TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after having read through this freakin long thread...

I don't really believe in this too much considering the logical arguments made against Alton earlier, but the idea I had since the beginning was...

There is a website for Xworks I found through google that which has a description stating that it is for an investment company. The website has a 2009 copyright, so it is relatively new. The site claims to have its office in the UK, but most of the site wasn't working when I checked, and the office address didn't come up with that company when searched on google maps. Sounds like a fishy thing, or perhaps a front for Alton Towers to start a viral marketing campaign!

Ecxept I believe they chose a Dark Forest theme, and the track color doesn't fit.

Well Rob, getting warmer?

I have to say that this is pretty much totally it.

http://www.xworks.com/

Just look at the site. It is something that looks like it was just thrown together. The stock ticker on the left has random information on it, and I bet it won't even change over the next couple of days. It has the 2009 copyright on it. which is a pretty good giveaway. Plus, the address is in the UK. I mean, I think that all signs have to point at Alton Towers here. Just another viral marketing campaign.

I don't really believe in this too much considering the logical arguments made against Alton earlier, but the idea I had since the beginning was...

There is a website for Xworks I found through google that which has a description stating that it is for an investment company. The website has a 2009 copyright, so it is relatively new. The site claims to have its office in the UK, but most of the site wasn't working when I checked, and the office address didn't come up with that company when searched on google maps. Sounds like a fishy thing, or perhaps a front for Alton Towers to start a viral marketing campaign!

Ecxept I believe they chose a Dark Forest theme, and the track color doesn't fit.

Just look at the site. It is something that looks like it was just thrown together. The stock ticker on the left has random information on it, and I bet it won't even change over the next couple of days. It has the 2009 copyright on it. which is a pretty good giveaway. Plus, the address is in the UK. I mean, I think that all signs have to point at Alton Towers here. Just another viral marketing campaign.

it was asking me for username/password?

That is interesting. I was just able to access it about 5 minutes ago. And now it is asking for a username and password. That is very odd..... Does this just add to the campaign? Or does that mean that I am very wrong?

I kind of wish I took a screen shot now.

If you look at the top of the login pop up that appears when you go to xworks.com it shows your logging into a different site. www.mediacorpplc.com . This site is a media advertising site based in London England. Any park could have made a fake name and location and hired this company to help with a viral ad?

Or I am completely wrong.

(wouldn't be the first time)

That is the site that was xworks.com. xworks.com took you to the Media Corp webpage. I really don't think that Media Corp is a real company. I think it is all part of the campaign.

EDIT: It did check out. I just checked out the London Stock Exchange, and there is a mediacorp listed as a comany. I just thought it was interesing that a trade price was at exactly 1.00, indicating that something was up there, but according to the opening of the market, it really was at a flat 1.00.

Anyone have any other ideas?

http://whois.domaintools.com/xworks.com

Hate to burst your bubble, but the site has been active for A LOT longer than just this year. The domain was bought in 1997 by a company called Exsort Limited, who acquired Xworks in 2000.

http://www.mediacorpplc.com/investors/files/Admission%20Doc%20130699.pdf

The X-works site has nothing to do with the coaster or any viral marketing.

I think that's number 18 for SFMM. They're just gonna drive that park into debt to get the latest B&M. Terminator is just the pre show

As spoiled rotten as SFMM is I don't think Snyder & CO. would spend that much money on an expensive project such as this....that & the fact that all of SFMM's other steel coasters have typically been delivered in the mid to late summer in the years prior to their opening.

^ it hasn't been delivered yet. And as far as I can tell, they're just getting started on constructing the coaster. There didn't appear to be too many pieces of track and no support pieces. Also due to the fact that it seems that B&M has a lot on their plate this year and next, they might be trying to get ahead of the game.

Guy "This realy could be going anywhere. And with that statement, my answer is... ...wait for it... ...this coaster track is going somewhere." Koepp

These track pieces have invert or flyer written all over them!! I think Magic Mountain can be ruled out as this is super early, the are currently constructing a coaster, and they pretty much have any of the types of B&Ms that these track pieces could be used for. Altons Towers can be ruled out because I am pretty sure we would know about it as it would need approval. Also, isn't there concept photos of a possible layout of their proposed coaster anyways?(Which btw show no indication of a B&M.) And to boot, they already have a flyer and invert. I'm really not sure where this coaster could be going, however, it could very well be a Cedar Fair ride. Maverick at CP arrived super early with construction starting early as well. CP or Cedar Fair could possibly be jumpstarting construction early.

So my unofficial vote goes to a Cedar Point of Cedar Fair project.

I'm actually suprised no one has figured out what "X-WORKS" is yet!

I have done some research, and I looks like this points to Silverwood.

It all started when Gary Norton, founder of ISC Systems Corporation, purchased a small private airport called the Henley Aerodrome in 1981.

http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/history.php

ISC Systems Corporation is Gary Norton's company and used to be called Getronics. And X-Works has a connection with Getronics. So X-Works points to Gary Norton - the owner of Silverwood. SC could mean "standing coaster" or "sitting coaster" but the rumors I have heard all point to a stand up.

Yeah, I have heard those rumors also. If that's what the track is for, it all does make sense. If this is for a stand-up coaster for Silverwood, that would be really cool considering this will be the first B&M stand-up built since the Georgia Scorcher in 1999.

I'm very exited about this thread, I just discovered it today and I was surprised about all the opinions wich were very diverse..

I think it's going to be a Coaster with the car on top of it, so no flyer and no inverted, but because we know nothing about it, I personally think it's going to be a prototype of a total new concept.. I hope things will get clearer soon, cause I'm really very exited..

These track pieces have invert or flyer written all over them!! I think Magic Mountain can be ruled out as this is super early, the are currently constructing a coaster, and they pretty much have any of the types of B&Ms that these track pieces could be used for. Altons Towers can be ruled out because I am pretty sure we would know about it as it would need approval. Also, isn't there concept photos of a possible layout of their proposed coaster anyways?(Which btw show no indication of a B&M.) And to boot, they already have a flyer and invert. I'm really not sure where this coaster could be going, however, it could very well be a Cedar Fair ride. Maverick at CP arrived super early with construction starting early as well. CP or Cedar Fair could possibly be jumpstarting construction early.

So my unofficial vote goes to a Cedar Point of Cedar Fair project.

Look at the ID in the customer info & compare it to other rides & you'll see that an invert,mega & flyer have already been ruled out which leaves only sit down,standup(highly unlikely) or floorless as the model of ride that the track is for.

I do believe however that this is track for a CF project,which specific CF park it's for remains to be determined of course.

Well, I personally love stand ups, but with so many other diverse ride type possibilities, why would a park choose a standup? I would think that a flyer or inverted look more appealing.

The same reason why a park buy an old SLC like Michigan's Adventure, or a Boomerang like Carowinds. It's all relative to the park's specific needs. Some parks do better with specific types of rides than others. Does that make sense?

I agree with you, there are better types of designs out there, but they're not always the best option. Sadly.