TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 at Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that a tour of Terminator's construction site will be included at this event. That's something I'm really looking forward to if that's the case. I also wonder if they'll at least give a hint as to what 2010 will bring? If I had to guess, I'd say something smallish, but that'd be fine because the park could use something like that.

Eric

^^In the past this would not have been a problem as WE split the groups based on people who wanted to be together, signed up together, etc. This year there's a chance SFMM might want to take part in registration and therefore I can't guarantee it at this point.

As soon as we have more information I'll let you know.

WOO! I am currently jumping in my seat with exitement for this. I have never been to the West Coast Bash before and after seeing last years update... I can't wait!

Robb or Elissa, Do you know how much It will cost yet?

Has this totally messed anyone up for the next day at school? I want to go, but because it is a school night I may not be able to. What time does it end?

Because it's a Sunday, the park closes early. Last year the event ended at 10:00 if I recall correctly. To be perfectly honest with you, you could skip the evening ERT and you will still think you got your money's worth. I actually was satisfied after the morning ERT. Everything else (lunch, backstage tour) was icing on the cake IMHO.

You tend to walk a lot more during WCB because you spend VERY little time standing in line. I was worn out by the time night ERT started.

To be perfectly honest with you, you could skip the evening ERT and you will still think you got your money's worth. I actually was satisfied after the morning ERT. Everything else (lunch, backstage tour) was icing on the cake IMHO.

I dunno man, I personally thought the night ERT was the highlight of the event! They gave us *ALL* the coasters to ourselves for what, 90 minutes? I ended up getting so many solo night rides in because the group was so spread out.

And then having the Sky Tower open at night with all the execs up there it was like having our own private party up there! That really kicked ass.

I have no idea if they'll be able to do that same thing for us again this year but I really think that ERT session was one of the best I've ever been to. I think only our 3 hours at Liseberg where they gave us beer, hard liquor, hammers & nails to pound into Balder, marks to write our name on the wood, and a cherry picker to get photos from 90 feet up in the air is the only other ERT session that TPR has had that comes close!

--Robb

To be perfectly honest with you, you could skip the evening ERT and you will still think you got your money's worth. I actually was satisfied after the morning ERT. Everything else (lunch, backstage tour) was icing on the cake IMHO.

I dunno man, I personally thought the night ERT was the highlight of the event!

I agree 100% Robb. I loved going up in the tower and taking night time pictures. I had never ridden Tatsu in complete silence. It was like gliding around the track as a bird of prey.

What I was trying to say was that I don't think that missing the night ERT should be a deal breaker for The Ghost as far as going to the event. Yeah you might miss the best part of the day but the rest of the day was pretty sweet too.

I dunno man, I personally thought the night ERT was the highlight of the event! They gave us *ALL* the coasters to ourselves for what, 90 minutes? I ended up getting so many solo night rides in because the group was so spread out.

And then having the Sky Tower open at night with all the execs up there it was like having our own private party up there! That really kicked a$$.

I have no idea if they'll be able to do that same thing for us again this year but I really think that ERT session was one of the best I've ever been to. I think only our 3 hours at Liseberg where they gave us beer, hard liquor, hammers & nails to pound into Balder, marks to write our name on the wood, and a cherry picker to get photos from 90 feet up in the air is the only other ERT session that TPR has had that comes close!

--Robb

That was my plan for last year. Do the morning ERT but head out before the night ERT. Miles convinced me to stay for just one ride of the evening ERT. Needless to say we stayed until the end of evening ERT. It was the best, not to be missed.

WCB was so fun last year that I have found myself actually flying in to attend again this year. Magic Mountain has gotten good enough to justify the price of airfare!!!!

Looking forward to seeing friends and meeting new ones this year!