TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oakridge Amusement Park (RCT3) (year 5 download!)

Oakridge Amusement Park

A Hawthorn Parks Ltd park

(OOC: Park Guidelines READ FIRST!:

Now I know I’ve just started a park but forget about it. I thought of a whole new and fun approach to the game after reading some of KidFox’s threads at the Atari forum and how he makes sure his parks actually make money in game. Anyway the main ride form that park is in this one so we haven’t lost much. Below is stuff you need to read (unless your just going to look at the pictures then it doesn’t really matter to much) otherwise it wont make much sense and it explains why the park looks like it does at the moment.

Right this park is going to be different from most parks on the forum by actually being a park running in the actual game. Instead of it being built in Scenario Editor this is going to be built entirely with money so the park will actually have to be making in game money to develop. This I reckon will be a cool incentive to actually play the game as it was meant but being a realism freak that I am I have decided that while I can give you all accurate figures for costs and profits made for the seasons/years doing so as it says in game would be weird. Yes this B&M looking exactly like Dragon Kahn cost us only £10,000 and last year went so fast I couldn’t actually get you more than one update as when I’d managed to rename a peep David Walsh and spell it correctly were now in year 10 and considering the last update was in year 2 years were a bit screwed. So Instead these are what I’ve come up with to add a little realism

*3 years in game = 1 year for update purposes so year 4 in game will be year 2, year 7 in game will be year 3 and so on confusing I know but you’ll get it eventually.

*£1,000 in game = £250,000 for real life money purposes to avoid the above Dragon Kahn situation occurring.

So with the rules instated lets get back into character and get on with the first looks. Of course comments and critisms appreciated but please be aware in order to act on a critiscm I need the money to do so, so the rectification may take a while to come into place.

Cheers

89James89)

Update 1:

Welcome to Oakridge Amusement Park, a Hawthorn Parks Ltd park. Hawthorn Parks Ltd is a new Amusement park company ran by the successful businessman Gregory Hermin. This company will hopefully be as successful as his other company which already has several factories including one in France. The company was originally invested with £6,250,000 and of which we have managed to purchase a large plot of prime land., though this did cost us £2,500,500 and a few rides. These I will show you in a minute but first I’ll introduce myself as Harry Anning a photographer for the company and it is my aim to bring you the photos and news form the park as it hopefully becomes a successful venture as to put it bluntly at this moment it looks more like a fairground. Anyway onto the photos.

This shows the plot of land that we bought. Plenty of room for expansion.

This is the simple entrance not much money could be spent on it as we didn’t have a lot left over from purchasing the rides.

This is the entrance area. Its pretty basic and contains a first aid building and a smallish Burger Bar a Carrousel and some small gardens which yes we ran out of money to plant all the trees in. Less said about that the better.

This is one of the 4 rides in the form of a Enterprise called Sunrise. Yes it looks bare like most of the park but it’ll still draw some crowds. Well we hope it will.

This shows are last 2 rides and the main investment in for the park. The one in the background is the Spiral Slide for the young kids and the one in the foreground is our Wild Mouse rollercoaster called Wild Mouse inventive I know. This cost us £1,250,000 and had better be worth it or the bank we had to take the loan out of to pay for the entire dam thing is not going to be happy.

Anyway now you’ve seen the park and we’ve spent all our money (lets hope the staff don’t notice) I’m afraid I’ve got to get back to my work. I’ll be back later in the year though to show you some night photos, provided we raise enough money to actually afford to buy the lights (Night time in the place is going to be awkward) and maybe some on ride photo’s of Wild Mouse.

Till next time

Harry Anning

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right its Harry Anning back to let you know how were doing this year so far. Well I can happily say were doing ok. The beginning was a bit shaky as we went around £50,000 into debt and the bank sent us some rather frightening letters and the staff threatened to quit on account of not being paid but when the word got round we’ve slowly clawed our way back. Anyway that’s probably not really what you’re here for so lets get onto some pictures shall we. Luckily once the ball got rolling we made enough money to get some lights fitted around the park so the photos will be night ones and also some POV ones of Wild Mouse as I finally convinced the ride attendant to let my camera on with me (bribes anyone?, though stupidly it was Mr Hermin‘s idea, strange man that he is. I‘m sure it would have been easier to just inform the ride attendant that I was allowed but oh well his money). Quite a fun little ride as well I will say and a firm guest favourite.

This shows the Wild Mouse coaster at night. Really nice with all the lighting if you ask me.

POV of lift hill of Wild Mouse

POV of switchbacks of Wild Mouse. This woman sat next to me wouldn’t stop shouting and was really beginning to annoy me by the time we got off the ride.

