TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Space Mountain Debate

Which is correct? (Answer only if you have been on Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom before)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is correct? (Answer only if you have been on Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom before)

• "In the future, messages will be sent through beams of light."
    • "In the future, messages will be sent on beams of light."
    • Not Sure

Funny thing...

Over the last four months, my girlfriend and I have been having this debate involving Space Mountain at The Magic Kingdom.

After the ride, when you are riding up the moving floor, there used to be a recording of a guy saying

"In the future, messages will be sent ________ beams of light!"

Our debate is...

I think he says "through beams of light."

She thinks it's "on beams of light."

Over the holidays, we were in Orlando and rode Space Mountain. We thought our great debate would finally be settled. Wrong! The recording is no longer played.

Please vote in the poll. We're betting $50 on it.

PLEASE BE HONEST

Also, if anyone happens to have a recording to prove who's correct, that would be amazing!

TPR.jpg.6909499906138a1ae06b0d5adf9c61ce.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate both of you. I know exactly what you're talking about, yet I'm completely stumped as to which it is. And because of this, I will now get nothing done until I know for sure. Problem is, I'm pretty sure I have the recording at home. Don't hold me to that, but I think I still have it....at least, for my own sanity, I hope I do.

Thankfully, I don't have $50 riding on it though.

You might want to ask the people on MiceChat. They are far more nerdy on Disney stuff than we are.

FIXED!

Seriously, Terry is right. Get her some flowers, maybe a nice spa treatment, tell her whatever she says it right, then get a recording of the spiel and play it during the next time you have sex.

I guarantee it will be the best night of your life!

--Robb

^^ LMAO

Reminds me of when me and my girlfriend were arguing if the rolling ball at Indy is "real" or not. She insisted it was a hologram or a projection and I had always thought it was an actual physical object. On my first day of training for a position at IJA, I confirmed it but it just landed me in the doghouse.

FYI...for those who want to know...

This is more of a running joke arguement we've had for a while. We really do want to know the real answer. I figured there's no better place than here to find out.

Ok, let's take it from the gay man that wives end up confiding to...

She only wants to know if she's right.

She may say she really wants to know, but I'm telling you: She only wants to know if she's right!

Don't learn the hard way.

If she's wrong, you're in the dog house and gets "nothing". (You know what that nothing is, right?) So in review: if you're actually right, you never bring it up again or you lie and you say no one knows. Now if you happen to be at Disney again and she hears for herself, you say "Oh baby, that's what it was!" (That's after she acknowledges it... don't do it first!) And you leave it at that, not admitting that you were right... that is unless you want your day at Disney ruined. So sweep this under the rug if you know what's good for you and don't make bets with your girlfriend/wife again!

The sooner you straight men learn that, the better off you will be.

So you people that are volunteering the answer, you're not actually helping his relationship!

Terry "Have you heard the term 'Sore Winners'? Weaver

Terry does NOT speak on behalf of all us gays. I say stick up for you opinion, if you straight men give in on this and everything else, in a matter of a few short years us gays and women will RULE the free world...Is that really what you want???

Imagine a TV with only Lifetime and Bravo...No ESPN

Its actually "In the future, packages will be sent to distant worlds via beams of light." because of the prior FedEx sponsorship.

I thought only those of MiceChat were more knowledgeable than those here.

Ask and ye shall receive. Now what do you guys get if you're both wrong?

Terry does NOT speak on behalf of all us gays. I say stick up for you opinion, if you straight men give in on this and everything else, in a matter of a few short years us gays and women will RULE the free world...Is that really what you want???

Imagine a TV with only Lifetime and Bravo...No ESPN

Shane, stop telling the master plan! We'll revoke your gay card!

Oh, there will be ESPN... you'll just have Oprah as one of the commentators asking the players about their feelings! Oh I venture to say that those pats on the butt will probably last a second too long as well!

Ask and ye shall receive. Now what do you guys get if you're both wrong?

Off the hook! Now you don't have to buy or say anything! Sweep it under the rug!

Terry "If gays rule the world, Sarah Palin's scrubbing my condo floor with a toothbrush" Weaver

You might want to ask the people on MiceChat. They are far more nerdy on Disney stuff than we are.

FIXED!

You might want to ask the people on MiceChat. Everyone that posts on Disney or theme park related message boards, or any message boards at all are plenty nerdy

Fixed