TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

I Call Carowinds or maybe Great America... Isn't there a 3rd B&M in the set that goes along with Behemoth and Diamondback? I would assume an old Paramount park will be getting one. Does it have to be a Hyper

I doubt CGA will build anything since they can't even get their GCI built because of bitchy neighbors.

I think this is for that "BIG announcement" for SFA.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, like they're going to tell some random person where the track is going. If they've already kept the location marked on the label a...secret...I highly doubt they'd tell anyone.

Anyway...I can only wish that the track is going to Busch Gardens Africa. Sure, they have coasters there, but more coasters never hurt. (Even though FL is getting two new coasters)

Hey

Hey guys. I'm the one who took these pics. If you'd like proof, let me know.

Just to let you guys know, the B&M plant in Ohio is ONLY for roller coasters in USA. There are other B&M plants around the world.

Sorry but this is clearly wrong....

Interestingly the pattern of rides built in the US and delivered to Asia is a little odd. As far as i can tell recently at least they have been China only

Built in Ohio = Crystal Wings (China), Dive Coaster (China), Unknown Dive Machine (China)

Not in Ohio = Hollywood Dream (Japan), Phaethon (S Korea)

I cant say much for the older 6 (Pyrenees, Diavlo, Gambit, Oriochi, G5 and Insane Speed) but i would hazard a guess that none were built in Ohio. (i have no proof of that but someone might)

-----------------------------

As for the track itself

As mentioned earlier Judging by the way the track with the inversion connector bends inwards i would say this is not an Invert. And the track is certainly not a dive machine. So that leaves us with Sitdown/Flyer.

I would say a guess at a sitdown ride at Universal Singapore is probably our best bet

One final thing that might support this. We know that the Vekoma Battlestar coaster in Singapore will have 2 sides. A sitdown and an inverted. I first thought that a hulk style ride would be too similar to the sitdown side of Battlestar until i remembered the article about battlestar having one intense looping side and one more family orientated side. Which would provide a reasonably different ride style.

Right now feel free to shoot me down on any of those points. im just thinking aloud

I was actually thinking that the track could possibly go to either the Dubai or the Singapore project.

And what is this Battlestar coaster mentioned above. Can someone please enlighten me?

Edit: Wait, is this going to be the Dueling Dragons of Singapore, just built by Vekoma?

http://www.rwsentosa.com/video/webcast08_dec.html

This video from the Sentosa site has detailed descriptions of the battlestar galactica dueling coaster for singapore.

Coasters and more.de did a report from EAS mentioning this ride was a Vekoma coaster http:\\www.coastersandmore.de

i would expect it will feature the new Vekoma 4 across trains too

As weird as it is to imagine this, I feel like it could be a Floorless going to Six Flags America for the 2010 season.

The park is in desperate need of something big to draw back crowds. Sad to say, but I don't think they'll last much longer if they stick with the current lineup.

I Call Carowinds or maybe Great America... Isn't there a 3rd B&M in the set that goes along with Behemoth and Diamondback? I would assume an old Paramount park will be getting one. Does it have to be a Hyper

I doubt CGA as they couldn't even get that woodie for 09.

My best guess is that it's for one of the CF parks(hopefully KD) for 2010 because SF certainly can't afford any B&M's right now.

I might sound biased since SFA is my heart and soul lol, but I really think that this might be SFA's huge announcement for 2009. I doubt it would be for a 2010 project for anyone because why would they leave the track outside for a year? (I dont know if they normally do that or not, correct me if I'm wrong)

I might sound biased since SFA is my heart and soul lol, but I really think that this might be SFA's huge announcement for 2009. I doubt it would be for a 2010 project for anyone because why would they leave the track outside for a year? (I dont know if they normally do that or not, correct me if I'm wrong)

Well if the project is massive enough track fabrication & shipping may need to be done now so that construction can begin,this is basically what they did for both Behemoth,as well as Diamonback after all.

SFA wouldn't get a B&M,heck they can't even get something as cheap as a THBS clone & SFI cheated them out of SFNE's cancelled 08 coaster by giving it to SFM for 09 instead so that really leaves a CF park as the only possible candidate.

Keep in mind that the section of track that looks to be for an inversion may,just may also be the pullout for a drop but because it is sitting rail side down it may appear to be for the entrance/exit of an inversion...of course I could be wrong though.

Ok, I don't see it going to sfmm because they have every b&m coaster except the hyper and the dive machine. We all know the track is way to small to be a dive machine and sfmm allready has Goliath.

I would love to see this go to BGE, as a flying coaster soaring over the rhine river. But i think it's between SFAmerica and Carowinds.

There IS a rumor going around that along with the Sesame Street area at BGE, there will be a new coaster for 2010. I know someone who claims that BGE contacted his company for footers. They were too large to be for Grovers Alpine Tours and if they were for sesame street, it would have been done a while back. All I can do is hope!

IMO (as much as I want it to happen) I don't think it's going to go to KD, and I highly doubt that it is going to SFA. As was stated earlier, it probably won't be going to a smaller park, just due to cost, and economy. My bet would probably be somewhere out of the USA. Unless there is a Cedar Fair of Six Flags park that has the code-name; X-WORKS (which I doubt unless someone has a factory stamp that says there is a CF or SF with that name), then it's not going to be in America.

I think this mystery track is a floorless coaster, but only time will tell. It *could* be Alton Towners' new attraction, but nobody know for sure. Either way Im sure we are all hoping that we will hear something soon, hope like most B&Ms that it will be smooth, and Im sure no matter where it goes it will be a good ride.

Ok, I don't see it going to sfmm because they have every b&m coaster except the hyper and the dive machine. We all know the track is way to small to be a dive machine and sfmm allready has Goliath.

I would love to see this go to BGE, as a flying coaster soaring over the rhine river. But i think it's between SFAmerica and Carowinds.

Carowinds is out as they're getting GL's boomerang for 09 & as a result probably won't be seeing a new coaster (or another used one for that matter) for a while & SFA is out simply because corporate simply doesn't give a flying fig about the place so the most likely possibiltiy is KD.

Granted CP hasn't added a coaster in three years & VF sure doesn't have anything from B&M so it could very well be a project for either of these two parks as well.