TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2010 TPR Trip

sclisso

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think the Australia trip will be more of a cultural trip and a quick credit run to cover our mostly sucky coasters. Maybe R & E can get them to fire up the Orphan Rocker at Katoomba - that would be an achievement, that is probably the hardest credit to get on earth.

Going on that trip to get the Orphan Rocker credit would be totally worth it. They could combine the Australia trip with a Southeast Asia trip, maybe Thailand and Malaysia. These areas aren't too far apart and combined have enough coasters to warrant a longer trip.

It was actually looking like it would open within the next four years but there were some extra issues. Phil is looking at going overseas to try and find some possible solutions. I'll see if I can find out more on what's going on and post something here... it's really not my place to divulge anything without approval & ballet would be difficult with smashed kneecaps!!! *

Regarding a cultural trip, I would rather go on something coaster/theme park-focussed. I really do think due to the scattered nature of our parks that R&E would be better off waiting a few years before even considering an Australia one. Let our attraction lineup be supplemented by a few extra developments first.

* Kidding. He's not like that. But I would still feel bad sharing anything without his say-so.

Looking at this view of Orphan Rocker is very interesting:

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-33.729745,150.30163&spn=0.001508,0.002403&z=19

It reminds me so much of The Ultimate. Where for most of the track it doesn't do that much but go straight, then all of a sudden it hits these parts of total death!

I do hope they can get it working someday...

--Robb

It was actually looking like it would open within the next four years but there were some extra issues. Phil is looking at going overseas to try and find some possible solutions. I'll see if I can find out more on what's going on and post something here... it's really not my place to divulge anything without approval & ballet would be difficult with smashed kneecaps!!! *

Regarding a cultural trip, I would rather go on something coaster/theme park-focussed. I really do think due to the scattered nature of our parks that R&E would be better off waiting a few years before even considering an Australia one. Let our attraction lineup be supplemented by a few extra developments first.

* Kidding. He's not like that. But I would still feel bad sharing anything without his say-so.

Thanks heaps for the information you've given and everyone respects where you can't divulge something without approval or because it is confidential information.

I think Phil would be surprised at how many people all over the world are seriously interested in the Orphan Rocker. It's an International Coaster Of Mystery.

And of course there is always the idea of doing "Disney Around the World."

--Robb

Awesome. Im so up for that, Infact, Im already waiting patiently at the airport Do you think the idea could become a reality?

I think what will happen is that we will send out an email about it trying to find out who is realistically interested.

This will be an expensive trip, but if you're a Disney fan is will be the ultimate "DisneyGasm" as we will spend a good amount of time at each park, most likely stay at some of the nicer resort hotels, and we've even talked about capping it off with a Disney Cruise!

I think we've estimated that this trip could be no shorter than 17 days and would probably be between $5k - $6.

So it's really up to how many people we could get who could afford that kind of trip and take that time off.

--Robb

^You'd do well to read the trip FAQ section, that will answer a lot of your questions.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39067

Q: If I live local to some parks, can I join you guys for just one park during a TPR trip?

A: This is a tough question. Of course you are allowed to come and meet up with us for a day here or there...BUT... Something we've noticed is that a lot of times this causes problems or awkwardness. Remember that these trips are a lot like "Summer Camp". Everyone has their friends, new and old, many people are already in their little groups, etc.

Then if you show up all of a sudden, it's hard to fit in with the group. Especially if you're meeting up with us once the park is open, after we've had some ERT and the group has already split into tons of tiny groups.

Keep in mind, unless we open an event day to other TPR members, you cannot join us for group meals or ERT or any other perks.

Also, if you think that meeting up with us for a few hours means you'll spend all that time with Robb and Elissa, remember we're doing stuff with the parks, helping our participants with stuff, and going at Baby speed with Kristen so it's not always possible for the two of us to hang out with people.

Another thing to remember, is that when we are on a TPR trip, it's "our vacation" also. And as much as we enjoy meeting members from the site, we have our group of friends and family that we are hanging out with too.

I think the only way we really reccomend meeting up with the group for a day is if you are already friends with someone on the trip and you want to hang out with them or if you bring a friend with you. Trying to join the group for a TPR trip day, unless it's an official TPR Meet, is not something we really encourage anymore.

(Still working on getting that info, everyone, and you're welcome downunder)

For the Disney tour, would the itinerary include any non-Disney parks - or at least, IOA/USO for the credit run? - or just be pure Disney?

And is that 17 days cruise included or not? Would the cruise be an optional add-on to that 5K-7K cost?

^ We would not "officially" include any non-Disney parks because then that trip could easily spiral into FOREVER if we did that!

But if we had, let's say, 4 or 5 days at Walt Disney World, and some people wanted to make a side trip out to Universal, or if we were at Tokyo Disney for 3 or 4 days and some people wanted to make a side trip out to some of the Tokyo area parks, that would be fine, and we would even help people make those arrangements, but it wouldn't be "included" in the trip.

And the 17 day estimate does not include the cruise. I think the schedule would look something like this:

Day 1 - Arrival

Day 2 & 3 - Disneyland California Resort

Day 4 - Travel Day & time in Tokyo

Day 5, 6, 7, 8 - Tokyo Disney Resort

Day 9 - Travel Day & time in Hong Kong

Day 10, 11 - Hong Kong Disney

Day 12 - Travel Day & time in Paris

Day 13, 14 - Disneyland Paris Resort

Day 15 - Travel Day & Check into Walt Disney World

Day 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 - Walt Disney World

Extra days 21, 22, 23, 24 - Disney Cruise

Wow! See how that already packs in nearly a MONTH just doing Disney?

We could *probably* shave a day or two off there going to a park on the travel day, but if we wanted this trip to be more "relaxing" which I kind of see Disney as being less "rush, rush, rush" and more resort-ish, I think you'd want to do it this way.

And if you're already taking 17 days for a crazy round-the-world Disney trip, what's a couple more days to ensure your trip is at least a bit easier?

--Robb

That sounds really cool but also maybe a little like a "waste" in a way. Just to go to all those parks (and parts) of the world and only do Disney Parks. But then again, it is more of a "relax" or "real" vacation instead of a rush-rush-cush-CREDITS!-CREDITS!-CREDITS! Trip (of course you could make it that way ) Plus you'd still get on some nice coasters and rides. I think a lot of people would be interested.

So what are the thoughts on the UK trip? I'm interested in visiting parks out of the U.S., but I also wanted to see some of those really screwed up parks in parts of Europe because the trip reports look like so much fun! Would there be a mainland Europe add-on, kind of like a few years ago? Or does the UK have it's own share of weird parks?

^I believe in the trip chat a couple months ago, Robb mentioned the UK trip would probably have a Europe add-on. Am I right, Robb? And if so, any idea on where you'd be stopping by for that? Or will that come at a later stage in the planning process? As long as I will be able to attend a trip, some of those mainland rides could be the deciding factor over Mid-America, if both trips end up happening.

I think it's awesome that you're letting us know about what is on the horizon, especially from the perspective of a poor college kid who needs incentive to save for something big!

Yeah, I kinda remember that too, so it was just floating around in my mind. I’m really interested in Europe. I would have signed up for Scandinavia if I had more cash, for now I’m satisfied with West Coast. However I am looking forward to the future when I have more money of my own.

So if there was a Mainland Europe add on, would it include Holiday Park, and other parks around Germany, or would it be more, Spain/France oriented