TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

All Things "Twilight"

^That seems a bit extreme. I saw the movie Saturday night and I thought it was really cheesy and boring. My Brother, Sister in law, and several of my cousins all read the books and said the movie is no where near as good as the books. My girl is borrowing the books and is going try and read atleast one, but she doesn't think it's her style.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a few months ago before the Twilight movie came out, ALL the girls at my school were going crazy over it, claiming it was the greatest thing ever. All the girls were going to the midnight screening.

They were pretty much quiet after the midnight screening, which means that the movie was way too overhyped.

I find it funny how people are so against the books even though they never read them. I believe that Twilight was the first book by Stephanie Meyers and I thought they were well written b/c I enjoyed learning about the characters. It was also always a question of will they or wont Bella and Edward stay together, and how?

My only grip about the movie is that girl that was cast for Bella...jeeze, could they get a more lame actress...her acting reminds me of a meth-head. Minus the scabs and sunken in cheeks.

My girlfriend actually made me watch the movie last night, although she was nice enough to skipped a bunch. The movie was so awkward and weird, the main dude and girl are basically eye fucking each other during the first 30 minutes of it. She even agrees the movie is really dumb, but she still likes it (kind of like my completely stupid love affair with "Dude, Where's My Car"). I just chalk it up to one of those things girls irrationally love.

Wes, my wifes into that film and I dont get it. I pretty much spent the time she watched it playing fallout 3 again and watching role models, which by the way is one of the funniest films of last year.

Also, term of the day: Eye Fudging. Thanks Wes!

^ "You white then you Ben Affleck."

I think more of my annoyance with Twilight is people hyping it up to be this paragon of modern literature. Seriously, with all the talk I've heard from people, you think the author had written the contemporary equivalent to The Great Gatsby or something. Yeah, it's "entertaining" harlequin romance (with a vampire) aimed at women, it's not the greatest literature ever penned.

^^ Nah, werewolves just have that certain "cool-factor" to them.

I guess Edward Cullen is a tad bit overrated, I suppose. I'm all for rooting for the underdog.

Team Jacob Black!

Well if you like the underdogs, maybe you shouldn't read it.

He doesn't do so hot haha.

I love these books, but maybe it's just because I'm a teenage girl

^^ Nah, werewolves just have that certain "cool-factor" to them.

I guess Edward Cullen is a tad bit overrated, I suppose. I'm all for rooting for the underdog.

Team Jacob Black!

Well if you like the underdogs, maybe you shouldn't read it.

He doesn't do so hot haha.

I love these books, but maybe it's just because I'm a teenage girl

Yeah, I think that has a lot to do with it (being one myself).

and I find it unfair that they are compared to Harry Potter. Two totally different stories. Both really good.

I finally got sucked into the world of Twilight recently. I actually liked the first book quite a bit, but thought that the other 3 were pretty ridiculous. Though I definitely understand the hype of this series now.

And I had low expectations of the movie, which is probably why I ended up liking it more than I originally thought I would.

Heres my beef with it. When I walk into my high school and 90% of hot girls are talking about it and won't stop. I read the book so I can remotely understand what they're talking about. Oh and by the way, they always think Mr. Cullen is hotter then me. With my response, "Doesn't the guy who played Edward not shower... like ever?"

^Don’t take it so personally...they could have put Mr. Six in the role (although odd)...because woman/girls already romanticize Edward. Not because he is hot, but more so because of his capacity for love and ability to show it to her.

The love story is over dramatized and I'm sure if a woman actually met a man like Edward, she would go running for the hills (a man watching a girl sleep w/o her knowing = stalker).

Although, it is really sweet that you read the books to be able to identify with the girls in your school...dont loose that sweetness, eventually you'll meet the right girl that will appreciate that in you.

Heres my beef with it. When I walk into my high school and 90% of hot girls are talking about it and won't stop. I read the book so I can remotely understand what they're talking about. Oh and by the way, they always think Mr. Cullen is hotter then me. With my response, "Doesn't the guy who played Edward not shower... like ever?"

No, he cleard that rumor up when he said he hadn't even been on the set of New Moon yet (where the rumors started) and that he does in fact shower.

I faced forks in a track meet last week. I thought I was going to get bit

I've only seen the movie. I thought it was OK. Probably because I've been to forks and thought it was pretty cool that they mentioned "kitsap county" (where I live) in it. Everyone in our theater laughed when they said that they'd "let the kitsap county police deal with it" when they saw the tracks headed our way.

I'm debating on reading the first book but it'd have to wait till summer 'cause as of right now, I don't have very much time to read anything else other than my school stuff.

Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML

I don't believe everything I read on FML, but this one is (sadly) very believable.

• 1 month later...

Ok, with the first glimpse at New Moon, I must bring this topic back up. First off, because I was one who didn't jump on the bandwagon to rush and read the books, or see the movie. This past month, I finally got around to it. I started Twilight, and in under a week, I had all four books finished. It is captivating. I didn't mind the sometimes weak dialogue, because I knew that this is a book written for young adults. This is not written as an adult book. You can normally find it in the Teen section of your local bookstore. (Just so all of you who are complaining about that shotty dialogue etc, know why it is like that). I did see the movie first. To me, they did not take away anything of importance to make the first movie. I understood immediately the connection they had. Not from hearing about it either. Upon reading the books, of course it was more in depth, it is a book! The differences really were so minor, like where Bella saw Jake for the first time in Forks, or how you didn't know until the end of the book that the "bad" vamps were in town...there were only subtle hints that if you didn't see the movie, you may not have picked up on. For those that were expecting more, I also think that it was a little, slow. Maybe that is not the right word. But this was more of an explanation. The second movie should be much better. Lots more action!

Now, on to the New Moon trailer. I thought it was good, up until they showed Jake's wolf. And the poster with Edward and Jake blocking Bella... Jake is supposed to be getting HUGE! He is smaller than Edwared, and I think that by this point he should be the same size, or bigger. Maybe I should read it again...but in any case, his wolf was too CGI, and too small!!! And already, there was a difference in how they came to get Laurent in the meadow. They could have left that alone I think... I will wait for the movie and see, but I am already slightly annoyed with the CGI... What does anyone else think?

And the poster with Edward and Jake blocking Bella... Jake is supposed to be getting HUGE! He is smaller than Edwared, and I think that by this point he should be the same size, or bigger. Maybe I should read it again...but in any case, his wolf was too CGI, and too small!!!

I cant wait to see New Moon...love the books and I love Jacob's character.

Robert P. is a tall dude, over 6 ft...hollywood is short...and they were going to recast Jacob to the guy that was in the movie BC. But decided not to since Tyler L. was able to buff up before the movie role.

Perhaps he will shoot up a little more since he is only 17.