TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 at Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a rental car from Alamo for the four days I will be in Cali for $40 total. They have a lot of sales going on. I also booked my flight from Little Rock on American for $179.00. I have been to WCB several times and have never been able to fly this cheap! For those that need to book air fare, American seems to be pretty cheap right now even when you consider the checked bag fee. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

We also got some of the cheapest airfare ever for this trip (of all our WCB travels).

PIT -> SNA (Orange County)

Thursday

$82 Delta

SNA (Orange County) -> PIT

Monday

$82 Southwest

// Now in search of that crazy cheap car rental

Alamo is running a deal right now for $10/day weekend rentals. Go to their web site, type your location info in, and in the field marked "I.D./Corp. I.D." type "7014691."

I won't be going out to WCB this year. I figured I better give it a year off. Besides, I'll be going to KC for opening weekend of Prowler.

If anyone is willing to share their findings on good deals on nearby hotel rooms, I'd definitely be interested to hear about them.

For what it's worth, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Simi Valley for last year's WCB. It's certainly nothing fancy, but it was clean and comfortable for $54 a night through Hotwire. If you search Hotwire for Simi Valley and a 3.5 star hotel for $54 comes up, chances are that's the hotel. I searched Hotwire again today and that same offer still shows up.

It's a little over a half hour drive to the park from there, but it's all freeway and there was very little traffic on our way to the park Sunday morning. Ideally, I would prefer to stay closer to SFMM. The primary issue with that was the rooms I was able to find in the Valencia / Santa Clarita area were almost all nearly double or triple the price of the $54 room in Simi Valley. Since we needed 2 rooms to accommodate our group, the price savings was significant.

I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone that finds a similarly priced room that's closer to the park.

It's times like this that I'm glad I live only 45 minutes away. But I wish the best to all of you coming from afar. After attending last year for the first time, it's definitely a great event and you won't regret being a part of it.

Eric

I think my problem is that I'm 21, so I can't rent a car. If I could carpool with someone else, I can probabbly fly down and join in, but otherwise it would be kind of hard for me to travel once I got to Cali.

If you are unable to get someone who can carpool with you, Hertz has a promo where they are not charging 21-24 year old drivers an upcharge. You can use promotional code 126884 when reserving your car.

Thanks for the tip. Now all I have to do is make all the arrangements and stuff...

By the way, does anyone know if the other Cali parks will be open that weekend? I want to know if it would be worth it to get my SF/CF passes processed early and hit the other parks while I'm at it.

To be perfectly honest with you, you could skip the evening ERT and you will still think you got your money's worth. I actually was satisfied after the morning ERT. Everything else (lunch, backstage tour) was icing on the cake IMHO.

I dunno man, I personally thought the night ERT was the highlight of the event! They gave us *ALL* the coasters to ourselves for what, 90 minutes? I ended up getting so many solo night rides in because the group was so spread out.

And then having the Sky Tower open at night with all the execs up there it was like having our own private party up there! That really kicked a$$.

I have no idea if they'll be able to do that same thing for us again this year but I really think that ERT session was one of the best I've ever been to. I think only our 3 hours at Liseberg where they gave us beer, hard liquor, hammers & nails to pound into Balder, marks to write our name on the wood, and a cherry picker to get photos from 90 feet up in the air is the only other ERT session that TPR has had that comes close!

--Robb

Night ERT was the best. No need for morning ERT Just give us 2-3 hours of night ERT and all coasters open and I will be a happy camper

For those of you trying to get a reasonable room I was able to get $50 (+tax) at the Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags (3 stars) via Priceline by bidding $50 for three stars in Valencia/Stevenson Ranch.

The hilton.com rate for the same night is $104 and the hotel is very close to the park (within several hundred feet of the parking lot entrance).