TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I'm pretty sure the labels are on there for their own sake. I'm not sure that they have the intent of keeping crazy enthusiast people from knowing where the track is going. Chances are they are not going to just put a not on there saying "This is inverted roller coaster track for ABC park in Matamoras, PA. Please make sure it gets there safely."

For example, I work for a manufacturer of ballast for lighting. One new product that I'm working with is a KTEB-232LBF-UV-TP-PIC-EV. You may say, "What the hell is a KTEB-232LBF-UV-TP-PIC-EV?" In short, it is a ballast that operates 2 lite, 32 watt, T8 fluorescent light fixtures. Why don't we just say that? It is just a catalog number for it. I'm sure B&M has it's own operations and internal control systems in place that all of those letters and numbers mean something, and they aren't out to confuse us.

what I am saying is that the track is made, it's going somewhere, clearly the labels don't give us enough information, which is what B&M wants.

^ If this is your point then you're just stating the obvious. Or am I too missing something?

Dave

I'm not trying to argue with you, we just don't quite get what you are trying to say. The way I understand it is you think that B&M's purpose for using those labels is to trick us. I'm just saying the I'm pretty that isn't the purpose for those. If you could elaborate, I think we would understand the point you are trying to make.

From the point that I am questioning you, it just seems like B&M is only using those labels to confuse "us". From your previous statement, that was quoted, I agree with you.

I'm not trying to argue with you, we just don't quite get what you are trying to say. The way I understand it is you think that B&M's purpose for using those labels is to trick us. I'm just saying the I'm pretty that isn't the purpose for those. If you could elaborate, I think we would understand the point you are trying to make.

From the point that I am questioning you, it just seems like B&M is only using those labels to confuse "us". From your previous statement, that was quoted, I agree with you.

What I meant is; the labels are not to trick, but to leave this coaster a secret by not labeling a park we know on the labels of the track that was pictured. So yes, we know it is a coaster, but it is to leave the "where" out of the picture until a proper media release has been issued. Im just saying that there is no "proper label" in the sense of no park or park operations company that we are aware of is labeled. So I think that maybe a park operations company and B&M wanted to keep this somewhat of a secret.

No trick, just labeled to stay a secret, and keep us distracted until a proper announcement has been made.

Is that better?