TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

It doesn't matter who they get. They are still going to have issues matching up against the Celtics, Bulls, and Magic in the paint. Which, IMO, is going to help offset the advantage they get from their trio of all-stars. Big Z & Juwan Howard are about the best they could do, but it's still going to leave them with a nice big hole in their lineup at the 5. Ultimately, The Heat will still need to double team people down low as the only way to defend in the paint...

What they have now definitely makes them the trendy pick in the East, but I really don't think it makes them the clear favorites in the East. Not without proving anything at least. The Celtics core remains together and the Bulls look to be much better with their additions as well.

Meh...as for the Celtics, who knows if Kendrick Perkins can return to form after this injury.

The Bulls are a legit concern for all teams with Boozer and Noah.

The Magic is kinda iffy...Dwight gets flustered easy, and unless he magically gets the post game of Hakeem Olajuwon circa 1990, he's going to have no variety offensively. Assuming he's worth anything and not the second coming of Yinka Dare, Dexter Pittman would give him fits with his size alone.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't matter who they get. They are still going to have issues matching up against the Celtics, Bulls, and Magic in the paint. Which, IMO, is going to help offset the advantage they get from their trio of all-stars. Big Z & Juwan Howard are about the best they could do, but it's still going to leave them with a nice big hole in their lineup at the 5. Ultimately, The Heat will still need to double team people down low as the only way to defend in the paint...

What they have now definitely makes them the trendy pick in the East, but I really don't think it makes them the clear favorites in the East. Not without proving anything at least. The Celtics core remains together and the Bulls look to be much better with their additions as well.

I think a lot of people are underrating the rookie Pittman. He's a scrapper down low. He will give them say.. 10 solid minutes a game. That's more than enough. Z can give them 25 or so.. They can make it work. I would agree that the biggest question is "If they are tied late in a game with the Bulls how are they going to continually get stops?" What you are perhaps forgetting is that the other team is going to to have that issue at /all/ points in /every/ game. It's not a 'trendy' pick really..saying "I think the Blazers are going to win the West" is a trendy pick. Picking a team with the 1st and (arguably)2nd best players in the game and another top 15 player matched with a bunch of other former all stars and a few rookies.. Well that is just a 'safe' pick I mean they are like 2-1 right now while the Lakers are 4-1 in Vegas.

And I love Howard, but the Magic are who they are. They have no 'go to' guy. Howard will never be that guy. No matter how hard ESPN tries to.

The Bulls roster should start to get set by tomorrow, once the Orlando GM decides if he's matching the offer on Redick. It sounds like Brad Miller is coming back, and they're going to try and sign either Kurt Thomas or Ronnie Brewer. Plus the addition of Omer Asik, who I think will suck, but it's another set of fouls....

Rose proclaimed yesterday that he now has a consistent 3 point shot. If that's the case, it'll be really tough to defend him.

Remember, Shaq is still out there. While he's not "Shaq" that was a complete bad ass a few years back, he's still good for 15-20 minutes a game and a presence in the middle.

If they could get along, I'd actually be happy if he came back to the Lakers ... but we all know that's not happening.

What you are perhaps forgetting is that the other team is going to to have that issue at /all/ points in /every/ game.

I personally think too much is being made of this. All three of them are capable of 30+ points a game, but there really isn't enough time in the game for all three to maintain last years scoring averages. LeBron & Wade each accounted for 40% of their teams possessions last year!

Teams will most definitely have to "pick their poison" (no way all 3 get shut down), but opposing teams will essentially have an extra defender (without ever really having to worry about sending a double team @ the center) to help force the ball into the hands of whomever they chose to let try and beat them.

What you are perhaps forgetting is that the other team is going to to have that issue at /all/ points in /every/ game.

I personally think too much is being made of this. All three of them are capable of 30+ points a game, but there really isn't enough time in the game for all three to maintain last years scoring averages. LeBron & Wade each accounted for 40% of their teams possessions last year!

Teams will most definitely have to "pick their poison" (no way all 3 get shut down), but opposing teams will essentially have an extra defender (without ever really having to worry about sending a double team @ the center) to help force the ball into the hands of whomever they chose to let try and beat them.

This is a good point. And while everything is all lovey now, and all the talk is about winning Championships, somebody is going to eventually try and make it "his team" (LeBron) and things are going to get crazy.

