TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Fast Food thread

ebl

...I bet it's just in Canada anyways.

Actually no, this quote was from the US office. With the photo.

I don't even expect them to do this in Canada. Until after they've

done it in the US. That's usually the way some US franchises work.

"It" debuts in the US, and then Canada (might) gets it.

I was wrong. A few days after saying that they started doing a sh!t ton of advertising for the Yumbo. Still doesn't make me want to try it.

I always forget Hardee's is Carl's Jr. and never even consider stopping at Hardees (because I hated the old Hardees).

I don't get why Carl's Jr. didn't change the name of Hardee's to Carl's Jr. when they bought that chain, especially since the old Hardee's had a really bad image (at least from what I've heard, I haven't been to a Hardee's).

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Good point there. It seems like they have benefited from the Carl's Jr. lunch/dinner menu while Carl's Jr has benefited from the Hardee's biscuit breakfast items. Since their logo is exactly the same as the Carl's Jr logo with the exception of the name, it wouldn't be too hard to change the name in the future if they wanted to have a national brand, as the logo and the food would be the same. I bet some people wouldn't even notice.

I didn't scan through the entire thread, but has anyone been to Umami Burger? Some of the funky burger offerings look REALLY good!

If we go to Vegas this spring, I may have to stop in and check this place out.

Umami Menu

Shake Shack has opened in Vegas!

This one looks pretty good too and may be another one to check out while in Vegas!

Over rated IMO. It's not bad, but for gourmet burgers in Vegas I prefer Burger Bar @ Mandalay Bay or the Double Smoked Double Bacon Burger at Pub 1842 at MGM (best burger I've ever had).

^ Good point there. It seems like they have benefited from the Carl's Jr. lunch/dinner menu while Carl's Jr has benefited from the Hardee's biscuit breakfast items. Since their logo is exactly the same as the Carl's Jr logo with the exception of the name, it wouldn't be too hard to change the name in the future if they wanted to have a national brand, as the logo and the food would be the same. I bet some people wouldn't even notice.

Hardee's breakfast items were better than their lunch and dinner offerings, except for their original biscuits and gravy, which was more like "Biscuit McVomit."

^^ I will have to remember that...the double smoked bacon burger sounds really good!

^ I have never had what I would call a decent meal at a Hardees. Granted, I think that I have only ever been in two or three (and not for breakfast), but I recall their burgers being extremely greasy and their fries were just short of awful. I think that I would rather eat at a Shoney's or Denny's then to chance a Hardees again...and that's not saying much!

Yeah, I'm hoping they're able to preserve their standards with the giant amount of expansion they're doing. The original Madison Square Park location will always be #1. I've actually been disappointed with the food a few times at the Theater District location, but in general Shake Shack produces top quality very reliably.

Denny's > Shoney's

Not by much, but still better this way.

I don't even know what Shoneys is. Maybe that's a good thing.

Yeah, I'm hoping they're able to preserve their standards with the giant amount of expansion they're doing. The original Madison Square Park location will always be #1. I've actually been disappointed with the food a few times at the Theater District location, but in general Shake Shack produces top quality very reliably.

I got to try two different Shake Shack locations on my East Coast Trip last summer: King of Prussia, PA and JFK airport. Both were good, I'm glad to see them expanding west.

I got to try two different Shake Shack locations on my East Coast Trip last summer: King of Prussia, PA and JFK airport. Both were good, I'm glad to see them expanding west.

If you ever get the chance, try the Madison Square Park location. On a nice day it's magical experience of eating outdoors, drinking a beer in the park, watching the dogs and random roller bladers. Then you get to have gelato at Eataly (right across the street) for dessert.

I didn't scan through the entire thread, but has anyone been to Umami Burger? Some of the funky burger offerings look REALLY good!

If we go to Vegas this spring, I may have to stop in and check this place out.

Umami Menu

This one looks pretty good too and may be another one to check out while in Vegas!

Over rated IMO. It's not bad, but for gourmet burgers in Vegas I prefer Burger Bar @ Mandalay Bay or the Double Smoked Double Bacon Burger at Pub 1842 at MGM (best burger I've ever had).

Have you tried Bachi Burger? My brother swears by them. I want to try a bunch of them, but if Burger Bar is better, I'll just head there.

^^Just checked out the Bachi Burger menu...oh my, some of those burgers look good, not to mention the fries!

^ That looks all sorts of wrong, but I bet it tastes awesome!

Speaking of Pizza Hut, has anyone tried any of their new pizzas? I thought the Sweet Sriracha Dynamite, Pretzel Piggy and 7 Alarm Fire all sounded interesting, but I am reluctant to try them because I'm not an overly huge fan of Pizza Hut pizza. I have to admit that the new selection of sauces, crusts and ingredients have certainly piqued my interest though!

^ That looks all sorts of wrong, but I bet it tastes awesome!

This was on the Pizza Hut menus on our TPR China Tour in 2012...But none of us wanted to

either take it on solo, or share, LOL! Don't know if they still list it on their menus, now.

And there's one for vegetarians too! V

PizzaHutCrownPizza2013.jpg.8f1c360d852d60f48f0d713c5105a926.jpg

It's called the Crown Pizza. Possibly in India. Truth!

The strangest burger I've ever had was the Bacon Mac n Cheese Burger at the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT. I'm not so sure it's the best I've ever had, but definitely the most unique.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421029913.429086.jpg.4f2416a56a9f0f3225887287b2f2dc31.jpg

The best burger place I've ever been to was White Barn in St. Louis but apparently it's closed now.

If you ever get the chance, try the Madison Square Park location. On a nice day it's magical experience of eating outdoors, drinking a beer in the park, watching the dogs and random roller bladers. Then you get to have gelato at Eataly (right across the street) for dessert.

Next trip to NYC hopefully. I never made it to Madison Square Park or Eataly.

• 1 month later...

Next trip to NYC hopefully. I never made it to Madison Square Park or Eataly.

The Madison Square Park Shake Shack temporarily closed late last year. Expected to re-open by June/July 2015.

Edited by larrygator

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to post that it was really good! I'm not a crust person, but with bacon on it, who isn't! It was pretty much as expected. Decent pizza with strips of bacon on the crust! It's a good price, so I'll be getting it again.

^Thanks for the update, Joey!

My partner really wants to try this so perhaps we will get one soon. I think as long as you get one that's fresh that it wouldn't be too bad. One that has been sitting around for a little while probably would be a total grease-fest though.

I forgot to post that it was really good! I'm not a crust person, but with bacon on it, who isn't! It was pretty much as expected. Decent pizza with strips of bacon on the crust! It's a good price, so I'll be getting it again.

Bacon can help anything--even Little Caesar's. I have to admit their pizza was a guilty pleasure of mine a long time ago, when I lived in an apartment that was within walking distance of one of their shops.