TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

favourite coffee-brand/company!

gerd.muller

hy everyone!

what´s your favourite coffee company, and do you think, you can compare the american coffee to the one they serve and drink in europe?

my favourite brand is segafredo from italy and i couldn´t start the day without a hot and strong espresso in the morning!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senseo is my favorite. And for the company, it will have to be Starbucks all the way!

--James

so i really can´t understand what´s that thing about starbucks.

they´ve some coffee-shops here in germany too, but they aren´t as popular as they are in the usa or canada.

My favorite coffee is Tim Horton's coffee, but that could just be because it was EVERYWHERE back home and I miss it. Other than that, I will drink any coffee, except I HATE Starbucks! Their regular coffee tastes just totally burnt and gross to me, and I like to drink my coffee black. So I can only drink their "fancy" drinks that are way too expensive and loaded with way too much sugar and junk. Therefore I just stay away from it!

I LOVE coffee and I hope to grind it at home some day!!

Oh and I don't remember anything about the coffee I drank in Europe. It was all hotel coffee though, so I wouldn't know what it was anyway.

Other than that, I will drink any coffee, except I HATE Starbucks! Their regular coffee tastes just totally burnt and gross to me, and I like to drink my coffee black. So I can only drink their "fancy" drinks that are way too expensive and loaded with way too much sugar and junk.

...VERY WISE WORDS!!!

I don't purchase much chain coffee anymore, and tend to grind and make my own 99e% of the time. I'm a big fan of any of the JBM varieties, but my personal favorite is Hawaiian Kona Peaberry. It may seem a bit expensive, but when you add up the price of consecutive cups of coffee at Starbucks, it's not a bad deal at all.

-Sean

• 5 months later...

(Sorry about pulling up an old-ish thread)

I've sunk nearly $1,000 on espresso (my machine/grinder and a training session I took) so I take my coffee pretty seriously. IMO the very best coffee, either for home brewing or in the shop is Intelligentsia. They have three coffeebars in Chicago (near me) and two in California... these people are the best in the country. Also, they take incredible care in selecting beans... the Black Cat Espresso is amazing. You won't believe what a difference fresh roast can make.

I brew in a percolator Cuban coffee...its easy to make.

Fill the coffee holder-jammy with cuban coffee (Its in the spanish isle with a yellow label, Cafe Bucca, I think).

Fill the bottom jammy with water.

Throw in 3 heaping spoonfuls of sugar into the water, stir.

Its really freaking good...not much resemblance to coffee. But I guess thats why they added the 'cuban' part to distinguish it from the regular stuff.