TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back to the first post and reread it. I thought that "I was strolling by the B&M Plant and was quick to my camera when I saw LOTS of yellow B&M track sitting out front" was rather funny.

Just happened to be strolling by the B&M plant?

Now, I'm not saying this is faked or anything; obviously this is B&M track sitting outside of what looks like an industrial facility. What I would say is that this person is someone who knows what the place is and what they make there.

Could s/he have gotten a tip? Does s/he make a habit of "checking out" the place? All in all, I thought it was an interesting approach to spotting track.

Now for my "official" guess as to what this is, I'm ruling out inverted; it's a floorless or above-track ride of some type for a park here in the U.S.

Eric

I would love to see a new stand up going somewhere. I love Riddlers and Georgia Scorcher. So... ...yeah... ... my vote is for a stand up.

Now that you mention it, I remember hearing that Silverwood is planning a new custom designed B&M stand-up for 2010. This would be nice to see since there hasn't been a stand up coaster built in almost 10 years.

Also, as I was driving through Denver earlier tonight, I drove by Elitch Gardens and noticed that Flying Coaster is still there. This got me thinking - it was closed all of last year and was not included on the park map, so maybe they will remove it once the weather warms up in a few months and begin work on a new project for 2010 which could be this coaster. The last coaster installed at the park was Halfpipe in 2004 - which many would not even consider to BE a coaster. The previous coaster was Flying Coaster which is closed and about to make an exit. This leaves Boomerang which was built in 1999. PARC seems to be doing fairly good (economic wise, compared to SFI, etc), and when I was last at the park, it was the most crowded I had ever seen it. A small B&M floorless or something would be a perfect fit for Flying Coaster's location. Although considering the last "new" floorless built (Hydra at Dorney) was very disappointing and seemingly pointless, a ride like this would be better than the other coasters at Elitch's. Just some optimism from a local...

I remove my call for SFA getting this, because their BIG announcement came so suddenly and without any prior speculation; which leads me to believe they are getting a Hard Rock Park coaster instead. These other two parks have had rumors going around about a new coaster long before HRP even closed.

How many times must it be said that the Ohio plant ONLY produces track for B&M's US & Canadian markets? This isn't a ride being produced for an Asian or Mid-East park,it's most likely for a US park for 2010 which is why production has just now begun.

So what about that red dive machine track that was produced there for the one at Happy Valley in China? Or the track for Crystal Wings that was produced there?

I personally don't give a damn what it is (unless its coming to England lol), but someone I know came up with this:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48745&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

(9th post of the page)

Take a CLOSE look at the ties of the mystery track and the stand up track, and then at the floorless and sit down tracks.

The floorless and sit down tracks appear to have the V-Cut of the ties at a slightly steeper angle than the stand up and mystery track.

How's that for insight?

Along with that, the distance between the bottom of the ties (where it is welded to the side of the spine) to the top corner of the spine in relation to the distance between the top of the spine and the top of the ties (where the ties are welded to the rails) seems to be of a higher ratio for the floorless and sitdown when compared to the stand up and mystery track. The floorless and sitdowns look like a 3:1 ratio while the stand up and mystery track look like a 4:1 ratio.

Also, the height of the spine for the stand up and the mystery coaster seem to be slightly taller than the floorless and the sit down:

http://rcdb.com/ig3852.htm?picture=17

http://rcdb.com/ig4079.htm?picture=7

Compared to:

http://rcdb.com/ig470.htm?picture=6

Now, these differences may simply be due to the angle and distance of which the pictures were taken, and there is a chance that the tracks are all exactly the same. But in the chance that there are subtle differences, my bet is the stand up. (Not just because I'm a die hard fan of the stand up.) If not, then the floorless and sit down are both equally as likely.

How's that for insight?

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

Quote:

^So you do know what the track is for!

I call shenanigans!

Guy "Robb Alvey knows something and he won't tell." Koepp

Bingo! Just sitting back and watching the STUPIDITY at this point.

Larry, I can't tell you how good a laugh that gave me this morning. Great way to start a sunday.

Well, they are re-tracking Thunder Road at Carrowinds...

