TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mystery Mine...IN THE RAW!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great video! I'd never seen a POV of Mystery Mine, but this one is far better than I would've imagined!

Still though, it doesn't come close to giving the ride justice. That drop off of the trestle is truly the most amazing moment of airtime I've ever experienced; well, close to it, anyway. (Powder Keg's first hill gives it a run for its money...) There is airtime around every corner, literally. From the drop out of the station, under the "crusher", down the trestle, back into the mine, the *big* drop, and into the brakes...it's everywhere!

• 1 month later...
Well I like Gerstlauers Coasters. Mystery Mine's got a nice theming and very atmospheric music... But it looks kinda... slow?

Well, it is, kind of. The first half is comprised of mostly smaller elements. They're still fun, but the real problem is that they're poorly suited to a ride with over-the-shoulder restraints. The second half works a lot better in that respect, but is rather short.

I do like Mystery Mine (especially the dark ride parts), but it's very weird.