TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

List your 3 favorite beers!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Christmas Ale (Anchor)

Ted, dude... You get extra credit in my book. I don't know how much you pay for Christmas Ale in WV, but in Nor-Cal is goes for about $14.99 a six-pack. And it's brewed right in Frisco. It's worth it though. It's nice that the recipe changes ever so slightly ever year.

ohiotrip.jpg.82955ee5e3e9d51145705d3246193233.jpg

Hmm... Dortmunder Gold!

I don't know how much you pay for Christmas Ale in WV, but in Nor-Cal is goes for about $14.99 a six-pack. And it's brewed right in Frisco.

Actually, it is about the same here. I can get it in PA for around $55/case.

// Beats the hell out of shelling out $110 for 12 bottles of Chimay.

Great Lakes Brewing CO. any beer they have is great. Being a Clevelander, its nice to see others on this board like it.

Killian's Red.

But my summer time, drinking while cutting the grass, cleaning the yard, painting/building a shed or washing the car, sweating like a pig beer:

Coors Lite. It's the closest thing to water that somewhat tastes like beer.

I don't think my palatte is as refined as all of you...I can't stand normal american beers (bud, coors, etc.) but I really do like most microbrews. I prefer red's and stouts, but I can't tell the difference between the red at the Monte Carlo microbrew which I go to a lot, or the one at BJ's (chain here in SoCal. Most of the microbrews just taste the same to me!

Elissa "doesn't drink too often, maybe that's the problem!" Alvey

As a Canadian and a curler, I love my beer. Having said that, I have different tastes.

In the summer, I will usually drink Sleeman Steam, Formosa Draft or if I feel tre-chic, Kawartha's Raspberry-Wheat.

In the Winter months, you need a something with a little more meat on it bones. After a curling game, it's Wellington's Pale Ale or a Rickards Red. At Christmas time I have Sleeman's Original Stout.

The stout also goes real well with a Cuban Cohiba Espendido. Of course with a cigar that big, you need 2 stouts.

I was away on business in Akron about 18 months ago. I was introduced to the Great Lakes beers - I was very impressed.

I love the obvious Rolling Rock. Normally I don't like darker beers, but anyone from PA knows Primanti Brothers. I love their dark beer. Other then that rock green light, or mich ultra....i'm a plain girl!

Katie