TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What book are you reading.

voodoobones

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ What did you think of The Stranger in particular? I had to read it for school last semester, and personally loved the exploration of ideas, but couldn't deal with the main character, despite his quirks being the entire point of the book.

Coincidentally, that's exactly how I'd describe my feelings toward Catcher in the Rye... Meh when actually reading it, exceptional when analyzing it later.

I got this from Amazon.UK a few days ago.

Starting to read it now. It has a lot of backstory and

history to Alton Towers itself, before the theme park

came into being, as it is today.

TalesFromTheTowers2013.jpg.05b69d7b65c8cd3042fee5e32efd4204.jpg

Not a lot of photos in it, but so far has started out, an interesting read.

^ What did you think of The Stranger in particular? I had to read it for school last semester, and personally loved the exploration of ideas, but couldn't deal with the main character, despite his quirks being the entire point of the book.

Coincidentally, that's exactly how I'd describe my feelings toward Catcher in the Rye... Meh when actually reading it, exceptional when analyzing it later.

It was an interesting read, but I went back and reread the second half and that was when I really started to get it and enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^The movie is excellent, but difficult to watch (for understandable reasons).

I like to read one "moldy classic" per year; this year, it's Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. There's not a lot of singing in it, strangely enough.

I just finished Signals of Distress. It wasn't bad but I did not like the ending. I want to read MaddAdam, the last if Margaret Atwood's amazing trilogy, but not sure what my book club will pick next. Hopefully I get to choose!

• 3 weeks later...

Started re-reading the Lost World. I haven't read it for a long time, and I totally forgot everything about it so it's like reading a brand new book. I forgot how incredibly different the movie is.

• 3 weeks later...