TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Fast Food thread

ebl

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do not have so many places here in Baltimore. It makes me want to travel all over so I can try all these fast food places everyone on here keeps talking about.

We don't have have:

1. In N Out

2. Fat Burger

3. Whataburer

4. Del Taco

5. Pink's Hot Dogs

6. Taco Cabana

9. Carl's Jr

10. White Castle

11. Church's Chicken

12. Jack In The Box

13. Wagamama

14. Hardee's - They are in MD just not near Baltimore

15 Long John Silver's - We have them but it would take me 20 minutes just to get to it.

16. Cosi - None close to me

17. Bojangles

18. Rally's

19. Fat Burger

20. Tim Horton's

^^^ Most of those fast food joints are more regional than national, which might be why you don't see them where you live.

Hardees is essentially Carl's Jr in East Coast form and Rally's seems to be more of a Southern thing while Northerners have Checkers.

I love Hardee's and I always eat there whenever I get fast food. It gives me that classical American food feeling, and their food is amazing. I also love Chipotle . If I'm driving in an area I'm unfamiliar with and get hungry, I usually just stop at McDonald's or Subway or something. There was also this one resturant I ate at in California called Jack In The Box, and they were amazing. I am so sad we don't have Jack In The Box in Maryland .

Their views on certain topics suck, but I REFUSE to allow politics to come between me and delicious chicken.

On the bright side, I believe they have cut ties with all the controversial charities they supported.

I love Hardee's and I always eat there whenever I get fast food. It gives me that classical American food feeling, and their food is amazing. I also love Chipotle . If I'm driving in an area I'm unfamiliar with and get hungry, I usually just stop at McDonald's or Subway or something. There was also this one resturant I ate at in California called Jack In The Box, and they were amazing. I am so sad we don't have Jack In The Box in Maryland .

I LOVE Hardee's!!!! I always stop at one on my way to Ocean City and on the way back because we do not have any in the Baltimore area.

Also when I go to a new area I will not eat at places I can get at home. I am weird like that.

Some of my favorites:

In-n-out

Whataburger

Raising Canes

Krystals

Yoshinoya (lost the one in Dallas )

Jack in the Box

Church's Fried Chicken

Five Guys

Potbellys

Tacocabana

Long John Silvers

Sonic

Freebirds

Mighty Fine Burgers

Smashburger

^

Bo-berry?

I am fine with A&W, and we have enough indie places

on our main shopping street here ("The Drive") that do

burgers (and TONS of Int.fast food) as their main item.

We even (now) have a fish & chips truck opposite

the fresh fish store, LOL!

^ They were in Washington state, so I went to them,

when I drove to Seattle and beyond.

I liked that they were one of the first franchises to

actually THEME their places! I remember docks and a

boat, "moored outside" and wood beams and portals

inside.

Very cool theming for a fast food.

^ Washington State also has Ivars and Skippers. Which are equal to Long John Silvers. In fact skippers themed exactly as you described, I think you may have the two franchises mixed up having grown up in Seattle and not remembering any Long John Silvers in the area. Man do I miss those places though.

^^ My oops.

You're probably right, since you lived there, lol.

I still thought I did see LJS at one time between

here and Seattle. I do remember Skippers, too.

And Ivars of course. Oh well.

And ^ thanks for the link, Mark.

Looks yummy indeed!

Does anyone else like Long John Silvers Chicken strips? I think they are so good! Of course, I like their fish too, so take it for what it's worth.

I LOVE Long Johns! I know it's basically the worst thing ever you could possibly eat but it's freaking delicious. In college Long Johns was our hungover Sunday lunch tradition, so good after a night of hard "studying" and the "library". There aren't any around me where I live now but there are a few in the towns I travel to for work fairly often so I get my fix in every now and then.

I don't know if they have them all over or not, but I like Pick up Stix. They're a bit pricey, but it's really good Chinese food. I also love Grain D'Or. They are owned by the greatest bakery ever, Andersen Bakery from Japan! While not nearly on the same level as the ones in Japan, they are one of the best here.