TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Cedar Point!

^ Millennium has always had its detractors--but they're mostly of the "it's overrated" variety. For perspective, it came in 12th in Mitch's 2008 Steel Coaster Poll (with 342 "wins" against other rides, and only 10 losses and 3 ties). Which means that it definitely has some fans out there.

It's my number one--but that makes perfect sense, since I haven't been on any of the rides that beat it. (And only one of them is in the US, so think of it this way: MF is the second best steel coaster in America! )

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do realize that there are TONS of people who like it, but everytime I have been on it, it didn't do anything for me. Yes its fast, and I got a bit of air in the back on the first drop. But thats all I got. I, personally, would rather ride Magnum, or Raptor.

It's my number one--but that makes perfect sense, since I haven't been on any of the rides that beat it.

Agreed. I have only been on Behemoth and MF out of the top twelve coasters in the poll. I still think that MF is better and would even rank Nitro higher than Behemoth. Personal opinion though...bet cause B was new, it got more love from the voters.

I have ridden both MF and Behemoth at night in the front seat and while both awesome, nothing I have ridden compares to MF in the front seat at night!

Great TR, Matthew! Hey...by the way, did you notice any signs of anything new coming in '09 (IE: construction or clearings)? Is it me, or does it seem longer than normal to announce what is new for the coming year?

I don't understand why you dislike MF? I thought it was great. Better than the over-rated Magnum Force.
I dislike MF because in my opinion everything is so spread out. The drop is not even that great. Everything that takes places over on the MF island is just in my opinion boring. I just really do not think the coaster is worth riding if I go to the park! But thats just me! I know tons of people who LOVE the ride! I just happen to not be one of them!

~Matthew

I dislike MF because in my opinion everything is so spread out. The drop is not even that great. Everything that takes places over on the MF island is just in my opinion boring. I just really do not think the coaster is worth riding if I go to the park! But thats just me! I know tons of people who LOVE the ride! I just happen to not be one of them!

-------------------

Thats exactly how I, and my wife feel, about it. We do think the drop is ok. But thats it....

^Is it me or does this post almost say the exact same thing as the guy before? Maybe thrillseeker and steelie94 are the same people, except one is 20 and the other is in his 30's! lol Very interesting!

Anyway, I find the comment "I don't even think its worth riding" to be quite extreme. I mean there are some rides like Goliath at SFMM or Mystery Mine at Dollywood, that I am not paticularly fond of but I think they are always worth a ride.

Oh'well, less people in line for MF. Sweeeeet!

^Is it me or does this post almost say the exact same thing as the guy before? Maybe thrillseeker and steelie94 are the same people, except one is 20 and the other is in his 30's! lol Very interesting!

All he did was quote him, just in his own way. When you read above the line, you are reading Matthew's thoughts. Under the line, are his own thoughts.

Nope. IP's are very different from each other.

HAHA funny, no I am a long time reader and don't post too much.

Thats funny, I really liked Mystery Mine, and Goliath is a personal fav. I guess thats proof that every opinion is different.

I'll still ride MF, when I go to the Point, just not a fav. of mine.

I Think The Need To Take It Down And Put In A B&M Flyer!!

Please no, everyone's "best" B&M flyer Tatsu is at best very "meh" in my opinion. I agree Mean Streak is garbage (looks sexy) and should be replaced, but not by a flyer, PLEASE

Great pics. Out here in Calif. we never have this. With all our parks being open all year around. With the snow you have to wait until spring and that waiting could be kinda cool.
The waiting sucks. Every time I look out the window, or drive down the road and see Dragster it is very frustrating because you want to ride the rides, but you cant... You want to be able to go to work at the park, and you cant, you want to be able to do things that you simply can not do because the park is closed. The waiting is sooo not cool!! It is a pain, but worth it in the end!!

~Matthew

Great pics. Out here in Calif. we never have this. With all our parks being open all year around. With the snow you have to wait until spring and that waiting could be kinda cool.
The waiting sucks. Every time I look out the window, or drive down the road and see Dragster it is very frustrating because you want to ride the rides, but you cant... You want to be able to go to work at the park, and you cant, you want to be able to do things that you simply can not do because the park is closed. The waiting is sooo not cool!! It is a pain, but worth it in the end!!

~Matthew

Oh I'm sure but the anticipation then the pay off....... I know we have it good out here. Disneyland, Knott's, SFMM all within a short distance of each other. Maybe I would just love to see snow.

It is always interesting to see a park in the off season and in the wintertime. As for a picture of those coaster trains just sitting in the hotel parking lot and covered with snow : "THAT IS NO WAY TO TREAT COASTER CARS LIKE THAT!!!" Those poor coaster cars should have been stored inside a shed or at least covered up to protect itself from the harsh elements.

"You know, I've never imagined that parks would take its coaster cars off the tracks during the off season"

Oh yes, they do that for maintenance reasons, although I cannot understand why they were sitting in the hotel parking lot. Maybe they were being spruced up on a clear day, then the snow came and the trains had to be lefted there until the snow goes away? I don't care as long as those coaster cars are back on the coaster track by the time I get to Cedar Point this summer.

Please no, everyone's "best" B&M flyer Tatsu is at best very "meh" in my opinion. I agree Mean Streak is garbage (looks sexy) and should be replaced, but not by a flyer, PLEASE

Cedar Point has previously announced that they will never add a flyer to their coaster collection. Personally, I believe a coaster from The Gravity Group would serve as a much better replacement.

Cedar Point has previously announced that they will never add a flyer to their coaster collection. Personally, I believe a coaster from The Gravity Group would serve as a much better replacement.
Well I know that they will never build a Flyer, but it was better than saying the need a Deja Vu clone!! Although a Gravity Group coaster would be amazing!!

~Matthew

Bye Bye Mean Streak

^^

A Gravity Group woodie would be absolutely amazing to see at CP, but if anything I see a GCI woodie coming in there due to Renegade, Prowler, and the supposed "GCI rehab" of Mean Streak that was rumored at the end of the season.

::sigh:: At least I only have a two hour drive from a Gravity Group woodie in RF II

If I remember right, Dick Kinzel said that he would never put a flyer in. Once he retires, who knows what could happen.

Instead of posting a new topic, I thought I would just stick this in here...

I recently took a trip to Sandusky and took a couple of shots at Battery Park. I stitched a series of shots together to get a nice panoramic photo from across the lake. Here is a nice wintry scene to add to the off-season blues! Enjoy!

A large view and be seen here at Flickr.com

Cedar Point Winter Panoramic

cppana_winter_web.jpg.e3391f0f87a870bc6117517c00232551.jpg

Panoramic from Battery Park January, 31st 2009

^ Awesome. Thanks.

I don't find B&M's flyer restraints uncomfortable. But I will say that I don't find flyers very coaster-like.

Cedar Point's not really my kind of park. But I like that the folks in charge add things based on what they actually want to ride, rather than just putting things in to attract some imagined demographic.