TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Expedition Everest Yeti Dead?

I was recently listening to in the loop, and they mentioned the yeti for EE has not been running for a while now. Clint said it was because the Yeti was too big and weighed too much for the pedestal is was perched on. Dews anyone know if they will save the yeti. If this is already a thread please let me know, I typed Expedition Everest Yeti in the search bar and found nothing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would they replace it with if they did kill it? I mean I really don't think they'd take out a multi-million dollar object and replace it with nothing.

an animatronic doesn't cost several millions.

I must say, in my opinion, the yeti animatronic didn't add much to the ride. A loud scream and perhaps some red eyes in the darkness would get the same reaction from me.

I was sad enough Bird-on-a-Stick never worked any of the times I rode, I'll be REALLY sad if the Yeti doesn't work when we go back this year! Personally I think the Yeti adds a lot to the ride, it certainly looks real enough when you're flying by it! Although I WOULD like to get a closer/slower view of it.

The Yeti has been stuck in "B-Show" (the figure is put in a 'scary pose' and a strobe light is flashed on it) mode since sometime in the middle of the summer. I would imagine it would take a decent length refurb to fix it if it has been down that long.

^ That was a over guessed guess. Several, thosand. But still, that's alot of money to go put in a dumpster somewhere.

Several thousand? The Yeti wasn't made by KIA.

And how can anyone say the Yeti doesn't add much to the ride? It's the whole point of the ride. Without the Yeti there's no story.

And how can anyone say the Yeti doesn't add much to the ride? It's the whole point of the ride. Without the Yeti there's no story.

I didn't say take the yeti out of the story, that would be dumb. I'm just say that the aminatronic in paticular didn't add much.

Hahaha yeah a 20 foot tall yeti animatronic didn't cost millions of dollars...suuuuuure. That thing is complex as all hell and they put a ton of R&D into it (yes, more than several thousand dollars) there's no way they'd abandon it. Like everyone said, it will be fixed.

I wouldn't think the Yeti is too heavy for the pedestal.

According to the modern marvels show on WDW...they said that the three components of EE are separate systems/structures that don't touch each other. Yeti is in a system onto itself (the coaster is anther system and the mountain is another)...and I would gather to think that they would make the pedestal sturdy enough to carry the weight.

I was recently listening to in the loop, and they mentioned the yeti for EE has not been running for a while now. Clint said it was because the Yeti was too big and weighed too much for the pedestal is was perched on. Dews anyone know if they will save the yeti. If this is already a thread please let me know, I typed Expedition Everest Yeti in the search bar and found nothing.

OMG! The Yeti is sinking!

After more thought, this kind of reminds me of the thread about Disney removing the loop from California Screamin'. It only makes sense that if Disney "hates" loops, they probably also hate Yeti.

The problem is that Disney cares about their guests too much. They had a choice, repair the yeti and have the ride down for no less than six weeks or keep the ride open and let everyone enjoy the ride nearly as much as it was intended.

Like Robb said, this is not permanent and they are working on a solution. I've also heard that there is a movement by some Cast Members to get Bird on a Stick back!!! YAAY!!!!

Yeah, the yeti will be repaired, but what about the travesty that is NO BIRD ON A STICK?!?!? This NEEDS to come back, it made the ride! And they could totally make it even cooler by having different random animals pop up "bird on a stick style" like bees, sharks, Ice Bat...the possibilities for awesomeness are endless!

dt