TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Fast Food thread

ebl

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I had 20 Chicken McNuggets, fries, and a McFlurry.

Wait, is that bad?

Ever since they made the 20 piece chicken mcnuggets $4.99, it has been BAD for the waistline... It's basically like putting a discount crack dealer down the street from me and telling me to go at it.

It's basically like putting a discount crack dealer down the street from me and telling me to go at it.

Am I reading this wrong or are you a crackhead?

Ha! Yea, it does come off that way.

That's what I get for posting on a Sunday morning when my body feels like it's still 7am...

^^ LOL!!!

Yesterday I had 20 Chicken McNuggets, fries, and a McFlurry.

Wait, is that bad?

That's pretty...extreme. Next time you do that, you might want to read the nutrition information. Sometimes I eat a 10-piece order of McNuggets, but with a Diet Coke and nothing else.

Take a look here. You can see for yourself what you ate. Just for fun, I took a quick look and based on what you claimed you ate, you were pushing 1500 calories.

Eric

^Whoopsy-doodles.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if I eat well over healthy limits almost every day, just with different foods.

For the record: I didn't actually order all that food; I just happened to end up with some bonus items! And I just couldn't resist taking full advantage of my good fortune. The fries ended up tasting exactly like the McNuggets!

^ I just got back from having lunch with Diana at our local Johnny Rocket's. While eating, we observed the number of, um, rather large people there and got into a discussion about amount of food vs. activity. If a person is some sort of athlete, then eating a large amount of food is OK because it will be burned off. Unfortunately, most people aren't that active.

Some years back, I was at McDonald's and got an extra order of super-sized fries for some reason. I told the girl and she just said, "Don't worry about it." Had I returned them, they'd have just been thrown away, so I kept them and---not wanting to waste food---went ahead ate it all.

Once you learn to enjoy a little, you learn that a little can go a long way. Suck on a single M&M instead of wolfing down half a pack. Eat more slowly and really enjoy the taste and texture of food---you'll get full faster and not eat any more. Make two meals out of a regular restaurant meal because they tend to be large in the first place. Then you have another meal for later or the next day.

Eric

Eat more slowly and really enjoy the taste and texture of food---you'll get full faster and not eat any more.

I can not agree with you more. This is what helped me stop overeating. I was eating everything so fast that I didn't realize i was full until I was way past being full. I eat a lot slower now and eat A LOT less.

^I don't know if it's just the Johnnie Rockets in the Sacramento area or what, but their food doesn't agree with my digestive tract...

My favorite fast-food list:

1. Jack In The Box-I'm like the guy in the van trying to order 99 tacos at 4am...although with me it's usually a couple of breakfast Jacks, a 3 piece order of egg rolls, and the wedge fries drowned in cheese and bacon.

2. Carl's Jr.-The Big Breakfast Burger or the Western Bacon Combo-although I wish they'd stop trying to "improve" the fries.

3. Taco Bell-even if the beef is 63% fillers. It's cheap and filling. But they only serve Pepsi soda products (unless there's Dr. Pepper).

4. Denny's-Whoever came up with the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a genius! Three mozzarella sticks wrapped in more cheese then grilled!

5. McDonald's-With one exception, you know what you're gonna get-bland, quickly made food that''s easy to eat. The one exception-NEVER eat at any McDonalds franchise in Reno, Nevada...the people who would normally be cooks at McDonalds can get better jobs in Reno, so the people there that will actually work for the Clown are scary-I don't want my burgers cooked by a crank freak on a 3 day bender.

6. Panda Express-although their menu choices as they apply to me are pretty limited (I'm highly allergic to chicken-a few bites causes me to hurl for about three days) and there aren't any near where I live.

7. Del Taco-The 3rd Del Taco ever built was in Lancaster where I grew up, and it was THE place to hang out on weekend nights...so I still have affection for the brand, as long as I don't have to smell fish tacos.

8. Sonic-If only for the Tater tots and mixing all the different drink combos.

You'd pretty much have to buy the food and pay me to eat at Burger King, Wendy's, In & Out, or Der Weinerschnitzel...those places don't do it for me.

And I miss Bob's Big Boy (none in Northern Cal) and Foster's Freeze.

Just had a delicious 1100 calorie shake at Johnny Rocket's in Knott's at yesterdays West Coast Bash! I also had an incredibly overpriced snack at SFMM on Saturday. I think SFMM has finally caught up with Cedar Fair. I ordered a chicken strip basket with fries and a large soda, and the total came out to $16!!!!!! For the same price I could have had a buffet dinner at Mooseburger! Talk about screwed up pricing!

About to eat a simple meal from Jack-in-the-Box of 4 Crispy Chicken Strips, a fake beef but delicious taco w/no cheese, a sampler trio, and a sourdough burger! I didn't have time to go to Safeway today so I'll just make it another cheat day!

For the record, I found Five Guys to be horrendously overated.

Burger was good. Not great. And the fries were just meh.

It doesn't compare to the "boutique" hamburger restaurants that are popping up. But it's good for fast food. If nothing else, it's a place where you can feel safe about custom ordering your burger. I just assume that normal fast food places are likely to pour feces in your food if you special order.

If I get fast food, it's Chipotle. Rarely, I'll get McD's....I beat the system and get two McDoubles plain, with Mac sauce and lettuce. It's pretty much a 1.25 big mac.

I love Wendy's, and the Taco Bell Crunchwrap supreme. I eat out maybe once a week.

• 5 months later...

The new Burger King "California" Whopper Jr. is good if you like guacamole, Swiss cheese (when did Switzerland become part of California?), and BACON (YES!). Monterey Jack cheese would've seemed a more logical choice...at least in my mind. I just tried it for the first time tonight. Tasty.

My list, not in order, but love them nonetheless...

Five Guys

Smashburger

Burger King

Firehouse Subs

Arbys

Chick-Fil-A

Hardees

Culvers

Wendy's

Little Caesars (Some may disagree about this, but it probably takes 3 minutes for me to get a hot Pizza there, and that's fast food in my book)