POV of sharp turn of Wild Mouse.

POV of the head choppers on Wild Mouse

I personally think this picture looks really nice and shows the entrance area and Sunrise at night (not often you see that is it).

Right that’s all for now. Next time you here from me it’ll probably be to report on construction for year two and as this is a year round park it may be the end of this year or the beginning of year 2 I’m not sure yet. As to what the improvements are going to be no one really knows. I think however with the amount of complaints were receiving about the lack of a drinks outlet in the park may mean we see one of them next year as not only are the guests complaining but the cleaners are complaining about the amount of bottles they have to clean up. They don’t seem to listen to the reasoning that its their job either but oh well and as for the construction, who knows.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

(OOC: There you go. I may have one more update before tonight I’m not sure but hope you like the night pictures.

Cheers

89James89)

Replies:

AlmereStars: Thanks and yes we do have lots of room. Lets hope we make enogh to expand shall we.

-----------------------

Update 3:

Well the year has been a good and a bad one. Firstly the bad. Well during the year (around August time) the park started losing guests and therefore money. Wild mouse and Sunrise weren’t as popular as before and guests were complaining. The reasons were obvious really, the pathways were pretty much covered in trash and sick and the cleaners were to lazy or overworked to do anything about it. Now these early mistakes were sorted quickly and with the staff trained, the park clean and the ride prices dropped a little bit the crowds poured in again with a annual average of around 330 guests per day. Not too bad for our first year.

The actual profits went into refurbishing parts of the pathway with extra benches and bins and into other small projects that you’ll all be able to see in the photo’s I’ve got coming up for you. We also hired some new staff in the form of another security guard as our old one quit and a entertainer that has become the parks mascot Barry the Bear and you’ll see him in a minute. So with around 75,000 in cash available to us as we go into our second year lets see what it’ll bring but first the photo‘s.

This shows the new front of the park form the parking lot. As you can see there’s a new addition on the right hand side which is the parks new staff area and public relations office. My new workplace as well as soon as I finish moving my stuff in.

Inside the park you can see the new benches and bins in the improved entrance area. Now last time I mentioned the lack of drink outlets around the park so as you can see the Burger Bar has been extended to accommodate this flaw. You can also see Barry the Bear in this photo as well.

This is Wild Mouse again with another new drinks outlet just because management wanted to bring the guests to this area to spend money on the rollercoaster, very sneaky. While were here, here’s the rcdb data Wild Mouse.

Roller Coaster: Wild Mouse

Amusement Park: Oakridge Amusement Park (Somerset, England, EX14 7GH)

Classification: Rollercoaster

Make / Model: Mack / Wild Mouse (compact mobile)

Designer: Ing-Buro Stengel GmbH

Track Layout: Wild Mouse

Dimensions: 144’ 4” x 62’ 4”

Capacity: 1120 riders per hour

Length: 1213’ 11”

Height: 45’ 11”

Inversions: 0

Speed: 28mph

Duration: 1:50

Notes: Wild Mouse differs form standard Mack Wild Mouse. On a standard Mack Wild Mouse track there is a small dip prior to the brake run. Wild Mouse has this dip but not the two prior to it with a flat section of track in its place.

Sunrise and the park side of the staff area. It doesn’t look to bad I suppose.

Well that’s all from me.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

Replies:

raptor2011: Thanks and that is the exact reason I'm using money.

---------------------

Update 4:

Not much to update on today really. The park has mostly been saving this year and will continue this way for a couple more years according to the boss. It has however done some small work. This included the purchase of a set of trampolines as the guests were complaining that there should be something new in the park as its year two so we obliged and training of our staff to keep up a clean and friendly park. The other news is construction has commenced on a small building next to the Burger Bar. Below is a picture of this construction though unfortunately the trampolines were added after my visit so I don’t have a picture of them.

Construction photo.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

Replies:

Thelegendarymatthew: Thanks, I'm glad your liking it so much. As for the tracks onother tracks its all down to option txts. You can find mor eon this at the Atari forums. Just search it there.

Kingbooba: Thanks and its funny how people refer to the actual way we were intended to play the game as very cool lol.

joofs115: Thanks and yer I got kidna bored of snadbox play as this way I can think all my ideas through as I make the money. Then if I make a bad decision I will properly learn from it as it'll be a while till I can rectify a big problem as I'll need the money.

------------------------

Update 5:

Well here’s the opening photos of year 3 here at Oakridge Amusement park and as always I’m here with news from the park. I am pleased to announce the park made a rather large profit compared to last years, ending the year with £500,000 in our banks even after finishing up the new building we showed you last time and the purchase of a new ride.

