TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it ends up being true that SFFT does get a B&M, that would account for all B&M track right? That would than leave Carowinds out, and a possible Intamin "return".. or some other manufacturer we haven't seen build a 300+ft tall coaster in a long time.

I think he's saying that the word "boring" and "mundane" were repeated a lot in the message.

No in the message they actually said

"Is your life boring and mundane"

they said boring and mundane after a very brief pause and really emphasized those two words in the sentence

I listened to the message and it honestly just sounds like regular voice inflection.

I think he's saying that the word "boring" and "mundane" were repeated a lot in the message.

No in the message they actually said

"Is your life boring and mundane"

they said boring and mundane after a very brief pause and really emphasized those two words in the sentence

I listened to the message and it honestly just sounds like regular voice inflection.

Emphasized or not, it is still a very particular choice of words, and given the message is to feed speculation, I'm sure the words were chosen carefully. That's not to say they didn't do just that on purpose to throw us off. I personally don't think Fiesta Texas is getting a B&M in 2015 but it is interesting nonetheless.

In the same recording that mentions boring and mundane it does ask if you had ever thought about opening up your own business, specifically a Boutique or Movie theater, another alliterative reference. It'll be rather disappointing if they just end up relocating one of the original Superman flyers, which I don't think or at least hope won't be the case.

^Actually I would say it has to do with the direction of the force that the trains exert on them ("pulling" the rails out rather than pressing them against the spine"), but I might be wrong.

I cannot say this for certain, but my guess is that each coaster type has a different set of load profiles (amount of forces in x, y and z directions), combined with the track width and train weight and dimensions. Putting this into a structural calculation program you could optimize the shape to be the strongest and the lightest for every scenario.

New pictures from the B&M plant brought to us via Screamscape. Just some quick observations. There is some teal track loaded on the a flat bed trailer, thay typically means it is being shipped within North America. There is new teal track with a neon yellow spine that has shown up. Of course HW's orange is all over the yard. The red, yellow and white are completely gone.

LSM launch track on that trailer next to the container.