TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes one piece then.

But if it was two pieces then how is the track balancing there? It can't be, which is what makes me think that it's one piece. And if it is, then it's certainly a new model. And if it isn't, it still looks like new type of track with the different rail ties.

^If anything, it looks like two pieces bolted together.

Though, honestly, I can't tell if the bottom portion is a piece of track laying upside down. There seems to be track in the grass under it....or maybe I'm just seeing things.

Oh, I didn't spot that! I assumed it was just a different support but I guess you could be right.

The orange looks like something new, so it's possible that could be for holiday world? or maybe just an unknown park rather than one of the projects we already know of.

An orange coaster would work well in the Thansgiving section of Holiday World. Orange and Turkeys?

It would also look nice in all of those trees in the fall.

That white track looks too narrow and weedy for dive coaster track maybe?

I agree about the red track, it looks like there's a straight piece under the curved piece. Are they planning a YOLOSWAG-coaster style spine-to-spine track?

That white track looks too narrow and weedy for dive coaster track maybe?

I don't know exactly how wide krake's track is but it doesn't look much wider than most B&M track.

Remember these will be smaller dive coasters (not like griffon)

^Has that been confirmed? The white track certainly looks like it belongs to a wing rider or dive machine. But the red/orange certainly looks like it's for a new type. Unless anyone knows of any other B&M with those rail ties?

^Has that been confirmed? The white track certainly looks like it belongs to a wing rider or dive machine. But the red/orange certainly looks like it's for a new type. Unless anyone knows of any other B&M with those rail ties?

I've spent much of my day off looking at as much B&M track as I possibly can(gosh, that sounds depressing). Either this is a new design for the ties or a new track design altogether.

I still can't decide if these are to separate stacked pieces or two pieces bolted together. I can't for the life of me imagine why they would just stack an over 2 ton object on top of another just to save room.

Also, the spine of that bottom section of the two pieces looks odd to me. Typically the lift hill's spine is ribbed because of all the attachments (chain guides, catwalks, etc.) but the ribbing is evenly spaced, unless I've over looked an example to the contrary. The spine on that bottom section is ribbed but...it sure doesn't look evenly spaced. So, this would have to be integral to the design or it's just wasted construction.

Thoughts?

^That's the thing, i can see rails and ties on that piece below, yet regardless, they look like they are one piece? Because that piece simply wouldn't balance there or be stacked like that. So it has to be attached to that other piece, and with the rail ties like no other B&M this has to be a new type? And if they were separate there would be a plate on the bottom of that track connector, and although we can't see it, it doesn't look like that.

I zoomed in on it and there's definitely a plate there. Nothing unusual about this piece. Just a flipped brake run with a piece balancing by its connector on top of it. I honestly resent the idea of Holiday World's new coaster being that orange color if they go with the theme hinted in 66 Days but the more I think about it, it would look really nice in the Thanksgiving section. I started speculating this thinking that a B&M launcher seemed farfetched, but after seeing this track and the Holiday World footers with the almond-shaped holes in them, I'm starting to think that's what this might be.

GUESSES AS OF NOW:

Yellow-China

White-Gardaland

Orange-Holiday World

Blue-Carowinds

Has anything been said about what appear to be supports on the right? If that's what those are, I wouldn't rule out Holiday World getting the white track with dark blue supports.

Has anything been said about what appear to be supports on the right? If that's what those are, I wouldn't rule out Holiday World getting the white track with dark blue supports.

My first guess for colors for HW were white and blue. Theming it to ocean waves in a storm.

It doesn't really look like a brake run to me. 1 does look like one and it's different from the other piece.

Has anyone also noticed that strange piece (2) or isn't it anything unusual at all?

14510040625_d483b5a1f4_c.jpg.82d3a6549f413f425e1189d1a630eb9d.jpg

^ The piece labelled number 2 isn't the same as the one labeled 1 because the rail ties are in no way the same. I also still cannot understand why those pieces are stacked, B&M don't really seem to stack track. And with the rail ties being different i still remain on this being something new.

Isn't it possible that none of the track pieces are stacked and that it just appears that way based on the angle the picture was taken? The way I see it, there are three orange pieces lined up in a row and the middle piece happens to be elevated due to where the supports attach on the middle piece.

I could be wrong here, but I'm just trying to add another perspective into the mix of speculation.

I think the angle of this photo is throwing people off. It looks to me that there are at least 5 distinct pieces of orange/red steel (numbered below).

1 - I don't think this is part of 2. The gray connecting face and perspective make this seem like a separate piece sitting behind 3.

2 - Could this be resting on the connector, behind, not on top of 3?

This is just how my eyeballs are perceiving things. I could be terribly wrong.