TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some close up photos of HW's Thunderbird track (I know a guy) and the orange/red track in the photos posted here looks smaller than Thunderbird's. Maybe it's because I don't have much to compare scale to on these photos where as the close up's of HW's track I have people standing next to it to scale to.

I've seen some close up photos of HW's Thunderbird track (I know a guy) and the orange/red track in the photos posted here looks smaller than Thunderbird's. Maybe it's because I don't have much to compare scale to on these photos where as the close up's of HW's track I have people standing next to it to scale to.

Track size can range from really thick to normal.

See Leviathan:

Levi.jpg.9f586fc552eceedfb962815b2005bdf0.jpg

Thick

Levi2.jpg.1ea5d69ec45d8989fec1a97f46573898.jpg

Thin

^Yeah but that's a special case as the track on the lift also acts as a support. Still, normally the thickness of the box (only in height) varies according to the stress on those areas.

I actually think it's going to be very interesting to see if they will use the same lift hill construction as on Leviathan, where the spine goes down into the ground, on the one at Carowinds or if there's a better solution when there's not a coaster below it.

^I think it's more to save steel than it was to avoid dragon fire. A bit like the structure intamin used for I305 and Skyrush only it's all in one (track and supports ) So I assume they will use it. Could be wrong, though.

So what I think is funny is the fact that we were all focused on the red track in this picture a month ago, and Thunderbird's track was visible, but nobody really mentioned it. We always refereed to is as red/orange track together, not separately.

I think that is yellow track and not the Thunderbird orange. The red/orange track does look a little more red than the Thunderbird track but it could just be lighting.

If you look at the

closely, you can see that new tie design we were all talking about a few pages ago. It's the launch track. Pay attention starting around 0:05 just before the propelling tires and continuing on under the LSM plates. So, I think that red/orange track is Thunderbird track but we just don't have anything to scale it to and the lighting makes the color seem redder than the animation does.