TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mystery Mine...IN THE RAW!!!

Hey everyone!

Roller Coasters in the Raw 2 has shipped this weekend! If you haven't ordered your copy, do it now:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/

Here is a segment from that DVD - Mystery Mine from Dollywood.

This is a themed Gerstlauer Eurofighter that opened last year and I don't think there has been too much footage of it out there. Well, Dollywood was nice enough to let us come in and mount our cameras to the ride so we can now bring you Mystery Mine in it's entirety!

Enjoy!

--Robb

mysterymine_web.wmv

mysterymine.zip

Download this to your hard drive!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Robb for posting this full POV of Mystery Mine. I was fortunate to ride it last year when it opened but as you know the general public isn't aloud to film these sorts of things so I'm very thankful that you put this up for people to enjoy on the net !!

Certainly will be buying some of the DVD's !!!

Thank you so much for doing this video. I found a pov of it once but it went too fast through the video to let you see all the theming and special effects. I really love this ride.

Just awesome Taiko OMG Hope i can ride this thing one day. i want it so bad Taiko Bounce . BTW is there any airtime on the first hills and the hills after the MCBR?

There's not much airtime outside of the major drops, but there is still a lot. for the most part it basically rides like a wild mouse with airtime and inversions. It is definitely worth riding and I hope everyone would get a chance to ride it.

Thanks for the upload, I always wanted to see this coaster in video and it was awsome. You just made me want to buy your coaster dvds even more, especially in the raw, since It looks like you can't get a better version of povs. They are so smooth and the sound is so crisp and not too windy.

A POV of a ride like Mystery Mine can not really capture the experience; it is not something anyone can capture. The whole immersive feeling of the mine and the story is one you can only get from riding it...so get out to Dollywood right now!

Totally agreed with you! I was there last summer and it was far more awesome than any video can show you.

Thanks Robb for refreshing memory of my awesome experience on Mystery Mine. It is one of the best theme coaster out there. Prob the best of the 78 coasters I have been on already. Blazing Fury is cute but not exciting enough as Mystery Mine.

Like LcHg5265 said... GO TO DOLLYWOOD NOW!

Great video Robb and Elissa. I can't wait for this DVD to arrive in the mail. As I have mentioned before I really enjoyed the first Volume. Also, like your regular DVD's the first couple were ok but then they started kicking some major @$$...I have a feeling that the RAW series will become a favorite of many people on TPR in the years to come because they will progressively be getting better.

Jimmy "RAW is awesome!" Bo

I'm not too big of a fan of 'Mystery Mine', but that's a great video. It gives a good idea for what people should expect when they ride.

Yeah, thanks Robb for posting the video, it looks great!

Not so sure about the ride though. I honestly don't think they could've had any more brakes than they did without the ride being just one long brake run. Other that the ending, it looks really, "meh".

This is exciting! I can't wait for my DVD's to arrive!

I absolutely LOVE the first RAW DVD, and I'm sure this one will be no different.

While I don't think that Mystery Mine is a top 10 coaster, it was still fun and interesting enough for me to ride it 6 times during my visit!

The theming is awesome. I really love the last lift hill and drop and all the effects that take place during it.

Not so sure about the ride though. I honestly don't think they could've had any more brakes than they did without the ride being just one long brake run. Other that the ending, it looks really, "meh".

Of course, bear in mind the brakes are located in the 'dark ride' portion of the coaster where all the hairpin turns are located- trust me, you wouldn't wanna be going any faster than you are when you hit that sharp left hand turn prior to the first lift hill- it whips you around pretty bad as is...

Another thing, maybe it was just me- but MM seems to be running alot smoother this year vs. last?