TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2010 TPR Trip

sclisso

Hey Robb, do you have any idea of where you might plan trips to next year in 2010? I'm graduating in June of 2010 so I thought it would be awesome to have a summer of trips and fun before college including one of those trips with TPR. Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been looking into several options for 2010. These include, but are by no means definate:

- Return to UK

- Australia

- Oktoberfest

- Mid-America USA

- Some smaller USA trips like Pac Northwest and the North East USA/Canada

And of course there is always the idea of doing "Disney Around the World."

--Robb

We have been looking into several options for 2010. These include, but are by no means definate:

- Return to UK

- Australia

- Oktoberfest

- Mid-America USA

- Some smaller USA trips like Pac Northwest and the North East USA/Canada

And of course there is always the idea of doing "Disney Around the World."

--Robb

I'm already planning to go on the UK trip since I'm not doing a trip this year.

As for the mid-America and smaller US trips, are you planning to include Colorado's parks in Denver?

As for the mid-America and smaller US trips, are you planning to include Colorado's parks in Denver?

No, that's a little too far west.

I'm thinking the "Mid America Trip" would be flying in/out of Chicago and doing a circle that would include:

- Indiana Beach

- Holiday World

- Six Flags St. Louis

- Silver Dollar City

- Worlds of Fun

- Adventureland

- Arnold's Park

- Valley Fair

- Mall of America

- Wisconsin Dells

- SFGAm

That's already a good 10 day trip at least with some awesome parks!

--Robb

I'm thinking the "Mid America Trip" would be flying in/out of Chicago and doing a circle that would include:

- Indiana Beach

- Holiday World

- Six Flags St. Louis

- Silver Dollar City

- Worlds of Fun

- Adventureland

- Arnold's Park

- Valley Fair

- Mall of America

- Wisconsin Dells

- SFGAm

--Robb

Oh 2010 I get a third week of vacation! Perhaps I found what I will use it on.

Ooh, i would love to go on the UK trip, if i could get the money to go. I would be looking forward to Alton towers sooo much,haha. Mid-America seems fun too but like i said, it really just depends on what money i have then. Actually...you know what..i've been thinking about planning a senior trip for fifteen friends in 2010 so my money might be wrapped up in that. . Oh well, there's always 2011.

Why anybody would actually WANT to VISIT anywhere in the UK is well beyond my understanding!

Anyways, with starting university (hopefully) probably taking away all my time and money (if I had any money in the first place!), 2010 will probably [with the relief of everybody on these boards] have to be a TPR-Trip free year for me.

If I was to do one though, I'ld love to do the Oktoberfest.

If I was to do one though, I'ld love to do the Oktoberfest.

A person with your opinion on good food shouldn't go to german

As for the trip in 2010, I'm not sure, it all comes down to the exact dates and dollars.

- Indiana Beach

- Holiday World

- Six Flags St. Louis

- Silver Dollar City

- Worlds of Fun

- Adventureland

- Arnold's Park

- Valley Fair

- Mall of America

- Wisconsin Dells

- SFGAm

--Robb

Sounds like a great trip for me....Chicago is in driving distance, and I haven't been to any of those parks!! I really hope this trip happens.

As for UK, I have to agree with Mike...though I'm sure the trip will be great.

What are you thinking for North-East Robb?

Knoebels, Compounce (assuming un de-sexed Dash), SFNE, SFGAdv would be a perfect trip on their own.

Some of those parks are more "East Coast", we're talking more North East like:

- La Ronde

- Great Escape

- Canobie Lake

- Funtown/Splash town

- Closeby Credit whore stuff (Sylvan Beach, Story Land, etc)

We would probably include Compounce & SFNE if time allows (this would be a long weekend trip)

Pac Northwest would be stuff like:

- PNE Playland

- Silverwood

- Puyallup Fair

- Wild Waves Theme Park

- Enchanted Forest

We would make sure we did this trip when the fair was on or see if we could get them to open the coaters for us. Again, this would be more of a "long weekend trip" like our Texas trip this year.

--Robb

I certainly like the look of the Mid America trip, it covers places I would love to go back to like Holiday World, Indiana Beach, and Dells with some new stuff. And the departure point being a hub like Chicago is good too - at least from my point of view.

I knew there was a reason to save my money for a big 2010 trip instead of forcing a mini-trip this year...UK and Mid-America look awesome. I counted over 60 credits on M-A, and that's not even with kiddie/whore credits. Tough decision for me between those two...good thing there's still plenty of time.

Pac Northwest would be stuff like:

- PNE Playland

- Silverwood

- Puyallup Fair

- Wild Waves Theme Park

- Enchanted Forest

We would make sure we did this trip when the fair was on or see if we could get them to open the coaters for us. Again, this would be more of a "long weekend trip" like our Texas trip this year.

--Robb

Did you find a span of time where the parks would be open along with the fair? I ask since I tried to see about doing something similar one weekend in September to go to the fair and visit family, but most, if not all the other parks you have listed are either closed or on weekend only operation when the Puyallup takes place.

If you can get them to open the coasters for the trip, that may be a good plan, but then again, you loose the experience of the whole fair, which I feel is THE best fair anyone can go to, especially for Cow Chip Cookies!

-Gary T.

Did you find a span of time where the parks would be open along with the fair? I ask since I tried to see about doing something similar one weekend in September to go to the fair and visit family, but most, if not all the other parks you have listed are either closed or on weekend only operation when the Puyallup takes place.

We did a couple of years ago. Remember that September is not the only time when the woodie is open.

--Robb