TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

Well, after having read through this freakin long thread...

I don't really believe in this too much considering the logical arguments made against Alton earlier, but the idea I had since the beginning was...

There is a website for Xworks I found through google that which has a description stating that it is for an investment company. The website has a 2009 copyright, so it is relatively new. The site claims to have its office in the UK, but most of the site wasn't working when I checked, and the office address didn't come up with that company when searched on google maps. Sounds like a fishy thing, or perhaps a front for Alton Towers to start a viral marketing campaign!

Ecxept I believe they chose a Dark Forest theme, and the track color doesn't fit.

Well Rob, getting warmer?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after having read through this freakin long thread...

I don't really believe in this too much considering the logical arguments made against Alton earlier, but the idea I had since the beginning was...

There is a website for Xworks I found through google that which has a description stating that it is for an investment company. The website has a 2009 copyright, so it is relatively new. The site claims to have its office in the UK, but most of the site wasn't working when I checked, and the office address didn't come up with that company when searched on google maps. Sounds like a fishy thing, or perhaps a front for Alton Towers to start a viral marketing campaign!

Ecxept I believe they chose a Dark Forest theme, and the track color doesn't fit.

Well Rob, getting warmer?

Yea, this just screams viral marketing campaign

Guy and myself do not believe in the word "Sarcasm" and therefore I think Guy is correct with his conclusion. This was probably the yellow track that used to be Batman: Knight Flight. Way to go Guy, you win a cookie

If that were true then the customer name would read "Gueaga Lake" & not "X Works". That's what the shipping label read on one of Dominator's track sections when it was delivered to KD in october,2007.

[quote=

ISC Systems Corporation is Gary Norton's company and used to be called Getronics. And X-Works has a connection with Getronics. So X-Works points to Gary Norton - the owner of Silverwood. SC could mean "standing coaster" or "sitting coaster" but the rumors I have heard all point to a stand up.

How does the mental leap happen between Getronics and this unknown X-Works?

I'm actually suprised no one has figured out what "X-WORKS" is yet!

X-Works. Hmmmmmmmm! If X=Cross then Cross=Jesus. As in Jesus was hung on a "cross" by them Jews. Works = as in "to work", or not "not working". We get Jesus not working. So what can we deduce from this? We need to tie something or someone of great faith with something or someone that doesn't like to work. Or... ...some people that have great faith and don't like to work.

I'VE GOT IT!

Mexicans! They're very religious, and real lazy!

So that means that this is a new B&M for 6FMexico!

Guy "You were right Robb, when you put the pieces together it was easy." Koepp

Well, my research ability is really lame. So I just plugged "X" into RCDB and discovered that there's a park in the Philippines called "X-Site Teen Amusement Center." I don't really think it has anything to do with this new coaster, but if this park is anything like how its name sounds, then I'm moving to the Philippines!

/Screw the coaster.

//Er, I mean....

Did anybody notice that the yellow track is job #5762? 6FNE coaster was job #6011. For christ sakes, it was built in 2002. These pictures are ancient. Possibly from the early to mid 90s at the earliest. Nice work Robb, it's not even April Fools Day yet. You got me!

Guy "I feel like such a fool." Koepp

Well, if the pictures are "ancient", then it's a big prank on the whole coaster community. Several sites and blogs (screamscape, newsplusnotes, ect) all have reported the same thing, and source the same person sending them in. So, if these are old photos being resurfaced, it's a big joke on the whole community.

Which makes me believe they're real. If they're not, wow. Just wow.

Well, if the pictures are "ancient", then it's a big prank on the whole coaster community. Several sites and blogs (screamscape, newsplusnotes, ect) all have reported the same thing, and source the same person sending them in. So, if these are old photos being resurfaced, it's a big joke on the whole community.

Which makes me believe they're real. If they're not, wow. Just wow.

Relax, a simple look at the EXIF data from the images shows they were taken with an iPhone on 1/22/2009 around 4:30pm, so they are, indeed, legit.

And another cool thing is the latitude and longitude of where the pictures were taken is also recorded in the EXIF data, so if there was any doubt if these pictures were taken in Ohio or not (and I don't think there was), the EXIF data proves they were, indeed, taken in Ohio.

^ And if you click the GPS coordinates attached to the EXIF data with OSX's Preview app, Google Maps brings up a satellite photo of the exact area it was taken (which is actually the only useful thing I've gotten from this stupid thread so far!).

^ And if you click the GPS coordinates attached to the EXIF data with OSX's Preview app, Google Maps brings up a satellite photo of the exact area it was taken (which is actually the only useful thing I've gotten from this stupid thread so far!).

Oh you MAC people think your sooooooooooo superior with all your longitudinal OSX previewing apps and google area tracking. EXIF data and all that GPS crap can be manipulated to make you think it was done at a certain time and place. If thats even who you are Steve Jobs!

Guy "MAC= Mostly Apple Crap!" Koepp

On the idea of a hypercoaster at Busch Gardens, they have been toying around with that idea for many years now. The problem they have is that the local height restriction requires that for every foot they go vertically, the coaster has to be a foot into the park, basically there is a pyramid with sides angled 45 degrees surrounding the park they can build within.

They could do a pure hypercoaster, but SheiKra took the last building cycle. It will happen one day, the plans and possible areas have been established.

Personally, I would love to see BGT's Congo area expanded further, but there isn't enough room unless they fill some retention ponds. They've boxed out a good bit of the park for the animals to roam freely (at least I think that's what goes on over there?), but they have room for major expansion should the mood or money ever strike to reorganize that part of the park and expand into new African themes.

I know someone mentioned it as a joke before, but could it simply be replacement track for Chang? I remember there being instances of track having to get replaced in high-g areas (I think a section of Raptor got replaced) because of potential stress fractures and such.

The color scheme and the alleged "track code" potentially being a stand-up kinda point in this direction.