98 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win Superbowl?

• Steelers
    • Cardinafluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cardinals have been strong the past 3 weeks, but my pick goes to the Steelers in this one.

Steelers 24 - Cardinals 13

In other news it has been very interesting seeing the Super Bowl being put together. I Live in tampa and everyday on my way to class i pass the stadium and everyday there is something new set up. I'm planning on going to the NFL experience next friday.

The Steelers are opening as a 6-1/2 point favorite and that seems about right. I'd much prefer to see the Cardinals win, but I wouldn't bet on it. There are a lot of factors that seem to stack up in Pittsburgh's favor. The same could be said about the Eagles though, and they were sent packing. I guess we'll just have to see it play out on the field.

This entire postseason, except for the Cinderella story Cardinals, has been fairly disinteresting so far, (If not a total snooze-fest) as evidenced by TV ratings that are way off the mark from last year. I expect this Super Bowl will continue that trend.

The NFL puts out a great product for sure, but with no Northeast or West coast teams, nor the Dallas Cowboys, (Even you haters KNOW you watch them, the numbers don't lie) left in the picture, it just doesn't have the same allure that it otherwise would.

I'm SO ready for next season already.

^Only 6 1/2? I would unload on that right now. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the worst beatings in a Super Bowl in a long time. Pittsburgh's defense is just way too good. They'll get to Warner early, and if you hit him a few times, he'll start to bail out on throws. The Eagles were starting to finally do it in the second half, but somehow stopped on that drive. Pitt's defense will be relentless.

Pittsburgh 35 Zona 17

I found myself really believing that the Cardinals were going to blow that game yesterday. Even at the half, when it was 24-6, and the Eagles hadn't even begun to mount that great comeback, I really knew that they were going to get it back and going. I didn't really want to see the Eagles win, but I think it would have made a great match-up with either the Steelers or the Ravens. And, it would have capped an amazing run for a team that literally ran through the crack that was opened for them the last day of the season.

Steelers-Cardinals is a good match up, and certainly not one that anyone expected (but with the NFL, what really is expected?) You have the excellent Steelers defense against and very good, yet extremely one dimensional, Cardinals offense. And then there is the mediocre Steelers offense against a Cardinals defense that finally started to show its true self in the second half yesterday.

How can you not like the Steelers to win this game? Then again, you can't assume things. I just want to see a great game.

From Bill Simmons, following the Cards' win over Carolina:

The Biff Tannen Award for "Best Information That I Just Didn't Get In Time"

This e-mail from Richard in Islamabad, Pakistan, arrived Saturday, only I didn't read it until the second quarter of the Cards game (and we won't edit it so you get the full flavor): "I HOPE YOU GET THIS E-MAIL IN TIME. I put big money on the CARDS and you should do the same!!! I just got done reading your column and you said 'If you like the Panthers, you'd better really like them.' That is great but I just read a story where Kurt Warner was talking about his kids and said, 'My wife (Brenda) kind of put words in my mouth and told them if we won the Super Bowl, they could get a puppy.' YOU CANNOT BET AGAINST GOD AND PUPPIES. After I read the last story I put everything on the Cards. I wish I could have told you sooner but I'm in Pakistan and things move a lot slower here ... WE LOVE YOU OVER HERE."

Recent history has shown that a man and his puppy quest are virtually unstoppable.

The lesson, as always: I am HUGE in Pakistan. At least until I start making cricket picks. But let's talk about the Puppy Theory. We know it worked with Obama. We're one more Arizona victory away from it working with Warner. Could one of my legion of Pakistani diehards be onto something here? Could the NFC pick really be as simple as "Don't bet against God and puppies"? Will I be telling my kids next December that they're getting a puppy if I finish 11-0 on my 2010 playoff picks? Stay tuned.

Arizona.

The Steelers are opening as a 6-1/2 point favorite and that seems about right. I'd much prefer to see the Cardinals win, but I wouldn't bet on it. There are a lot of factors that seem to stack up in Pittsburgh's favor. The same could be said about the Eagles though, and they were sent packing. I guess we'll just have to see it play out on the field.

This entire postseason, except for the Cinderella story Cardinals, has been fairly disinteresting so far, (If not a total snooze-fest) as evidenced by TV ratings that are way off the mark from last year. I expect this Super Bowl will continue that trend.

The NFL puts out a great product for sure, but with no Northeast or West coast teams, nor the Dallas Cowboys, (Even you haters KNOW you watch them, the numbers don't lie) left in the picture, it just doesn't have the same allure that it otherwise would.

I'm SO ready for next season already.

No Northeast team? Um I think Pittsburgh, Pennsylvannia counts as Northeast. They are in the AFC North division. Oh and stop complaining that the Cowgirls choked before they could get in the Playoffs.

--Chris

The only time I watch the Cowboys is when they play the Redskins. And I would watch the Cowboys if they were in the Super Bowl, because IT IS THE SUPER BOWL! Those would be the only times I would consider watching a Cowboys game.

God and puppies eh? I guess consider Troy Polamalu satan and James Harrison a puppy killer.

^"Submitted for your approval, one guy named 'Long-Shot Larry.' He doesn't realize it just yet, but he's about to make the bet of his life, with a rather unlikely backer to cover his marker. For he's staking his life on the Detroit Lions, and his bookie's office is a little beyond downtown--in the Twilight Zone."