TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alton? Tivoli? (wait I think that is for 2011-12)

What about spain? That new water park was talking about expansion with a floorless design coaster...but don't they have a closer B&M plant in Europe?

The dive coaster going to Happy Valley...But the track is too small for a dive coaster...

Maybe is some other random park in China. or anywhere in Europe or Asia....or dubai

What I think is really interesting about this thread is how may US parks we don't think it could be going to. Kind of says something about the state of the industry.

But just to join in the craziness fun, I'm going to say it's a "Hollywood Dream" coaster for USH.

/Oh wait, I forgot about Transformers.

//Almost makes sense, otherwise.

I don't know what it is or where it is going, but could it be for Canada's Wonderland? I know they just got Behemoth, but they are also celebrated 30 years in 2010. Maybe it's for them! They could start construction soon and have track installed starting in the late summer or in early fall. Problably not - but I can be hopeful!

David

Looking back at Johnnyupsidedowns Manta construction pictures

and comparing it to the 1st picture they do look sort of similar

Isn't B&M flyer a bit flatter than Hyper and inverted track, if i remember dive machines had almost completely flat track compared to the middle beam, then flyers was slightly more curved out from the main beam and then hyper and inverted was even more curved out than that... excuse the lack of technical terms i can't remember any.

Rob

Can I just say that it will NOT be going to a European park.

As far as I am aware, pretty much all of Europe's B&M's in the past have been manufactured in their original Switzerland plant/factory.

This includes Nemesis, Air and Oblivion, so we can confirm that is probably won't be SW6 for Alton, or Toverland's Batman clone.

American parks are obviously quick to announce major enw rides like this, so my bet is on it going to Asia or Australia.

China is the Boom Town of theme parks at the moment.

Why would SFI change the layout of an already existing coaster? That involves new footers, and a lot of other work. SFI is focusing on refurbishing their old rides, not rerouting them.

I'm stumped. I don't know where it's going, but Cedar Fair's probably behind it.

As to the Texas project Tatum mentioned, I hope not.

I don't think parks should start out Season 1 with a B&M (coughHRPcough)

^ Um, they are building a Harry Potter section for 2010, and as Robb said above, there is no coaster for that section.

You guys need to read the thread before responding, A LOT of theories have already been brought up and potentially shot down.

Hmm. Well as someone said before, it doesnt look like a inverted as the way the connectors stick out to join the track to the supports.. It just wouldnt fit onto a invert. Im guessing a flyer!

And i know where its going..

Dreamworld, AU.

Haha, i wish. But it isnt totally ruled out yet so im just gunna wait and see.

^ Um, they are building a Harry Potter section for 2010, and as Robb said above, there is no coaster for that section.

You guys need to read the thread before responding, A LOT of theories have already been brought up and potentially shot down.

There's a building being built in that specified area and I see catwalks and places for footers. I have no clue what is going in that building but its big enough to house at least the Mummy times two.

So we'll see what the building is to become of.

I have a feeling it's for Cedar Point. Cedar Point is missing a flying coaster AND a flooress coaster. So either one is possible.

But is there even enough room?

--James

If that were the case then CP would've probably gotten Dominator instead of KD.Still my bet is that it is probably for a CF park.

There's a building being built in that specified area and I see catwalks and places for footers. I have no clue what is going in that building but its big enough to house at least the Mummy times two.

So we'll see what the building is to become of.

It's a dark ride that uses a robot arm as a ride vehicle. There's concept art and stuff in the IOA Harry Potter thread on this forum.

hmm, well Carowinds is already announced the removal of their log ride and its been pretty much confirmed ,but not officially announced, that Carowinds will be getting something big, which we could assume is a coaster. This could possibly be track for a hyper. Although, I do agree it's a little early for them to be producing track already for that project. They haven't even removed the log ride yet.