Well not new really as it’s a used Little Dipper model rollercoaster bought from a nearby amusement park that was closing up. Its in pretty good condition and we’ve bought some new trains for it so it looks almost new and named it Roar. Anyway stats and a photo is to follow but first I’ll pass on this years plans to you all.

Well we’ve been told that all we can reveal is that depending on our profits heading towards year 4 we’ll either be adding new elements to the park or leaving it as it is as the management as a rather big plan apparently for year 5 so we will be planning on saving money for that. As to what it is though I cant say anymore so I’ll move onto the photos now.

This shows how we’ve bought and planted new vegetation between the employee paths for the entrance squares shops and the car park fence. This is to reduce the rather ugly view of the said path and I think it works fairly well.

This shows the new shop that we had construction photos for last time. Inside you’ll find park maps and umbrellas as well as postcards of the park and nearby areas. Being in England and all the umbrellas sell pretty well. Also you can see a path to the side which leads to the new rollercoaster and vegetation around the toilet blocks.

This shows the new ride in all its black and orange glory. As you can see Roar is so called because of the tiger cars and ride colours. It hasn’t seemed to get a lot of guests yet but the little ones love it. Below are the rcdb stats.

Roller Coaster: Roar

Amusement Park: Oakridge Amusement Park (Somerset, England, EX14 7GH)

Classification: Rollercoaster

Make / Model: Alan Herschell Company / Little Dipper

Category: Kiddie

Layout: Oval

Length: 280’

Height: 12’ 3

Inversions: 0

Trains: Single train with 3 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows (except the front carriage, please see notes on specialities of this coasters trains) for a total of 10 riders.

Notes: The train on this Little Dipper is unlike most of the same model as the front 2 seats are taken up by a figurehead of a tiger so giving the ride its name.

Wild Mouse again just because I wanted to take a photo of it.

Well that’s all for now. I’ll be back during the year and may actually remember to photograph the trampolines for you then.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

(OOC: I know the stats I’ve listed for Roar are different than the in game ones are going to be but I wanted the little dipper model so am listing the stats for that one anyway.

Cheers

89James89)

Update 6:

Well as I said last time not much at all has happened here at Oakridge Amusement Park. The major thing is the introduction of both a company and a park logo. This is to present the company as more professional and also to allow us to put up big signs outside the park (which I’ll show you in a minute) and also give us a eye catching advertisement possibility. This is all mean to help towards higher income over the rest of this year and the early part of next year in preparation of the major project we have planned to begin construction in year 4 and be ready for the year 5 opening as a small celebration for our 5 years of operation.

Anyway now to show you the logos. The company one is the one posted at the top of this update and although it wont be present at the top of every update it just shows you it clearly as it is a bit hard to see in the following photo which I took of the park logo.

This shows one of the two signs we have that can be seen form the road as you are driving by the park. Its not overly elaborate but does the job and the text and tree are easily read and the tree helps you to remember it. Simple but effective as they say.

Well that’s all for now. Don’t expect much for the next update either because as said earlier were saving at the moment (we have just over £1,250,000 saved at the moment but were still going to need more).

Till next time.

Harry Anning

Replies:

AlmereStars: Yes they are but I ahve them that way as I dont really take many close up of the roads and if I used the single lines when I zoomed out they'd dissapear so I reasoned these would be better.

------------------------

Update 7:

Well nothing new to report at the end of year 3 really. We’ve saved more towards are year 4 project (opening for year 5 hopefully) and have amassed around £2,500,000 so far. As to what the project is I can’t tell you still but I haven’t been told not to take any pictures for you. This means as soon as the project starts I’ll be snapping away like crazy for you so next year will probably have more updates than the usual 2 but they will all be packed full of the new project. For now however I have 2 random photos for you including the trampoline I promised to take a photo of for you but never got round to it.

This shows the trampolines and the green expanse behind it, we really need to do something with that.

This is just a nice photo of the entrance area and Wild Mouse.

So that’s all for now but get ready for this year it’s going to be big.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

Replies:

coastercrazed49: Hmm they wouldnt be barriers though due to the fact that the road isnt wide enough to need barriers as it is only a single lane either way road not a dual carriageway. I think we'll just leave it as road markings. I dont plan on taking many close up shots of the road anyways so we wont have to worry to much about it lol.

---------------------------------

Update 8:

Really exciting news for you all here and some that should get the speculations flowing. As I said before I haven’t been told not to photograph the new project, I’ve just been told to not tell you outright what it is so I did the next best thing. Here are several photos of a rather large construction site that has appeared at the rear of the park with something very interesting in it. Enjoy.

