TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Defunct Roller Coaster Footage Needed!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's actually very good timing to ask! I have now captured most of the footage for the woodies disc and I'm about to start on the Steelies. At some point very soon I'll have a list of all the coasters that will be on this DVD and will put out a request for more footage. This will probably happe in the next week or so.

As of right now the woodies disc has some great stuff on it! Southport Cyclone, Megazeph, Myrtle Beach Hurricane, Runaway Coaster, Psyclone, Flyer Comet, Villain, Texas Cyclone, King Solomon's Mines, Sierra Tonante, Hercules, and quite a few "surprises!"

More to come soon!

--Robb

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

Roller Coasters in the RAW Vol 3 is almost here, but we do need some additional footage. If you have or know anyone that has footage of the following coasters, please let me know!

- Wacky Soap Box Racers

- Elitch's original Mr. Twister

- Texas Tornado (Morcambe, UK)

- Phantasialand's Grand Canyon Bahn

- Joyland's Roller Coaster

- Idora Park's Wildcat

- CNE Flyer

- Katapult

- Mountain Flyer

- Zingo

- Steel Phantom

- Screechin' Eagle (Americana)

- Shock Wave (SFGam)

We are looking for offride footage and complete POV's. The footage also needs to be in a high quality (looks good on a TV) and not compressed for web.

If you have good footage of any of these rides, email me ASAP at robbalvey@aol.com

Thank you!

--Robb

^ Assuming you mean the Alton Towers Corkscrew? No, sorry. I've already got about 40 coasters on the list (20 wood, 20 steel) and all of them seem to have a bit more significance than a Vekoma Corkscrew.

No offense or anything, but I just don't see an "off-the-shelf" model of a ride that you can still ride in plenty of other parks being added.

I've stuck with custom made coasters, rides of a dying breed, or rides with other unique elements. IMO, adding the Alton Towers Corkscrew would be like adding a dufunct Boomerang or SLC on the disc. IMO, I just don't see the point in it.

--Robb

EDIT: As for steel coasters, this is what I have on the list so far:

Cop Car Chase

Double Loop (Kobe)

Doulbe Loop (Geauga Lake)

Double Loop (Fuji-Q)

Flashback (SFMM)

Batman (Astroworld)

Bullet (Flamingoland)

Orochi

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

Viper (SFGadv)

High Roller (Stratosphere)

Hayabusa

XLR-8

Orient Express (Worlds of Fun)

Fujin Ragin II

WindJammer

Bobsled (Kobe)

Bobsled (Nara Dreamland)

Laser (Dorney)

Zonga

Quantum Loop

Hey everyone!

Roller Coasters in the RAW Vol 3 is almost here, but we do need some additional footage. If you have or know anyone that has footage of the following coasters, please let me know!

- Wacky Soap Box Racers

- Elitch's original Mr. Twister

- Texas Tornado (Morcambe, UK)

- Phantasialand's Grand Canyon Bahn

- Joyland's Roller Coaster

- Idora Park's Wildcat

- CNE Flyer

- Katapult

- Mountain Flyer

- Zingo

- Steel Phantom

- Screechin' Eagle (Americana)

- Shock Wave (SFGam)

- Texas Cyclone (SFAW)

We are looking for offride footage and complete POV's. The footage also needs to be in a high quality (looks good on a TV) and not compressed for web.

If you have good footage of any of these rides, email me ASAP at robbalvey@aol.com

Thank you!

--Robb

Robb,

If you do another volume I would suggest/request that you hunt down footage of the Crystal Beach Giant aka The Yellow Coaster. It was the last remaining side-friction full train coaster in North America when it closed in 1989. It was also my first "big" coaster. I found some fairly decent footage on Youtube; however I'm sure there is better footage out there somewhere. I make this suggestion because you've said you were looking for historically significant coasters and I think its side-friction status has it qualify.

The website "Coaster Photos" (URL: http://www.coasterphotos.com) has a on-ride ("point of view") video of Zingo. The quality is certaintly not DVD quality, but non the less, they have an on-ride video.

Edit: I do not know (obviously) whether you can use the footage that is hosted there. To make things absolutely clear: I did not make this video

-- Matty[/u]

sorry for the late arrival on this one.

This may not count or matter in the grand scheme of things, but I have seen footage out there of the old "Comet" roller coaster from the State Fair of Texas. It was a simple double out and back with NAD trains. The coaster was demolished years ago in the mid 80's, but the memories are still there for many.

Would this be worth doing more digging?