TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2015-16 NBA Season

Not sure (other than it being NY) why anybody would want to play there. Ancient arena, not very good owners and not a whole lot of talent. Even adding somebody like LeBron wouldn't make them better than Cleveland is now.

If these players were smart and wanted to go to the NY area, they would pick the Nets. New owner, loaded pockets, new arena coming soon, etc.

I also wouldn't leave the Clippers out of any plans for free agents. They have a GREAT young nucleus ... but then again, Donald Sterling is the worst owner in sports so I wouldn't count on it.

Here is where I think people are going:

Bosh = Cleveland

Joe Johnson = NY

Amare = Nets

Boozer = Miami

Wade = Miami

Lebron = Cleveland

I think Chicago could get some other players but probably not any of the top guys.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Bosh goes to OKC, but they only have $12 million in cap. A lineup of:

Westbrook

Harden

Durant

Bosh

Ibaka/Aldrich/Collison

Would be insane. Either way, the Thunder are going to run the West...it's only a matter of when.

It's looking like it's gonna be the Evil Empire Heat vs Lovable Small Market Thunder. They don't even need Bosh. Presti will keep them well supplied with talent to supplement Durrant Westbrook & Ibaka, which will obviously be the core. And with Bosh wanting to be the guy to be 'built' around, at least in 'free agent jargon', I'm not even sure Presti would want him. (a surprising comment from Bosh, someone who I always thought to be very down to earth and not egoish)

Heat Vs Thunder.. A cliche rivalry ONLY Stern could think of.

Sam Presti is GOD. Very surprised KP got fired in Portland. Talk about a tale of two GMs..

I hope Bosh goes to OKC, but they only have $12 million in cap. A lineup of:

Westbrook

Harden

Durant

Bosh

Ibaka/Aldrich/Collison

Would be insane. Either way, the Thunder are going to run the West...it's only a matter of when.

It's looking like it's gonna be the Evil Empire Heat vs Lovable Small Market Thunder. They don't even need Bosh. Presti will keep them well supplied with talent to supplement Durrant Westbrook & Ibaka, which will obviously be the core. And with Bosh wanting to be the guy to be 'built' around, at least in 'free agent jargon', I'm not even sure Presti would want him. (a surprising comment from Bosh, someone who I always thought to be very down to earth and not egoish)

Heat Vs Thunder.. A cliche rivalry ONLY Stern could think of.

Sam Presti is GOD. Very surprised KP got fired in Portland. Talk about a tale of two GMs..

I doubt we pursue Bosh anyway, especially after tonight. They either drafted or traded for Cole Aldrich, Magnum Rolle, and some German dude, all big men. Aldrich is either going to be really good or really bad, and I don't know anything about Rolle or the German dude other than Rolle was highly touted in high school and transferred from LSU.

I agree with all of you, OKC is going to be one of the teams to beat in the West for a few years. They have a GREAT young team and really gave the Lakers a scare more than anybody else in the West did.

Even as a Lakers fan, I have to admit I'm a HUGE Kevin Durant fan.

The problem with the small market teams is that it's REALLY hard for them to keep players when their contract is up. But ... if they are winning, that changes everything.

I agree with all of you, OKC is going to be one of the teams to beat in the West for a few years. They have a GREAT young team and really gave the Lakers a scare more than anybody else in the West did.

The problem with the small market teams is that it's REALLY hard for them to keep players when their contract is up. But ... if they are winning, that changes everything.

I believe Durrant wants to get an extension done early. That is very very good news for the OKC franchise. It will also set an awesome precedent for the other young guys on the team. I wish Amare was like that..

Durant will probably be the only guy they have that deserves/will get a max deal...Westbrook will make big money and Jeff Green won't be too far behind, but factor in their current cap situation and they should be set for awhile barring any idiotic moves.

Bosh has said he wants to play in Miami ... yesterday.

Interesting. It would look like they have a good chance of snagging both Bosh and maybe Boozer as well?

Un-named NBA Exec told NY paper that LeBron and Bosh to Chicago is a done deal, from what he's hearing.

WHAT THE F*&K is going on with these contracts so far? Amir Johnson for FULL MLE?!?!? Gooden for 5/32? JJ for another Max?

These teams must know something we don't concerning the new CBA cap. Either that, or there are gonna be a bunch of teams that are going to be high and dry come a couple years with the new cap figures..

That said.. I'm not sure what to think of the Sun's offer to Frye of 5/25. At first I didn't like it, but next to Amir's contract, it seems like a bargain.

Does Lebron really need an hour Charlie Brown Special to announce where he's playing? Just seems a little overboard to me.

No. His Egoness should cut the crap.

Multiple reports have Lebron joining Wade & Bosh in Miami. Don't expect to hear anything like that from ESPN as they are trying to pimp it as much as possible. But it seems to be a done deal. Holy F-ing crap. Expect major salary dumps over the next couple of years, except for the major markets and a few other exceptions. Frugal owners arn't gonna pony up millions just to be slaughtered by that team.

Chalmers Wade Lebron Bosh Pittman.

Hahahahahaha. That's not even remotely fair. NBA should do something to block that. You are combining arguably(not really arguably, but..) the best 2, 3, 4 in the game. Talk about unbalanced competition.

Don't expect to hear anything like that from ESPN as they are trying to pimp it as much as possible.

Although ESPN loves Miami. And LeBron, and Wade. This whole f'in free agency is a total joke.

None of these guys are about winning, it's all about the money, and stroking their egos. You'd never have seen something like this circus with Magic, Jordan, Bird, or Barkley.

Chalmers Wade Lebron Bosh Pittman.

Hahahahahaha. That's not even remotely fair. NBA should do something to block that. You are combining arguably(not really arguably, but..) the best 2, 3, 4 in the game. Talk about unbalanced competition.

So you're just giving them the title, if this does indeed happen?

The Yankees had an all-star team from 2000-2008. How many titles did they win in that span? You can pay out the arse for a team, but titles are still won on the court.