TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quassy Amusement Park Discussion Thread

^Also another good point. I hate when the smart folk of TPR make excellent opposing points. It's so much easier when one smart person makes a good point against a much less intelligent person.

You must be confusing me with someone else. I'm not a smart folk.

That little hill in the 5th pic is a really good sign of airtime!

It's got airtime written all over it!

Except for the fact that it is being promoted as a family coaster, and parents today tend to freak out that children will not be safe during moments of air time.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't particularly care for the look of the Timerliners. I'm sure they'll ride smooth and wonderful but I just really don't like the look of these things on more of a "classic style" wooden roller coaster. I think they look like a steel coaster train instead of a classic wood coaster train, call me crazy but thats what I think. Kinda the same way I think the trains on Sky Rocket at Kennywood look like wooden coaster trains instead of trains for a LIM launch steel coaster. Oh well, hope the ride rocks, cause it does look really fun.

Except for the fact that it is being promoted as a family coaster, and parents today tend to freak out that children will not be safe during moments of air time.

So why does the ride have a little bunny hill straight after the first drop?

Well Gravity Group calls them airtime hills on the Facebook and they designed it, so hopefully it will have some airtime!

This looks like the perfect sized family coaster for Quassy, and I do have to say that the Timberliners look sexy! To give it the Ultimate in classic woodie feeling, I'd love to see it painted white with chaser lights along the course.

All though the Mad Mouse it is replacing was CRAZY...this looks like a better fit for the park.

David

They're removing the Mad Mouse immediately? I thought there was word they were keeping it up til the end of the season....

This looks like the perfect sized family coaster for Quassy, and I do have to say that the Timberliners look sexy! To give it the Ultimate in classic woodie feeling, I'd love to see it painted white with chaser lights along the course.

All though the Mad Mouse it is replacing was CRAZY...this looks like a better fit for the park.

David

They're removing the Mad Mouse immediately? I thought there was word they were keeping it up til the end of the season....

That is the impression that I got, but I have NO idea - not an authority here, I could (hopefully) be wrong. I loved that mouse.

I’m sure mot many people agree with me, but I like everything about this coaster except for the Timberliners. Don’t get me wrong, they look both comfortable and sexy, but they just don’t look like they fit in a classic park on a classic looking coaster. I was hoping for a train that looks similar to a Millennium Flyer, but with the new restraints. A sort of classic yet modern feel.

Other than that, I can’t wait to test out the coaster soon! Looks great (even better with tracer lights perhaps?) RIP Wild Mouse.

^Yeah, I agree the Timberliners don't look the best, but we will have to wait and see how they ride. (I am not a big fan of Millennium Flyers either, and think PTC trains have a much more "classic" feel. PTC's don't really ride the best, though.)

However, I can truly say that I have never been so excited for a kiddie woodie, or kiddie coaster for that matter. This looks like the best on a family coaster you are likely to get!