TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mr. Six Returns

Guest Papas

At a recent ACE event Six Flags announced Mr. Six will be returning as the companys mascot.

First thing that comes to mind when this is brought up is an article I read from Businessweek in May 2006 that read:

The campaign, which cost about $40 million, irritated Snyder, who calls Mr. Six "creepy," and frightened little children

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_19/b3983081.htm

So much for that

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard this to and I personally think it's a GREAT idea! I really liked Mr. Six and even though the company claims he "scared children" I can't think of any other campaign the company did that was as widely recognizable. I'm assuming this is the reason why he's coming back.

The original commercial with him was brilliant:

I think the "frightening children" quote was just to build up some anti-Burke management momentum, the ad campaign was clearly recongnizable. But now that theyre bringing him back its easy to make fun of that .

I always thought Mr. Six was kind of silly, but I have to admit that he's a unique character that fits in with the Six Flags brand.

Honestly, I'm not sure where they got the idea that he "scares little children."

Eric

I never saw that one either! I'm guessing from the idea of the commercial that it was shown in regions that the park actually closes for the winter, which is funny since all the footage is from SFMM!

I never liked the Asian dude from the new commercials, I liked the 'More Flags, More Fun' idea, but didn't like the presentation of it.

I remember seeing that commercial a few years ago. Definitely one of the best. I never really liked the "More flags, more fun," and the "You are here," wasn't that great either.

I think it is definitely a good move because everyone knows it is a six flags add because of the music & Mr. Six. It sticks with you a lot more.

I wonder if this means Pandemonium at SFNE will go back to Mr. Six's Pandemonium?

I hope this time around they will use him correctly. I believe part of the reason they killed that ad campaign is because they could never properly leverage the exposure their new mascot got them. Mr. Six became a pop culture icon, but it didn't translate into results for the company.

The only problem I have with bringing him back is that I relate that character to a time when the parks, and customer service was at its absolute worst. I'm not sure if that has any bearing on the GP or not, but I'm just throwing it out there. To me, the idea of bringing back anything in association with a down period of your company is not particularly a great one. But then again, Shapiro hasn't called me to discuss it yet.

The only problem I have with bringing him back is that I relate that character to a time when the parks, and customer service was at its absolute worst. I'm not sure if that has any bearing on the GP or not, .....

That's the thing. I don't think it does. People that have interests tied to coaster websites, probably do. But I think that the GP, as a whole, don't really have a clue.

I mean, the GP know the brand as regional amusement parks. Only those who had their park sold off, or erased (Astroworld) might have an idea as to the financial status of SFI.

I for one hate "Mr. Six" (mostly for the music) but, I can easily see that he is a GREAT marketing tool for SF. Very unique, and easily identifiable.

Like Joey said, I hope they market it wisely, which will include more of the insane commercials that will keep them unique. (They probably have to keep the music too Oh well. )

JJ

When I think Six Flags Mr. Six is the first thing that pops in my mind. When Six Flags Ohio/Worlds of Adventure and Six Flags Darien Lake were still in the company that commercal was one every half hour. The song is what makes Mr. Six so great. It was on the sound track at Conneaut Lake Park and you would be surprise how many people trys to do the Mr. Six dance on the midway when it plays. Its an classic.

Now all I get is Marineland, Cedar Point and Waldameer along with Ravine Flyer 2 commercal that came out Very well.

They could also use him for public apperences like this one.