TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

.~:The Shaft:~. Happy 4th Of July! • POV Now Released!

The download links are finally up!

Now I wish I had a really cool storyline to go along with the ride, but I don't. I promise my next ride will though! Anyway, here is the download, kindly hosted by jmainaz.

-Michael

Hello! Some of you who are members at Atari might know me. Fisherman's Ghost Mine has inspired me to do my own mine themed ride...

Here is the story that the ride will follow:

The legend of Coal Creek Mine

January 13th 1969

A Large methane explosion kills 17. Their bodies never discovered.

March 29th 1979

A lone miner wanders off towards the vacant shaft 13. Suddenly he sees the outline of a man run through a tunnel in front of him. He travels further in. Dead crows lie all over the ground. Then a beam of light shines on the miner from further in the shaft. It was a man. He was wearing an old carbide headlamp, which have been outdated since around 1970. Now the head lamps used are battery powered. Who was this man, or “thing”. Suddenly he hears faint whispering. “Fire in the hole”, “Fire in the hole”- Now the whispering has grown to a yell – “Fire in the hole!” Suddenly the whole Shaft 13 erupts into a fireball. A deafening explosion roars through the mine. The miner passes away, and Coal Creek Mine was condemned. The mine has been vacant ever since… or so they think.

Now some of the exterior:

Yes, there is a vertical drop behind that waterfall

And we'll end with one of my favorite pictures of the exterior: (underwater)

Hope you like it, please comment!

~Michael

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike...I didn't want to say this at Atari because I didn't want to hurt anyone else's feelings. But I must tell you that your ride is the best mine ride in the works on the boards. Instead of copying my ideas, you have taken Wagi's CS and the mine genre and have run with them and done your own unique idea! I certainly appreciate your creativity and the fact that you aren't just copying. Your lighting is AWESOME, by the way. Keep it up, man! I can't wait for the POV. Please don't take a year to make it like I did. LOL!!

-Derek (your biggest fan!)

^I'm going to have to agree as well. Rct3Mike has definitely put his spin on the coaster. I won't say this on Atari either, but those kids are getting out of hand with the photocopiers, especially the one that was blowing up your PM box! See what you did Derek?

Derek, you WILL be seeing those awesome ghosts of yours on my dark ride coaster, which isn't a mine ride btw. Well they may find their way underground though... it's a long road to hell!

Terry

Well, I couldn't figure out how to multi-quote on this forum so i guess I just have to do the @(Insert Name Here)

@DBru - Thank You!

@AlmereStars - Thanks! Actually, when a train is about to shoot out of the shaft, moat of the lights flicker off. Usually, it's brighter...

@Terrance - Thanks! If you're a member at Atari then I think I know who you are...

@Steffen - Thanks! And yes Fisherman was a huge inspiration for this project...

And Finally

@Fisherman - O My God *Passes out on floor* Best compliment ever - especially who it's coming from. With Ghost Mine you certainly proved that amazing work takes much time! Although I will try to take less than a year

Currently I'm working on the station building, so maybe an update saturday...

Thanks for all the amazing comments everyone!

-~Michael

• 2 weeks later...

^Thanks guys! Here's a little update for you guys

I'll start with some added details to the waterfall. If you didn't know, there's a vertical drop behind it.

At the bottom of the drop, it flies under these mill wheels and a huge water explosion is triggered.

Night view of waterfall:D

Thanks to everyone who has commented!

~Michael

• 3 weeks later...

^Thanks guys!

Alright its been a while since an update but mainly because I'm too lazy to update at Atari, Shyguy's, and here too. So here's what I've been up to:

This is at the near beginning of the queue.

It takes on a whole nother feel at night time!

Looking back the other way...

This part is sort of meant to entertain you while your in the queue. You can look closely through the planks and enjoy the scenery!

Heres a first look at the station!

Pay attention to the cave in the distance - The track looks like it leads right into it!

Oh! But it's a fake! The train drops below just after ghosts appear in the tunnel ahead. The station lights suddenly flicker violently a mysterious blue glow!

And your journey into the mines begin...

Hope you guys like what your seeing!

Please drop a comment, I've been working very hard on this.

Thanks, Michael

• 4 months later...