TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster101 interviews Bob Montgomery of Wild Adventures

We got the chance to ask Bob Montgomery, some questions about they plan to do with Wild Adventures in the future:

LINK

How is it working with the "African" theme that you don't see in your other parks such as Dollywood? Has it been a challenge to shift gears?

Our wonderful sub-tropical location works great with the exotic African theme and it’s exciting to have such a beautiful park to work with. While it is a new environment for HFE, the opportunity to experience and work with something that isn't seen at other properties is exciting. Guests and team member alike enjoy the African Pridelands, Wild West, Australian Outback and Alapaha Preserve and we are happy to keep these areas in the park.

Several readers have noted the waterslide-like pieces shown on Coaster101. Does this mean the park will focus on the waterpark more than the theme park?

Given our southern location and long summer season, we listened to our guests and tried to deliver the park enhancements that they had requested. Splash Island is a great place to beat the heat in the summer and we know we can make it an even better experience with new rides, more shade and upgraded “comfort areas”. We are excited for our guests to see and experience the new additions to Wild Adventures Theme Park coming in 2009. Our plan for the future is to continue to listen to our guests and invest in the park accordingly.

Is this addition part of a multi-year plan?

Yes, Herschend Family Entertainment has a plan for continued growth and reinvestment in Wild Adventures Theme Park, and this year’s expansion is just the beginning.

Was this addition ever in danger of being delayed a year like other HFE projects such as Adventure Mountain?

Wild Adventures is very lucky to be able to move forward with the plans and building of the current project. This is a testament to HFE's belief in Wild Adventures and their commitment to making Wild Adventures a top destination and a great theme park.

Will the park see more hands-on activities like those that are seen at other HFE parks?

We hope to expand our interactive animal experiences and bring the animals closer to the guests.

Will the animals continue to be a large part of the park?

We will continue the animal component of the park through interactive animal experiences, Meet and Greets and animal shows and attractions.

Are there plans to bring indoor shows like those at Silver Dollar City to the park?

We do have live shows at Wild Adventures, and will continue that tradition. We are lucky that our animals provide so much “live entertainment” value and we hope to always have new ways to showcase this unique resource.

Can we expect to see any themed attractions like Mystery Mine at the park?

HFE is continually evaluating ideas and concepts to enhance the guest experience and keep the park experience fresh and compelling. This may be something we will look into for the park's future plans.

Is there any possibility of a resort hotel being added in the future?

We are happy to support the local hospitality community and currently there are two new hotels opening this spring in Valdosta. With those properties joining the many new hotels already in the area, we know our guests have a great collection of rooms at prices and styles to fit every budget and need. Currently we work with most of the hotels in the area to offer packages and multi-day options to make the most of a visit to the area.

What is your favorite animal at the park? Favorite ride?

The animals all have such different and distinct personalities. The elephants are so intelligent. Shirley, one of our oldest elephants, in her earlier years as a performer, was a water skier . Though she is approaching 60 years old, she still is a real character.

We’ve got some great rides but I think my favorite is the one we are working on now. The Wahee Cyclone will be the biggest ride in Splash Island and because each tube has 4 riders you can ride with the whole family.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very excited for the upcoming years of Wild Adventures. Being a South Georgia native, this park holds a special place in my heart and my summer. I'm glad to see it will not be neglected like it was in its final years. I do hope to see rides like Mystery Mine and Wildfire in the future. Thanks for the interview!