This was taken from the top of the Wild Mouse catwalk and was the best photo I could get as a indication as to how big the area actually is.

This shows the most interesting thing. What’s that on the ground?

So here we have the first big clue to what the new project is. As of yet no press realeases or anything just these photo’s but speculate away.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

• 2 weeks later...

Replies:

packfanlv: Thanks and yes it is really fun building with money and no problem about sharing it, I'm glad your enjoying it.

---------------------

Update 9:

Well this update pretty much confirms what the new project is. As of writing we are several months into the year and the project as you can see below is coming along nicely. The park during this time has also been running at a increased profit hanks to the fact that the construction is bringing in more eager park goers to see what the fuss is all about. Below are some more photos of construction.

This shows construction as it was a month into the year a week and a bit after vertical construction commenced.

This was the ride a month ago when it finally reached its full height. Guests stopped and looked around as cheers went up form all the construction workers on that day which was quite exciting to be part of. This was taken a few days after that from behind Roar.

Same time as before just from the trampolines this time instead. Looks pretty high if you ask me.

Most recent photo showing the first drop finished as well and taken from outside the park next to the road.

Well that’s all for now I think its now pretty much obvious what the new ride is but I’m still not telling you outright.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

Replies:

DBru: This should clear it up for you.

----------------

Update 9:

Well the park has finally decided to go public on the rollercoaster so I can now proudly announce Fireball to you all. In a minute I’ll tell you all the details of the ride but first here is the parks advertisement for it.

Well as most of you have probably guessed by now or will have done after reading the advertisement. This is Oakridge’s biggest investment in the form of a custom Arrow Corkscrew coaster. This will bring the small time park into the big thrills market by adding a 4 inversion coaster. These include the two loops your about to see and several other probably rather obvious other ones. This will hopefully and is planned to bring much more of Bristol’s and Exeter’s teenage and thrill seekers population to the park and increase the profits by a large margin. Add to that the fact that a new coaster is always good news and hopefully were onto a winner.

Along with this news I have some more photos for you all regarding the construction of the said ride.

Taken from Wild Mouse again showing the progress on the ride nicely and pretty nice looking double loops.

This was taken from the ground next to the trampoline a few weeks later than the previous one and shows the turn after the loops as well as the new advertisements.

This is the station building and the beginnings of the queue line. Functional and not to bad looking too boot.

Well I’ll probably be back once more before the new year with some more of the construction around the coaster so join me then. All of us here at hawthorn Amusements hope that this news ahs got you all as excited as we are and apparently someone was mentioning something about some ticket giveaway for next year as well so stay tuned for that.

Till next time

Harry Anning

Replies:

PointeBreak: Thanks and I am glad you enjoy the small park feel as that was what I was aiming for and you never know if the compnay is successful we may make a park in Australia in the future.

----------------------

Update 10:

Well it’s finally finished. Fireball is up and operational making the opening day by the skin of its teeth and we can all finally breathe a sigh of relief as no one thought we’d make it for a while. Oakridge’s new flagship ride is complete and I’ve just returned for our preview day visit to bring you some pictures of the new ride. Unfortunately I forgot to get permission to take on-ride photos so you’ll have to make do with the off-ride ones till I visit next. The opening day went very smoothly with no problems with the new ride at all and the local press and family and friends of the park attending. I didn’t manage many photo’s but I’ll get you all some more next time I visit, here are the ones I got anyway.

This shows the new skyline with Fireball dominating it from the parking lot.

The mass of inversions with my favourite being the corkscrews over the paths.

The re-coloured station which I think looks ok and the transfer section and train sheds.

Now although the photos aren’t too bad you’ll notice that the area around the new ride is devoid of even the smallest amount of beautification. This is because we’ve ran out of money making sure the coaster was ready and the bank refuses to lend us anymore than the £5,000,000 we have already taken out. This will hopefully be taken care of along with completing the path circle and the relocation of the trampolines which are as we speak in storage.

All this aside though we welcome you to visit the park this year for its 5th anniversary and enjoy a day here with us all (OOC: In the form of a download at the end of this update) and feel free to post a trip report, bearing in mind though that there are no cameras allowed on Fireball. The rest of the rides are free to be photographed as you want to and we hope you enjoy a day for all the family here.

Till next time.

Harry Anning

(OOC: Well here’s a download for you all. Anyone should be able to play it as there is no CS involved at all and all billboards have been included in the download. Please don’t take any on ride pictures of Fireball but all the rest are free to be snapped up how you like.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rz2mqimmzml

To use this download just unzip the file and the place the saved game file into your scenarios folder in your RCT3 folder then start the game and load it up as a custom game.

Cheers

89James89)