TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What book are you reading.

voodoobones

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just about to start reading John Le Carre's The Constant Gardener I hear good things about it, but I will let you guys know what I think when I start!

I saw the movie and thought it was amazing. Usually the books are better than the movies so it will be interesting to hear what you think.

I saw the movie and thought it was amazing. Usually the books are better than the movies so it will be interesting to hear what you think.

I have started reading the book and am currently just begging chapter 2. I am kind of lost in terms of who each character is because of the frequent and often unannounced name changes. For example, One character is introduced as say John, then a page later they are referred to as Mr.Walker. I will most likely read a Spark Notes summary of the first chapter to just get more background information and to clear things up.

Don't get me wrong, the book is good so far, and the plot seems great, I just need to get into it more and enjoy it for what its worth.

Finished Perks of Being a Wallflower today.

Go out and buy this book right now. It's probably the best book I've ever read in my life.

The writing style is pure genius, and is pulled of without a hitch. It's funny, it makes you feel good, it's just all around amazing.

I don't want to return it to the library.

Freefall, which has nothing to do with drop towers (in case anyone was wondering).

A brand new Boeing 767 is in the process of a pleasant and uneventful flight when it runs out of fuel. This is a bad thing.

I was thinking of reading it to help me with a school project, which was basically supposed to be about technology-related screwups. I couldn't read that fast, though, and used Web sites instead, because I am lazy or something. Anyway, this particular screw-up involves botched translations between Metric and Standard measurements, not an uncommon problem.

I haven't gotten to the part where they actually know they're out of fuel. I stopped at the part where an ominous alarm sounds and the pilot says "What the ----!" or something similar with the 'f' word in it.

It's quite interesting so far. It's decently well-written, although the author's writing style kind of suggests he is trying really hard to be a good writer. (I'm thinking along the lines of, "If you were really good, you wouldn't have to 'try'", that sort of thing.)

Oh, I forgot, it's a true story. If it weren't it wouldn't be half as interesting. (Why would an important plane ever run out of fuel? Truth is stranger than fiction.)

Well, after about 8 chapters into The Constant Gardener I decided that I would come back to it after reading a few shorter books to touch up my reading skills. I picked up Farenhight 451 from our gorgeous new library and am quickly moving through it. So far I am enjoying it very much! I'll get back on here in a few days and let you all know what I thought of it!

I'm about 150 pages into Sold by Patricia McCormick. It's about a girl from Nepal who is unknowingly sold into a prostitution home, and has to save up enough rupees to pay back the 20,000 which the owner paid for her.

The writing style is pretty odd, since it's written with double spaced lines, so the pages are very short. But it's very intense due to the subject matter. Very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished The Chronicles of Narnia (in order of story, not print).

I absolutely loved these books, but can't decide on a favorite, they were all just really good books. I wasn't expecting the ending at all; it was good, but still kinda sad at the same time.

Shame Disney dropped their movie deal for the rest, I would have loved to see how they do Voyage of the Dawn Treader and the rest of the stories.

I'm really hoping to find Fight Club sometime this weekend at Borders, since my school library doesn't have it.

Until then, I started Total Constant Order the other day, it's about a fourteen year old girl with OCD. Really pretty interesting, since it lets you get into the mind of someone with the disorder.

I really enjoyed all of Palahniuk's books.

I am currently reading Alice in Wonderland. Having read a few other children's books recently and finding them to be much more than what I expected/remembered, I am a little dissapointed in this story thus far.

I just finished The Chronicles of Narnia (in order of story, not print).

I absolutely loved these books, but can't decide on a favorite, they were all just really good books. I wasn't expecting the ending at all; it was good, but still kinda sad at the same time.

Shame Disney dropped their movie deal for the rest, I would have loved to see how they do Voyage of the Dawn Treader and the rest of the stories.

I found that a really interesting book, great to find out how Narnia evolved.

I would definitely recommend any novel written by Willard Price. It is a little out-of-date, but makes up for it with a lot of interesing facts, and great descriptions!

• 4 weeks later...