98 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win Superbowl?

• Steelers
    • Cardinafluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today in honor of THE SIX PACK I wore my throwback Troy Polamalu jersey and I can't even explain how much sh!t I got from people. Everyone says the refs were paid by the Steelers yet I only saw about two times where it should have been questionable. And it was the Cards fault for not reviewing the fumble/incomplete pass at the end not the refs. And it did look like a forward pass but the Cards should have reviewed it. Also, all of the touchdowns were legit, none of them can be questioned.

--Chris

^ I watched some replays on the internet today, and Im pretty sure it actually WAS a fumble. If you look closely, the ball comes out of Kurt's hand just before he moves his arm forward, but Kurt continues to move his arm as if the ball was still in his hand. Due to most of the tv camera angles, however, it looks as if the ball comes out as his arm moves forward

The game wasn't really poorly officiated as much as it was maybe a bit over-officiated. We can all Monday-morning-quarterback it to death, but no blown call determined the outcome of the game and the replay system worked as intended.

Today in honor of THE SIX PACK I wore my throwback Troy Polamalu jersey and I can't even explain how much sh!t I got from people. Everyone says the refs were paid by the Steelers yet I only saw about two times where it should have been questionable. And it was the Cards fault for not reviewing the fumble/incomplete pass at the end not the refs. And it did look like a forward pass but the Cards should have reviewed it. Also, all of the touchdowns were legit, none of them can be questioned.

--Chris

In the last two minutes of the game only the booth can call for a replay.

There is absolutely no reason why a play so critical should not have at least gone under a full review. Even Al Michaels was saying that it is a no brainer for it to be reviewed. The outcome may have been the same, but at least there would have been no doubt. The angles they showed on TV were far from obvious, but what's done is done.

^Thats right, I agree with Al Michaels and everyone else that a play of that magnitude in a game of that size should have without a doubt been challenged. Cardinals cannot throw the red flag within the two minute warning, but regardless I think it was a mistake by the officiating crew to at least not look at it. But then again, has this not been the season of poor officiating? ie) denver v sd.

It's Super Bowl XL all over again with the Seattle crybabies. Honestly, if the Cardinals knew, 100% for a fact that they were getting "screwed over" with penalties, wouldn't that motivate them even more to stop the Steelers on the final drive? Hell, I know if it were me, I would be fired up as hell to stop them, PROVING that those calls didn't mean jack sh**. But they failed to do so.

^ Oh please. You know that you would be crying if your team "got screwed".

I don't think anyone got screwed. I think the game was a little choppy. Both sides had penalties that were called rightly, and some that were close. I do think the Dansby roughing the passer could have been done without, but I wasn't a ref on the field looking at it at full speed. It is tough down there on the field. I think the best team won, and the game was pretty fairly called. Each team was a little sloppy, and not composed at times.

I think they did us all a disservice by not reviewing the play immediately, but the NFL says the booth official didn't think it was even questionable, so obviously it wouldn't have been overturned, no matter how iffy it was. If they had taken a longer look we wouldn't be hearing this crap.

^ Oh please. You know that you would be crying if your team "got screwed".

It's just football, I laugh at anyone who whines and complains over it. It's sad really. I'd congratulate the Cards for doing such a great job. If they could have beaten the Steelers, they would have definitely deserved it. I would have then worn my Larry Fitzgerald jersey with great pride. Nice try.

It is just football yet you challenge anyone in their knowledge of the game, put them down when they say something that you don't agree with, and you believe that a yellow towel has magical powers......

I don't need this, all that needed to be discussed about the game has been discussed. I'm done posting in this thread.