TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "fit" of PTC trains

So this may be hard to answer for most people, especially you thinner folk, cause it's not something you usually have to think about.

I'm wondering how the PTC trains on newer coasters like The Voyage and Ravine Flyer II are in comparison to older coasters like Mean Streak.

Here's why; I've lost 170 pounds over the last three years and was finally able to fit in roller coasters again this summer. So now I'm looking to make up for lost time! It had been since the summer of 1991 that I was last able to fit into a coaster.

It was tight getting into Mean Streak and Blue Streak at Cedar Point so I'm wondering if the trains fit exactly the same or are the trains on the newer woodies a little smaller in the hip area and the way the lap bar/seat belt fits?

Thanks for your input!

Merry Christmas to all!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi TPR readers

I suspect the width of roller coaster trains were originally determined on the basis of two average people sat side-by-side.

The addition of seat dividers in recent times has taken away the extra few centimetres, so that's probably why riders feel so cramped these days. So much for modernisation.

Simon Baynham

I seem to remember some of the newer PTC trains (Voyage, in particular) have open seat dividers. It's like a rectangle of padding with nothing in the middle, leaving a little more donkey room than the ones with solid dividers.

I have a 38" waist and a big ass and I fit on the Voyage just fine. And I thank God for that every time I think of it.

I seem to remember some of the newer PTC trains (Voyage, in particular) have open seat dividers. It's like a rectangle of padding with nothing in the middle, leaving a little more donkey room than the ones with solid dividers.

Boardwalk Bullet has this type as well.

My friend Anthony just text me the same info. I'll probably be ok especially since I plan on losing more weight before I make my first Holiday World visit this coming Memorial Day for Holiwood Nights!!

Now how about comparisons between PTC trains and Millennium Flyers?! Now that I'm back in the riding community I discovered that I pass right by Kentucky Rumbler every time I visit my sister in Tennessee. Gotta stop and ride it if I'll fit!!

MF trains to me, seem WAY more roomy than any PTC train that I have ever been on. Just watch out for the lap bar stapling you in more and more throughout the duration of the ride.

MF trains are my favorite of any of the trains out there (Of the trains that I have been on). I think they look amazing, and are very, very comfortable!

Congratulations on your weight loss, and Happy Holidays to you as well!

Maybe I'll see you at Holliwood Nights next year.