TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

Melo finally a Knick. Looks like NY gave up the house, and what's more, Denver might swing Gallinari and Felton right back to NJ. That would just sting for NY...

Really, unless during his little sitdown with NY Melo told them he would take Denver's 3/65 offer because he thought that the upcoming CBA would *really* lessen his earnings, I don't get it. Even then, if I were NY I would have called his bluff and signed him for less in the summer (because you know he wanted to be a NYK) and kept my team intact in the process.

They might just score 110 a game, but they'll be giving up 115.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No doubt. Billups is just a stopgap too, and he's an upgrade for the position. NY is crossing their fingers that the CBA resolution will allow another max or near-max contract over the summer (it won't), that being CP3 or Deron Williams. They won't be able to pull three max deals off- even Miami's clowns had to concede money. I don't think either CP3 or Williams would be fine with taking less while Amare and Melo reap their full value.

Then, after that there is the whole issue of paying 9 other guys.

The Knicks are better, but this year they won't sniff contending for it with Boston/Miami/Chicago around.

Looks like D. Williams is going to New Jersey. Favors, Devin Harris, 2 first rounders & cash for Williams. I like the move for Jersey, but considering he hasn't signed an extension and will be a FA in 2012 - they better pray they can convince him to stay of they just through away everything.

As for Mello, I think any time you have a chance to grab two of the 10 all-star starters, you have to do it. They weren't going to do anything in the Playoffs this year anyway, so if they can surround them with a decent free-agent class and a couple draft picks - they could easily content next year.

All logic says Howard is dashing for LA as soon as he can. There is something about him that has me thinking he's not like LeMelo, and he won't pull that crap. Orlando isn't New York, Chicago, LA or Miami, but it's not Oklahoma City, Detroit or Cleveland either.

Orlando is a team I wouldn't count out. They're very capable, and although they haven't quite lived up to what people thought they were going to be so far, they still have a lot of season left. I think they'll be a different team in the playoffs- that's where you thank your stars that Dwight Howard is on your side.

But I get what you're saying. In the last 30 years, only 8 different teams have won a championship. If Orlando does, it'll be a one-time thing, not an LA or Jordan-era Bulls deal.

• 1 month later...

I think the Lakers lock up the west. I see them being very aluggish to start off and getting more and more into championship form as each round comes. I think the only team that might eff them over is Boston, who is the only team with any real desire to crush L.A. Yea, other eastern teams may want to WIN, but Boston has to make a statement. It would be like the talks about when the Lakers won in 2009. Everyone was saying "yea, they won, but they didn't win it against the team they wanted to". That's not to take anything away from Orlando, but as cliche as it is, the Lakers-Celtics rivalry is storied to say the least/

Since my team, Jazz, did not make it to the finals (first time in many years), I am going to have to back a Western team. OKC or New Orleans would be fine with me, just not the Lakers (never have cared for them).

Smart money (out of the two you mentioned) would be placed on OKC. New Orleans just doesn't have a roster to make a deep run into the playoffs. Basketball is a game of size, and when your best guy is 6'3'', you're not going anywhere.

Score.

On a side note, Orlando getting put out in the first round makes me believe even more that Dwight may make a dash once he has the chance...

^Unlike the Caps, the Lakers have played well enough to be up 2-1 right now if not for the lapses in defense. So Kobe's statement is a little less far fetched than Ovie's (Caps never really played well the entire series). The blueprint for victory is there (Mav's have no answer for Kobe+Bynum), it is really just a matter of the Lakers "trusting" each other as Bynum put it on defense.

^Unlike the Caps, the Lakers have played well enough to be up 2-1 right now if not for the lapses in defense. So Kobe's statement is a little less far fetched than Ovie's (Caps never really played well the entire series). The blueprint for victory is there (Mav's have no answer for Kobe+Bynum), it is really just a matter of the Lakers "trusting" each other as Bynum put it on defense.

...and clearly they didn't trust each other much at all. On offense or defense. Yikes. I'm kind of glad I was working and didn't have to watch the game.

Dwight Howard+Gilbert Arenas for Bynum/Gasol/Fisher (who would probably be bought out and return to the Lakers) anyone?