TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Yo Gabba Gabba!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how long it took to come up with a song about liking fish? Does this remind anyone of some kind of weird Japanese kids show? Furry hats, a guy in an orange jumpsuit that carries around toys in a transformable boom box, singing about fish? That screams Japanese doesn't it?

My kids love this show. At first you think it's retarded, but then it sucks you in. The songs are quite catchy and actually very intricate musically. I am quite sure that I'll never be able to get "Party in my Tummy" and "Hugs are Fun" out of my head...ever.

^That's exactly what we thought too!

At first I couldn't believe how stupid and pointless the show was and I hated it...then after watching the same episode like 5 times since KT loved it so much I started to 'get' it. Now I sing the songs all the time and love it!

My niece got me into this show (she loves foofa). I love how it teaches kids cool lessons like, "be nice to animals" or "don't be afraid to try new things once in a while". Most kids shows like this tend to be focused on letters, numbers & whatnot.

Plus the "Hello, Goodbye" song just totally rocks!

Ahh...I didn't realize ex-Devo members were involved in this...makes more sense now. My 4-year old is a fan, and I have a feeling our 8-month old's first words will be either yo, or gabba!

Our TiVo is full of episodes this and the Imagination Movers...not much room left for my Top Chef...

My niece got me into this show (she loves foofa). I love how it teaches kids cool lessons like, "be nice to animals" or "don't be afraid to try new things once in a while". Most kids shows like this tend to be focused on letters, numbers & whatnot.

After reading some of the posts in here, is that really such a bad thing though?

I'm going to call it out... um, who is Ms. Thang?

1st thought was Raj of 'What's Happening!'

2nd thought was "more cowbell"

3rd thought was...has David Byrne ever been involved with this show, or done any music for it? It would be a match made in heaven!

Great stuff!!!