TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

Movie world did afford a Intamin Rocket coaster, an S&S Space Shot within 2 years of each other. Dreamworld Bought Tower Of Terror and less then a year later converted it into Giant Drop as well. I feel the money isnt an issue. I mean Dreamworld havent bought anything new since Motocoaster. and it was a bad ride. And Movieworld havent bought anything since Batwing. It seems quite logical They are getting the B&M.

But China sounds good too.

Robby

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^If I am wrong someone can correct me, but Superman cost around $12,000,000 AUD which today equates to less than $8million USD. (Probably less given the exchange rate at the time.)

I am under the impression that B&Ms today are running somewhere in the neighborhood of $16-25 million dollars. Diamondback for example is costing $22million, but it is a huge coaster. (Behemoth cost roughly the same amount.) Getting a B&M would be a major step up in purchase price for either park, but I have learned to never say never.

It's can't be...

•Dive Machine- Track to small and the track even looks different.

•Hyper- Track too small.

•Standup- No park wants one anymore.

•Invert- "Based on the centermost piece, and the two pieces to it's right, I bet this coaster is going to have a few inversions. Just look how the place for the supports... it sticks out an an awkward angle... something you see when they can't easily attach the support... something that would only happen if the track is at a weird angle... something you'll see on an inversion.

Just my two cents. " Quoted from Hendrick on KIExtreme.com

SW6 at Alton Towers? They would need a substantial ammount of time to build it as well as ship it to the UK.

Guy "Or possibly the rumored new coaster for Hard Rock Park." Koepp

I don't know didn't Alton Towers only just submit their plans? Would be a bit soon for it though i could be completely wrong and they were approved weeks ago... haha I would be careful using the term SW6 around die-hard Alton Towers fans so much debate over whether it is the next 'secret weapon' or just corkscrews replacement coaster though personally i'm not that fussed about plan names as i'm pretty sure the marketing department won't name it either of those things wen it opens.

Rob

SW6 at Alton Towers? They would need a substantial ammount of time to build it as well as ship it to the UK.

Guy "Or possibly the rumored new coaster for Hard Rock Park." Koepp

It wouldn't be track for a European or Australian park as the Ohio plant manufactures track for only the US & Canadian markets.It could be track for KD's rumored 2010 hyper or maybe that "huge 09 addition" that SFA keeps touting on their facebook page(fat chance of course but I had to throw that in there) which makes the most sense because for a hyper in the CF chain track usually has been shipping early these days.

I saw something on coastercritic's blog recently about how the plant no longer lists the actual customer name on each segment so as to keep enthusiasts from figuring out which park it's going to until the project is announced...hence the "I-works" name listed as "customer" on the label that's affixed to the track in the photos.

I saw something on coastercritic's blog recently about how the plant no longer lists the actual customer name on each segment so as to keep enthusiasts from figuring out which park it's going to until the project is announced...hence the "I-works" name listed as "customer" on the label that's affixed to the track in the photos.

No no, see it says "X-Works" as the customer, perhaps they're going to remake X with B&M track so it actually works!!!!

I heard that Dreamworld in Australia was getting a B&M. Considering Australian parks can open there rides anytime during the year. (due to the fact there open year round). It makes "some" sense.

I believe it may be for an Australian Park. Dreamworld and Movie world are getting lots of new things the past few years. And they both seem to be competing against each other for rides. I think it would be for Dreamworld.

Robby

I'd have my doubts for it going to Dreamworld. The park has a long term capital spending target of $6 Mil AUD per year (According to the MLT financial releases), so they have a bit less headroom compared to WVTP in that respect.

Anyhow, their current strategy seems to be boosting per capita spending with all those upcharge things they are putting in at the moment.

Plus anyhow, Dreamworld getting a B&M is one of those recurriing rumours that never go away.

If I am wrong someone can correct me, but Superman cost around $12,000,000 AUD which today equates to less than $8million USD. (Probably less given the exchange rate at the time.)

I am under the impression that B&Ms today are running somewhere in the neighborhood of $16-25.

Superman cost $16 Mil AUD in 2005, though back then our exchange rate was much more favourable with the USD.

Our most expensive ride cost $20 Mil. B&Ms certainly aren't out of the question...It's not so much what the park can afford, but rather what will bring a return on investment, so B&Ms or whatever aren't out of the question, so long as they could bring in the returns.

But getting back to the topic, I can only really see this being a flyer, sitting or floorless coaster (Or Stand-up, but who builds them?). The track shaping, and a few of the specific segments, rule out any other style.

I doubt SFMM will be getting parts for their (supposed) 2010 coaster so early, not to mention all of the Terminator track still lying around. I don't think it is going to Australia. My personal guess it to be for Dorney Park 2010 to replace Laser like maybe a small flyer or Alton's SW6 getting ready to be shipped over seas.

With all the park projects underway for Dubailand, surely they'll have to start building track for them at some point, right? I honestly have no idea where this track is going but that seems like as reasonable a guess as any.