This thread is turning into a rumour/wishful thinking thread

Alton Towers: This doesn't fit with the lay out we've seen at all, and I highly doubt their new coaster is a B&M.

SFA - If they where to build a B&M for 2009 they would

cedar point - Unlikely. If it was for 09 it is way to late, and it is a bit early for 2010. Maverick pieces started showing up in june or something?

Carowinds - Possible, but the rumours say hyper. ( the rumours before Behemoth said that Cedar Fair had made a three hypers deal with B&M)

My best bet is Asia. Either a happy valley or something else in China, or Universal Studios Singapore.

Universal Studios Singapore is supposed to open in 2010. That's just about 14-18 months to finish a park. If we look at IOA the coasters need to be done quite some time before opening in order to get the theming done etc. That means the coasters should probably be done track wise sometime this fall or before Christmas at the latest. Installation of a B&M takes about a month or two, plus ground work. Also they need probably more than a month to ship the track from Ohio to Singapore. If the plant is done with this project in a month or two, the timetable fits quite well. This is more plausible than some of the other suggestions.

Taken from an unidentified source:

Myrtle Beach 2009- Hard Rock Park will live on. According to a South Carolina resident, the park's management is apparently not willing to accept it's own fate. In true rock star fashion, they have vowed to rock on, regardless of the impending liquidation following the failure at the auction block this past year.

In a bold move, Hard Rock management has conned the latest South Carolina Powerball Lotto millionaires into investing with the closed theme park. Their plan, to introduce the first roller coaster themed to Bananarama. Insiders have already located yellow coaster track outside a prominent coaster manufacturer's plant in Ohio.

When interviewed about his curious decision to invest in the closed park, Powerball winner Mr. Ben Dover said, "I live right down the street from this place and I ain't never heard of it. The park people said all it needs is one more signature attraction and they're guaranteed 2 million guests per year! With my $20 million dollar investment, this park is sure to be back on the map in no time, so I thought, 'How could I NOT make this move?'"

What about Heide Park? There were rumors for a new coaster for 2010.

Here's what I've found on Screamscape:

2010 - New Coaster - Rumor - (11/5/08) We’ve got a few more rumors making the rounds this week about Heide Park’s plans for 2010. According to a posting over at Onride.de, the park made a statement that they are working on something that will be unique to the German market.

Thay already retracked thunder road in the 08 season.

I think this is a floorless coaster but it is not going to carowinds

because carowinds is supposed to bring back the name white

lightning.

I wish it could be for carowinds though. If not a hyper

why not give carowinds a 3rd wave pool or another

used coaster.

Taken from an unidentified source:

Myrtle Beach 2009- Hard Rock Park will live on. According to a South Carolina resident, the park's management is apparently not willing to accept it's own fate. In true rock star fashion, they have vowed to rock on, regardless of the impending liquidation following the failure at the auction block this past year.

In a bold move, Hard Rock management has conned the latest South Carolina Powerball Lotto millionaires into investing with the closed theme park. Their plan, to introduce the first roller coaster themed to Bananarama. Insiders have already located yellow coaster track outside a prominent coaster manufacturer's plant in Ohio.

When interviewed about his curious decision to invest in the closed park, Powerball winner Mr. Ben Dover said, "I live right down the street from this place and I ain't never heard of it. The park people said all it needs is one more signature attraction and they're guaranteed 2 million guests per year! With my $20 million dollar investment, this park is sure to be back on the map in no time, so I thought, 'How could I NOT make this move?'"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let this be true. I would give my left lung for a Bananarama coaster. Just imagine it, Listening to "Venus" on a coaster. That sounds like heaven to me.

This reminds me of this one time where this one park thought by adding all these new roller coasters to a park it would make it successful but it didn't then the company ended up selling the park then another company bought the park then took most of the roller coaster out

does anybody else remember that ?

The track is not for Medusa.

Robb. You crush my dreams, even though they were a shot in the dark. I do want to see some of medusa's transformation pictures though. If anybody has any or gets any.

I'm a GADV season pass holder so don't worry I'll post loads of pics & videos of whatever Medusa is called