Didn't Dwayne Wade come off the bench in the olympics??? Hmmmm

You know what is really the funny thing about all this? For the first five to six years of Lebrons career people were killing him for always wanting to distribute and never wanting to take the shot. Now you are all freaking out about their # of shots taken..

Playing for your country for 2 weeks (with one of the greatest college coaches of all time) is a far cry from an 82 game NBA season with a coach most people don't even know...

Right now there's equally as much potential for this to go horribly wrong as there is for this to go perfectly...

People don't know Pat Riley?

Oh wait, you must still think Eric Spolestra is gonna be the coach

I know what has been said. Don't believe the godfather. He'll be coach by the All Star Break Eric will have a 'family emergency' just like Stan did.

Well so much for the Heat bench being terrible.. Assuming the heat pick Arroyo over Dooling (both want to join, it's Heat's choice)..

1 - Chalmers/Arroyo

2 - Wade/Jones

3 - Lebron/Miller/Butler(if he makes the team)

4 - Bosh/Haslem/Juwan Howard/Magloire

5 - Big Z/Joel Anthony/Pittman/Magloire

2 Spots left!!!

Instead of people thinking the burden of proof is on those doubting whether Miami is a lock in the east, I think the burden of proof is on a team that hasn't even played one exhibition game. The Lakers have one 2 back-to-back championships, the Celtics were literally 6 minutes away from winning a title, Orlando could be a potential threat, Chicago looks like they could pull off all kind of upsets. I guess I'm going to have to agree with Jew, There's as much evidence that this group can't win as there is that they'll win. There are at least three teams within the past three years that have made it to the finals and proved they had what it takes to win. This team just has alot of stats and everyone's assuming they're a lock to win for ten straight years.

Well so much for the Heat bench being terrible.. Assuming the heat pick Arroyo over Dooling (both want to join, it's Heat's choice)..

1 - Chalmers/Arroyo

2 - Wade/Jones

3 - Lebron/Miller/Butler(if he makes the team)

4 - Bosh/Haslem/Juwan Howard/Magloire

5 - Big Z/Joel Anthony/Pittman/Magloire

2 Spots left!!!

Who on that bench offers the "pick us up when our starters blow" type of energy/skill/ability that we have seen be so important to teams in the playoffs over the last few years?

I see that as a serviceable bench, meaning they will suffice for giving the starters a few minutes rest...

Oh, and I love Kevin Durant even more now:

"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let’s go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!"

Who on the bench can be a spark when the starters all suck... Well ok.. On the nights when Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are all sucking... I believe that guys like Haslem, Miller, Howard can be sparks.. I mean this is a bench we are talking about here after all and it's a bench in the East... Compare it to some of the best benches in the league... Phx, Sa, Dallas.. It's really not that much of a dropoff.

Thought I'd mention this.. a very interesting take on the Jordan comments about BronBron.. I thought the "Charlotte Bobcats" scenario under which Jordan might have joined forces with Ewing & Barkley in NY was a great comparison.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=jackson/100720

And you'd be right to love Durant. He's our last hope With my Suns being well.. the Suns (they will never actually win a championship), I'm pinning all hope on the Thunder coming out of the West. I just can't see any other team outside of the Thunder beating LA.. in the West right now matchup wise. I'm assuming Aldrich will be starting over KrappyKristic soon..

Westbrook/Maynor

Harden/Cook

Durant/Thabo

Ibaka/Green

Aldrich/Kristic/Collison

Assets that Sam Presti will flip to someone in a totally one sided deal where the Thunder make another team's front office look silly:

BJ Mullins

Tibor Pleiss

So you can see why Durant is confident and talking about 'not leaving your team to join up with your best friends because your team sucks'.. Why the hell would anyone want to leave the team Durant's on?

• 2 weeks later...

Delonte West evidently likes sleeping with players' moms. It's hard to confirm such things, but I've heard this has happened twice before. And really, what's a better arguement ender than "I railed your mom"? ??

"You did a terrible job getting open there Delonte!"

"Yeah? Well I railed your mom last night"

or...

"Delonte it's your turn to pick up the check!"

"No Lebron, you pick up the check, or I'll tell everyone about your mom's elephant ears down 'there'"

.. it would never get old. You see why Lebron had to leave..