TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

^ Remeber how well the Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton year went too? The East is becoming a very good conference with the likes of the Celtics, Magic, and potentially, Bulls. If LeBron goes to Miami, I certainly wouldn't give them the title right off the bat considering they really wouldn't have a bench. It would just mean the Heat would be clumped in with 2 or 3 very good teams in the conference. Now, if he stays with the Cavs, that would mean there would just be another contender in the conference, which I would like to see more than Ringling Brothers stomping in to Miami.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a limit to how many prime time games a team can play, like in the NFL? If not, I imagine a loaded Heat team will be on twice a week

btw, when is the avatar bet over? Scott's avatar is beginning to creep me out more and more. Damn you Kobe.

I feel bad that Scott has had to live with Albino Pilgrim Kobe for this long. He can change it whenever he wants.

I initially thought the LBJ+DWADE+CBOSH combo would be super awesome, but everytime I think about it, I get slightly more horrified by it.

With Amar'e and Boozer going to the east and no big free agents coming out west they are essentially giving the Lakers a cake-walk into the finals. The ONLY team I can see even giving the Lakers a run for their money would be Denver (maybe), Spurs (if healthy) and Thunder.

When I heard Lebron was changing his number to #6 I assumed 'damn, he's going to Chicago, cause he knows he can't wear 23.' Now it makes sense...he can't wear 23 in Miami either. Riley retired Jordan's number there too! Bron knew he was going to South Beach MONTHS ago.

Thats only if Chalmers lets BronBron have #6.

Btw, don't underrate the Thunder in the West. They were pretty close to pushing the Lakers to 7, and they will all be a year better, and Kobe will be a year older.

Riley retired Jordan's number there too!

That is still one of the most weirdest things i have witnessed in sports. Just because your franchise has no history worth celebrating doesn't mean you retire #'s of players on other teams.

LeBron is a FA and if he wants he can play in Nicaragua for all i care, but the way he dumped Cleveland is classless. You don't even call your bosses to let them know you are leaving?

Soooooooo Dan Gilbert is I N S A N E.

I know...did you read the letter he posted? I know he was just saying what everyone in Cleveland is thinking, but really he's the owner of an NBA franchise I thought he would deal with it a little more professionally.

Here are some quotes...entire letter can be found here

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

If people are going criticize Kobe for having Shaq and Gasol help him get his titles, what's that say about LeBron?

I hope this goes terribly wrong for all of them.

I think Stuart Scott said it best: "Michael Jordan didn't run to the Pistons after they beat him. He stayed around until he could beat them."

Edited by Jew

^ Exactly.

That is still one of the most weirdest things i have witnessed in sports. Just because your franchise has no history worth celebrating doesn't mean you retire #'s of players on other teams.

Well, the NHL retired #99 (and #66 is sort of an unspoken retirement thing), #3 is pretty much retired in NASCAR, and MLB retired #42, so I've never really been opposed to the NBA, or certain teams, chosing to retiring #23.

^ Exactly.

Well, the NHL retired #99 (and #66 is sort of an unspoken retirement thing), #3 is pretty much retired in NASCAR, and MLB retired #42, so I've never really been opposed to the NBA, or certain teams, chosing to retiring #23.

I have no clue about the NHL so i won't comment but Dale Sr died in the 3 and Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier and impacted the whole sport. What did MJ do for the Heat? Probably put some more butts in the seat when the Bulls came to town, that's about it. If you are that tempted to retire a #, atleast do it for Alonzo Mourning who is probably the best player they ever had anyway.