TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR TV - Soft Opening - Beta Testing - Technical Rehersal!

Is there any limit to how long or how big a video file can be uploaded? Just wondering.

I'm not exactly sure (I uploaded some pretty big files from the video forum no problems) but I'd assume you should stick to the video forum rule of under 40 megs

Dave "but I could be wrong" Wilson

Is there any limit to how long or how big a video file can be uploaded? Just wondering.

At the moment there is no limit on length or size of the video file. We may have to put a limit on, but for now we are testing it without any limits.

Is it specifically theme park/ onride videos or are you allowing or possibly allowing in the future RCT3 and No Limits videos?

There is no reason why you couldn't post game videos. We even have a section for "Random Stuff" if you want to just upload something non-coaster or park related. You'll even find a couple of episodes of Sifl & Olly there (If you don't know what this is, then you need to watch those videos!)

^ Safe idea. The only problem I had was in the middle of a upload I got a message saying "your session has expired."

Yes, the sessions problem is something I'm working on. I would suggest logging out, logging back in and then trying your upload again.

My only complaint is that some of the videos take awhile to download fully.

We are working on it...

Awesome system by the way, how yo u guys can afford to do this without any advertising amazes me.

Please keep supporting us by buying TPR DVDs, Hoodies, and T-Shirts! No, seriously...my whole philosophy about advertising is that I don't want ads on TPR for laundry detergent, or satellite TV dishes, etc, I would much rather advertise on TPR for coaster and theme park related products that you guys are interested in! And each copy of "Raw" or "Coaster Expedition" that you guys buy goes right back into TPR so we can develop features like TPR TV!

Thanks again to you all for your support. Seriously, if it wasn't for all of YOU, these things wouldn't be happening on TPR!

--Robb

Ok, I uploaded my Riddler's Revenge video just now which is about 39MB big. The quality is perfect and how I wanted it to be but the video appears to be a little laggy. Instead of the coaster going smoothly it shows up a little choppy.

As for viewing videos, it takes a while to fully load but that might be the internet connection.

Edit:

I'm going to try this feature.(picture is squished a bit)

[tprtv]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Movie_2[/tprtv]

Ok, I uploaded my Riddler's Revenge video just now which is about 39MB big. The quality is perfect and how I wanted it to be but the video appears to be a little laggy. Instead of the coaster going smoothly it shows up a little choppy.

Thanks for helping to test out these features!

Here's a question for you - have you looked at the .flv file on your computer? Is it choppy like the one that's being streamed or does it look ok?

You can download it by clicking the "Download .flv" file link.

(That's right - TPR TV will let you download both the .flv file *and* the original file that was uploaded...something you can't do on YouTube!)

--Robb

This is a very, very, good idea! My only concern was already addressed. It was about the time the videos load and buffer. Also I started watching these videos a few weeks ago before the announcement of this feature and they ran fine. Now it goes really slow for some reason. I guess it has to do with the fact that so many people/videos are on at once.

Thanks for helping to test out these features!

Here's a question for you - have you looked at the .flv file on your computer? Is it choppy like the one that's being streamed or does it look ok?

You can download it by clicking the "Download .flv" file link.

I downloaded the .flv file and I got confused because I couldn't get it to do anything. The origonal file download works. It's an exact copy of the one I uploaded and smoother than the streamed version.

I downloaded the .flv file and I got confused because I couldn't get it to do anything. The origonal file download works. It' an exact copy of the one I uploaded and smoother than the streamed version.

Do you have a .flv player? You can download one if you google "flv player"

I use Riva.

--Robb

This is a great idea that I never thought would've been pulled off. The moment I saw that update on the home page, I knew that TPR did something to make me (and everybody else) happy.

I have one problem, though. I successfully uploaded a video, but then now it won't upload any more from me. The progress bar would go to 100% on new videos I want to add, and then it'd go to my list of videos and it wouldn't be there.

I'd gladly sacrifice a bit more time for these to buffer than to have them at the crap quality of Youtube.

I've been watching the Mystery Mine video because I could compare it to the video you made available for download, and the TPRTV version is very close to the actual thing. It is a bit choppy in some parts, but overall much better than anything I'd find on Youtube. One thing I did notice on it was that the "rate the video" thing jumps around when you put the cursor over it and move from star to star. It only seems to do it on that one video (that I could find so far, anyway). Very minor thing, though.

I may also be in the minority here, but I also like the way the video does not start automatically on its own. I'm not sure I have a good reason for it, but I just like that over than the auto-start on Youtube.

Amazing feature, Robb. I finally won't have to worry about feeling impulsed to correct all the "ZOMG!!1!!!1!" messages on coaster vids and can enjoy them for all they're worth!

How can we remove videos that have been added to TPRTV if we do not wish to have them there?

There is also one video I uploaded to the forum a long time ago that has been credited to another user.

Just PM Robb, myself or any Mod and we will get it taken care of.

Why would you want a video removed anyway?

To answer your question, some of the videos I added to the videographer forum have a lot of the same repetitive footage and I'd rather just have the better ones on there. I'd like to be able to have control over that since I didn't know they would be added to the new site.

The playback looks great, and I think this will work out really well for TPR. Good stuff, by the way

• Like 1

This is a great idea that I never thought would've been pulled off. The moment I saw that update on the home page, I knew that TPR did something to make me (and everybody else) happy.

I have one problem, though. I successfully uploaded a video, but then now it won't upload any more from me. The progress bar would go to 100% on new videos I want to add, and then it'd go to my list of videos and it wouldn't be there.

It does that sometimes. Give it a few minutes to update, and then check your video list again. Sometimes it just takes a while to show up.