TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HersheyPark or SFGA or other ???

Hi everyone.

I'm a student from work and travel project from Thailand.

In this summer i will go to work in Baltimore , MD.

and i wanna seek for a themepark to travel.

I wanna ask for advise from anyone who ever go to them.

Please tell me which i should choose to go.

Thx a lot...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the nicer/bigger parks like BGE, KD, SFGAdv and Hershey a day at a time and get as much out of them as you can, only with GADV I'd advise you to go during a weekday and get there as early as humanly possible to join in the human stampede, however run though the little door in the arcade and you'll be the first to El Toro no doubt. Then you can probably ride it 6 or 7 times without waiting.

With SFA though I'd advise you to go for half a day if you have a SF season pass, or just buy a starlite ticket after 5. It's not that great a park, but you can grab a few credits, along with an awesome woodie ( Wild One) and a decent Intamin hyper.

Dorney is also a good place to do half a day because there's almost never any lines, even on weekends. If you visit Dorney I'd advise you to go on a Saturday, so that you don't have to visit other crowded parks then.

Oh yeah, i forgot. Don't waste ANY time in Hershey's Boardwalk. Even with the "Seaqule" it's still an epic concept and design failure trying to squeeze a full scale waterpark in an area barley large enough to hold an average coaster. You'll find yourself waiting for hours just to go on average water park rides. If you want water rides stay at Dorney longer and do WWK, because it has tons of slides and is free with admission, or if not go to Water Country USA at BGE.

If you want the credit though, do Roller Soaker in the morning, after Fahrenheit of course.

But don't get the wrong impression with my Boardwalk rant, Hershey is an AMAZING park, I just wouldn't spend any of my time there in a tiny, crowded, distinctly average water park. You'll enjoy yourself much more in the "real" park.

It depends on what you prefer:

If you want to experience the best and most coasters, then go to SFGAdv.

If you want an immersive theme park experience, then go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

In my opinion, HersheyPark is the most complete amusement park in the area, providing both excellent coasters and fun flat rides.

For starters,

Definitely buy a Six Flags season pass @ the America park. Its only $50 and it gets you into all the other Six Flags. Even if you only go to buy the pass and use it only at great adventure, its still worth it.

SFA has a nice waterpark included with admission. Its close to Baltimore, you can even take public transport if you need to (Marc train, then a bus). I would suggest driving though.

You will be 2.5-3 hours from SFGadv. It would be a shame not to drive up and experience Nitro/El Toro/Kingda Ka. You can skip Hershey in my opinion, especially if you're budget conscious!

Also, be sure to visit DC! The nation's capital is just a short $7 train ride away!

For starters,

Definitely buy a Six Flags season pass @ the America park. Its only $50 and it gets you into all the other Six Flags. Even if you only go to buy the pass and use it only at great adventure, its still worth it.

SFA has a nice waterpark included with admission. Its close to Baltimore, you can even take public transport if you need to (Marc train, then a bus). I would suggest driving though.

You will be 2.5-3 hours from SFGadv. It would be a shame not to drive up and experience Nitro/El Toro/Kingda Ka. You can skip Hershey in my opinion, especially if you're budget conscious!

Also, be sure to visit DC! The nation's capital is just a short $7 train ride away!

Season pass tickets ???

Can i use that for every park in SixFlags Chain and waterpark ?

everyday ? everytime ? that i wanna go in operation day ?

Thanks you very much for ur cmt...

I'm a newbie. that my first trip to USA and i'm very interest in Amusement park...

Ok...

I have visit Sixflags.com and see about ticket's information.

I know a little about it.

So...i understand season pass 2009 can be use for 15 parks and 1 waterpark.

i see a premium season pass why it's better than normal season pass ?

and what is a renewal season pass ticket ???

thx for all cmt...

If you buy a premium pass from Six Flags America, you get an extra coupon book with some random offers, like discounts to other area attractions. The renewal pass is for renewing your old pass, its the same price. But this doesn't apply to you because you would be getting a new pass.

If you buy your Six Flags season pass for $50 @ America, it will get you into every theme park in the chain for all of 2009. If the park has a water park included, like America, Kentucky Kingdom, Great Escape.... then you get into those as well. Only separate gate water parks are not included, like Hurricane Harbor next to SFGadv.

Also the regular season pass comes with its own special value book. The book will have coupons for food and merchandise @ the park, as well as coupons for you to bring a friend for free or reduced price on certain days of the year.

There is also a parking fee. If you are driving to the park, its $15 per car. You can get season parking for $45. So, if you drive to any Six Flags park 3 times, its worth adding this option. The parking pass is printed on your season pass, so it doesn't matter what car you take, you just have to be in it!

(Also, Six Flags America calls their season pass a "Play Pass" while Great Adventure calls it a "Season Pass")

Hope this helps!

A SF or CF pass would be a good idea. CF is much more expensive, and I actually like SF more (Okay, kill me) so SF might be a better idea. You could buy your pass @ SFA the closest SF park to you, then go to SFGAdv, SFKK, SFOG, SFNE, Great Escape, etc. Any SF park that's near you. Some of those are pretty far away though, so it depends if you'd be willing to travel.

If you decide to get a CF pass, you have KD, DP, Carowinds etc. Which are good parks too. Either one will get you to several good parks.

And besides those, there's also a few other great parks worth going to in the area. There's BGE, Knoebel's, and HP. Those three would be worth going to, even though you probably wouldn't have a pass to them.

Basically, whichever way you go, you'll get some good credits at good parks!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone.

I'm a student from work and travel project from Thailand.

In this summer i will go to work in Baltimore , MD.

and i wanna seek for a themepark to travel.

I wanna ask for advise from anyone who ever go to them.

Please tell me which i should choose to go.

Thx a lot...

To answer your question regarding public transportation to SFA from downtown Baltimore, there really is no easy way without lots of transfering.

You can pick up the Light Rail at the Camden Yards station (3 blocks west of the Inner Harbor) and take that to BWI Airport. From there, take the Amtrak/Marc bus to the BWI Rail Station where you can take either a Marc Train (cheaper then Amtrak but they only run Mon-Fri) or Amtrak south to D.C. From this point, I'm not 100 percent sure which station you would want to exit at. I'd say probably New Carrolton which is a large park and ride with bus stops as well or all the way into D.C to Union Station where you can either bus or cab it to the park.

Not nearly worth all of this effort. Best if you can make friends with co-workers and have them drive you if you can't rent a car and drive yourself.

Mark