TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Big Thrills Coming to....NEBRASKA?!?!

Well, a clone of the Scandia Screamer could be their start!

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4741741/detail.html

Omaha amusement park Fun Plex is going before the City of Omaha Zoning Board of Appeals Thursday to try to get approval for plans to bring a roller coaster to Nebraska as part of the complex's 30th anniversary celebration in 2006.

The conventional steel, six-seat coaster is nearly 90 feet tall with 2,300 feet of track, according to a news release. It will stand more than twice as tall as the one that dotted the Peony Park skyline until 1992. The coaster features steep drops that create a weightless sensation, and has camel-backs and fast-banked turns.

A similar Miler Coaster design in Southern California has been featured on the Discovery Channel.

The funny thing is, if this gets built, this will be the ONLY full-sized coaster in the state!!! :shock:

--Robb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scandia Screamer is a good start for Nebraska. Expect all the Nebraskan ACErs to go nuts for a coaster in the northwest area! I don't think there is a single full sized coaster in the entire Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana area until now! :shock:

Kevin"Expect a 6 hr line "Bujold

YAY!!

I'm from right smack dab in the middle of Nebraska and go to college in Lincoln. I'm about to faint from the fact that Omaha is actually building a roller coaster AND Worlds of Fun is actually getting a new FULL SIZE roller coaster for next year. I must say it will be nice to not have to drive 6 hours to ride the nearest roller coaster!

• 1 year later...

I just found this thread, and it looks like it has been one of those (visions). The park keeps talking about something big on 07, but im not sure after this.

The Sandia Screamer is a fun little coaster and would do wonders for a park like Fun Plaex where the star attraction is a chaos.

Although Nebraska lacks a coaster, we still have some crazy water parks.

I'm sure plenty of people on this board will be heading there for the credit.

Nebraska makes New Zealand look like the coaster capital of the world.

I'm sure Zane would agree with that.

This is kind of weird. Of all states, Nebraska? I don't even know where that is!

But anyway, this could boost Nebraska's Partially Non-Existant Tourist industry. It's good for Nebraska.

At the moment Sydney makes Nebraska look like the coaster capital of the world, one creaky old wooden wild mouse, and that's it - at least it is sitting on a piece of real estate worth tens of millions conservatively.

Yay for the Nebraskans, I thought that place was all grain and missile silos, and wheat fields.

I don't think there is a single full sized coaster in the entire Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana area until now!

On my drive from Seattle to Chicago in October, I observed a new mini-park in the Black Hills area between Deadwood and Mt. Rushmore. Although they only have a Miler Kiddy Oval, it is apparently the first ever rollercoaster in South Dakota.

YAY!!

I'm from right smack dab in the middle of Nebraska and go to college in Lincoln. I'm about to faint from the fact that Omaha is actually building a roller coaster AND Worlds of Fun is actually getting a new FULL SIZE roller coaster for next year. I must say it will be nice to not have to drive 6 hours to ride the nearest roller coaster!

When did worlds of fun confirm this so called new full size coaster or was this on screamscape? What explanation is WOF getting this year? I hope its good. The Patriot was a damn good invert esspecialy for the park. Mamba and Patriot are pretty much even as fav. coaster at WOF.

I'm sure plenty of people on this board will be heading there for the credit.

Nebraska makes New Zealand look like the coaster capital of the world.

I'm sure Zane would agree with that.

This is kind of weird. Of all states, Nebraska? I don't even know where that is!

But anyway, this could boost Nebraska's Partially Non-Existant Tourist industry. It's good for Nebraska.

Damn Straight Ryan.

• 3 months later...

^ 65 ft still is enough to pack quite a punch IMO. My bet is that it will me some sort of wild mouse maybe. It kind of seems like they are tearing up the place for it. They are remodling the go-cart track, taking out batting cages, etc. With that said, it must be something pretty important.

• 2 weeks later...