talking to strippers and bragging on the internet about it.

the enlightened strippers blogtalkradio show loves coaster dorks like us, go and listen to their radioshow monday night at 8pm. In the loop called them up last night, it was so much fun getting to talk to some strippers who like coaster dorks like us.

So just to be clear...

TPR members discussing roller coaster track = "get a life and find something else to conversate about"

Coaster Crew "getting to talk to some strippers [on a radio show] who like coaster dorks like us" = Somehow amazingly cool.

You asked for it!

Get with the program, people, and recognize my genius. Don't make me break out the Strapping Young Lad...

dt

Now that's more like it! My ears still aren't quite bleeding yet, but it's getting there. I'm more concerned about the temporary blindness caused by Terrance's posting of Vanity's "Pretty Mess". Yikes!

the enlightened strippers blogtalkradio show loves coaster dorks like us, go and listen to their radioshow monday night at 8pm. In the loop called them up last night, it was so much fun getting to talk to some strippers who like coaster dorks like us.

You do realize that strippers are, in general, paid to say that they're into the same things as potential customers, right?

You asked for it!

Get with the program, people, and recognize my genius. Don't make me break out the Strapping Young Lad...

dt

Now that's more like it! My ears still aren't quite bleeding yet, but it's getting there.

I must say I quite enjoyed that song! What does it say that I want to hear more of Dave's music?

Also, I love that Judas Priest song!

^^That's similar to what I was thinking...let's see, an open chat with a roomful of coaster dorks...easy mark comes to mind!

If they can just give enough encouragement to get the bashful ones through the door, then it's pretty much a sure bet they'll get good money for less effort than from some of the other regulars...so to speak. I'm sure there is a name for that, but my googling efforts have failed me this time!

^I also have liked Dave's selections so far...maybe we'll each win one of his CDs on the WCT!

^I'm sure they're into that too. Which word I'm referring to here is left as an exercise to the reader...

And you people have to realize that I have barely scratched the surface with scary music. Again, Dave's Ipod Of Horror & Fear will be available to those who dare on the TPR trips this year.

And yes, there will be Elissa Bingo CDs again this year. And they will be extra-special. That's all I'll say for now...

dt

^I'm sure that will involve Cannibal Corpse - some of their lyric sheets are banned in Australia because they breach our censorship guidelines.

Does anyone still care about the B & M track anymore, strippers are a bit more interesting, well attractive ones at least?

I thought strippers only liked Charlie Sheen, but then I realised he is just a big source of dollars for them.

The Virginia winter raged on outside a ramshackle McDonalds perched between two suburban crossroads. Inside, huddled next to an ancient HP laptop, two boys were in the midst of a heated argument.

"No, can't you see? The track ties clearly resemble those of the inverted and flyer variety!" the first boy cried, scratching his virginal patch of chin hair.

"Yeah, but if you actually look at the serial number, it can't be those! Floorless or stand-up! For sure!" the other boy argued, his whiny, pre-pubescant voice audible throughout the entire eating area.

They switched tabs back and forth on the browser, one pointed at Roller Coaster Database and the other at Theme Park Review.

The first boy leaned in close and pointed, "If you examine these markings---"

Suddenly, a blast of cold air from the outside hit them like a frigid freight train. They both shot their gazes to the open door.

Standing in the entry way was a tall, dark man, with Oakley sunglasses and a worn out leather jacket. He lit a cigarette, took a drag, and glanced around the room. His stare locked in directly at the boys, and he slowly sauntered over to the edge of their table.

"What are you boys up to?" he asked, his voice all gravel and nicotine.

"Um, well, we're just trying to figure out where this roller coaster track is going to end up, and what kind of ride it will be," said the first boy.

"Oh?", the man said as sarcastically as possible while taking off his glasses to let the boys see his eyes rolling around repeatedly, "That's nice, I guess."

"Do you have any guesses?" the second boy asked.

"Nah, me and my crew....we don't roll that way. None of that pathetic back and forth, ya know. I mean, it's yellow track, get a life and find something else to conversate about. Ya dig?"

The boys had nothing to say. They had been clearly shamed by this cutting edge alpha man. The man walked to the door and took a final drag from his barely-there cigarette.

"Now if you boys will excuse me, my crew and I have to go talk to some strippers," he said, exhaling the last puff of smoke from his lungs, "On the internet."

I'm not trying to argue with you, we just don't quite get what you are trying to say. The way I understand it is you think that B&M's purpose for using those labels is to trick us. I'm just saying the I'm pretty that isn't the purpose for those. If you could elaborate, I think we would understand the point you are trying to make.

From the point that I am questioning you, it just seems like B&M is only using those labels to confuse "us". From your previous statement, that was quoted, I agree with you.

It's the parks that are requesting the plant to conceal the project information in an effort to keep their new rides secret until they are officially announced,I & a few others have pointed this out several times already.

What with the net & cell cams growing ever more popular it's getting harder for parks to conceal their projects,gone are the days when you would go to a park on year & see an empty field & the next season that field would have a shiny new coaster sitting in it.

Wes, I would tip my hat to you if I was wearing one...Now that I've stopped laughing so hard that I was choking! Impressive, sir, impressive!

I'm going to rummage around and see if I can find that ACE ball cap around here somewhere...unless it has been stolen by those coaster dork loving strippers that live next door....

I'm going to settle this once and for all: I just flew my Delorean back from the year 2011 (didn't want to get caught in a time paradox if I went all the way to 2012 and found out the world had already ended), and I can positively tell you that this coaster was installed at DelGrosso's Amusement Park. It's called Murf's Spaghetti Bowl. They lubricate the track each morning with sauce and upcharge the ride on Spaghetti Wednesdays when they shoot pasta into the riders' mouths via air cannon as the train comes down the first hill.

Also, take all the money you have and put it on the Washington Nationals in Game 7 of the 2010 World Series (the smart money that year was on Seattle--who knew?).

You do realize that strippers are, in general, paid to say that they're into the same things as potential customers, right?

yea but we got to talk and chat with them for free for 15-20 mins the other night, one of the greatest in the loop shows ever.