TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

false advertising

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find its 62.5 Metres or 205 feet.

Alton Towers did something similar last year with Rita. It said 0-100 in 3 secs.

You think wow 100mph but you would be wrong it 100kph (62mph).

Nick “Parks love to massage the figures for a good headline” Collins

Look at the support connections on that sign for Stealth. It looks exactly like NL when you try to connect 2 beams to the same node. I really think they used NL for that sign, lol.

Another common form of false advertising is to call every turn that is 360 degrees or more a "loop". When I hear "loop", I think "inversion". I hate when a helix is called a horizontal loop. Six Flags Over Georgia likes to call the tilted helix on Mindbender a loop.

Also, a lot of parks say that their non-vertical ride has a ###-ft. "vertical drop." They sould just say "### feet tall".

I guess the general public wouldn't care at all about these things. I feel sorry for their ignorance .

If I may, and extract from the dictionary on loop:

1. A length of line, thread, ribbon, or other thin material that is curved or doubled over making an opening.

2. The opening formed by such a doubled line.

4. Something having a shape, order, or path of motion that is circular or curved over on itself.

5. Electricity. A closed circuit.

I daresay you could use that description for a helix too. It is technically correct from Six Flags to dub the helix a loop. Is is not an inversion, however, which is where it really counts.

Orlando's Old Town has a dragster ride, said it would go to 130+mph, now they've adjusted those figures to 110mph I believe.

$30 for a 4 second ride never got me interested enough to try it. BTW, the track isn't very long so it is HARD braking and it looks painful.

Orlando's Old Town has a dragster ride, said it would go to 130+mph, now they've adjusted those figures to 110mph I believe.

I lost my little speed ticket but I think I hit 118mph, maybe 114. Either way, I did make it past 110.

$30 for a 4 second ride never got me interested enough to try it. BTW, the track isn't very long so it is HARD braking and it looks painful.

Yeah, what a f**king rip. It was fun and all, but THIRTY BUCKS?! I mean, I'll try pretty much anything once, but for $30, this ride just sucked.

-kip-

Here where I live in El Paso nobody knows anything about rides. One of Western Playland's websites said that the new Drop Zone ride they just built for the 2005 season is 90 feet tall and drops you 0 to 350mph in just seconds. It is 90 feet but it was more like 35mph.