TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

do a "and some of the best Woodies" Trip!

MrTwister

I think I do it 2010....

TPR Trips are wonderful, but mostly in german school holidays. And at this time only workers with childen get holiday in our company...

So my plan is SFNE,Lake Compounce,Waldameer,Cedar Point,Kings Island,Holiday World,Dollywood,Bush Gardens Europe,SFGadv,Hershey....

od do you have better trip tips?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should first sort out how much money you want to spend. Flying into te USA usually costs around $700-800.

Then you'll need a car, hotels and food.

As for choosing parks, the USA is basically divided into:

NorthEast, MidWest, Southwest, Florida and California.

These areas have a lot of themeparks, yet between them is usually a lot of driving distance.

Look the parks up on rcdb.com and go to the parks that have the best coasters.

On a side note, if you're going to do an 'all-wood' trip, you'll miss out a lot of good steel coasters in whatever area you're visiting.

Not to mention Cedar Point, SFNE, and King's Island have terrible wooden coasters, and Busch doesn't have any wood at all.

The scope of your trip is very, very long. I mapquested a route starting from Six Flags New England and did the best I could in maping it out. Overall, with the parks that you listed, it would be roughly 2070 miles of driving, which would be estimated at about 35.5 hours in the car.

Check out the length here

Sounds like this guys wants to ride some of the best woodies but also visit nearby parks since he is taking a big trip. Therefore, he has included BGE, CP and KI.

I would suggest that your trip also include Knoebels and Kennywood, two parks that you would be driving fairly close to going from CP, Waldameer and KI and all the other parks.

Herc, you never know. Some Europeans have extended vacations and after you factor in the cost of flying across the Atlantic, want to get as much done as possible.

Hopefully, Mr Twister provides more info as people are willing to help him plan this trip.

oh I have 28 Days in Germany.

Yeah it was a problem to get to this trip...

1. I want to ride Boulder Dash (better I MUST ride it) again as soon as possible.... --> so its nearby SFNE.

2. I want ride the Voyage also!! And the Beast as the longest ...

and so on...

So I make a little list about this trip:

Car: 330 Euro 427 $

Flight: 340 Euro 440 $

Motels 560 Euro 725 $ (if I only use Motels / 60$ night)

Gasolin:120 Euro 155 $

Parks: 250 Euro 325 $ (Print at home tikets)

parking 70 Euro 90 $

Maut 50 Euro 65 $

---------------------------------------------

1720 Euro 2225 $

+ Meals

+Merchandise

+ if crouded Flash Pass Gold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I visit Knoebels with last years TPR Trip.

Quest is... Is it better to visit Waldameer or the Kentucky Park with the Kentucky Rumbler? Because if I visit Dollywood its nearby...

This is the list of my MUST HAVE coasters I want to ride...

Superman - Ride of Steel

Boulder Dash

Lightning Racer

Millenium Force

Dragster

Mean Streak

Diamondback

Beast

The Voyage

I would fly into NYC or Boston, and out of Chicago, as there are a lot of parks to visit in that corridor. I personally would recommend Knoebels, Kennywood, and Indiana Beach, and after that, its up to you. Six Flags Great Adventure is the best major park in the area...

I dont think SFGAdv. ist the best Park.

Medusa und Nitro Yes.

Dark Night is only a wild mouse. KingDa Ka... after I rode Boulder Dash, I have lost interrest at these strata Coasters. My first US holiday bring me to SFGadv. ,Hershey and CP. And on this trip (KingDa Ka was down for weeks) i think Dragster was the non plus ultra ever Coaster.... but now...I would prefer Boulder Dash (or the Voyage but I dont ride the Voyage jet). And El Torro isnt the good as I expected.. its overhyped (but thats my point of view)