TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are your plans for Aug 12, 13, 14.

benzo41190

I know i have been asking alot but.....

Which parks are you going to hit and on which day.

My suggestion is........

-Friday, Mt Olympus (waterpark, go-carts, coasters) and Timberland Falls (Avalanche)

-Saturday, Kalahari and Wisconsin State Fair

-Sunday, SFGAm

OK, Kalahari is expensive so you might want to stay there Fri night and stay there some of Saturday. Then look around Wisconsin Dells for extra rides and stuff and then head down to the Wisconsin State Fair. Stay in a hotel around Millwaukee Saturday night, and head to SFGAm Sunday morning.

Ok, if you already made plans and reservations thats ok but Noahs Ark sucks you can go to the Kalahari for a day for $30.00 (worth it).

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Robb is going to post our plans for meetups and other stuff soon (like this week!).

Here is an idea though...

Friday - Riverview, Mt. Olympus, Timber Falls, maybe Noah's Ark

Saturday - Extra Stuff we missed the day before, Little Amerricka (maybe), Wisconsin Fair (maybe), SFGAm at night (maybe)

Sunday - SFGAm and Hurricane Harbor

Elissa "going to do some research to figure out what to do Saturday!" Alvey

Well Saturdays at Noahs Ark well be hell. Extremely long lines, crowded pools, no shade. Personally Hurrican Harbor is better then Noahs Ark. Riverview is a good park and Mt. Olympus's water park is also nice. But otherwise, do you think you would go to the Kalahari?

Eh, I doubt it. I was looking more into Kalahari and it just doesn't seem that worth it for what it is. We were going to stay there but it looks like you don't really get any perks for staying there, you can just pay to get into the waterpark if you want. We're still figuring things out!

Elissa "We would only do Noah's for either the first two, or last two hours" Alvey

^that works, you might not get on everthing because there is tons of walking.

but the Kalahari is worth it and during the summer, there is very little lines. There outdoor park is also very nice (many cool slides)

were you considering going to the water park at Mt. Olympus.

We're staying there and it's free to resort guests so we'll probably just do that one since it's more convenient. If you really think Kalahari won't have lines we'll go ahead and do that one...I just hate being places where it's busy!

Elissa "mapping out the ONE carrabbas now!" Alvey

yeah Kalahari shouldnt be that busy during the day mainly because its a indoor/outdoor resort so many people will be other places like other water parks besides the Kalahari. Even on a Winter weekend, there is inly like a 1-5 min. wait for there master blaster.

There is a DDR Extreme machine there

I had to get one more trip in before school starts, so I'm going to go down to Stone Mountain in Georgia on Friday afternoon. I will camp there overnight and see their cool laser light show. On Saturday, I'm going to SFOG. I still haven't ridden Acrophobia, Deja Vu', or Canyon Blaster. After that, I'm going back to Stone mountain to camp another night. I'm driving home on Sunday and going to school on Monday. That will be my last amusement park until next summer .

Where are you going to be staying in the Dells?

Noah's Ark can be absolutely NUTS if the weather is nice. I was there June 24th (half off with college ID), the weather was hot, and the place was a nuthouse by noon. If you're going to Noah's Ark, it is imperative that you be there and ready to go at the 9 AM park open.

And where is that one Carrabba's located relative to the Dells?

Paul "Wis Dells is kind of a semi-home park" Miller

Here's my suggestions for your trip.

Fri- Riverview, Mt.Olympus and Timber Falls. You should at least check out the 2 new family slides that Mt.Olympus added. They are frickin HUGE! And my friend said the yellow one was the BEST waterslide he has ever ridden.(But that was with a full tube.)

Sat-Wisc. State Fair and SfGam at night. State Fairs are always fun! Wisconsins is usually pretty good. I would HIGHLY suggest visiting SfGam at night if you plan on making the most of Hurricane Harbor on the following day. The waterpark is VERY popular and if you want to get everything done, you want to spend the bulk of the late morning(11 or so) and afternoon.(til about 4 or so). BUT that is if you want to do everything. It is rather small, but you WILL, I repeat WILL spend an hour in Skull Island whether you like it or not. (Which you will probably like it.)

Sun- SfGam and SFHH. Like I said for Sat night, SFHH will most likely be very busy. I would reccomend getting a few morning rides and then heading for HH around 10:45 or so. This will get you in line for opening and you can get on the most popular slides early.

If you haven't noticed, I left Noah's Ark and the Kalahari out. Noah's Ark just isn't too fantastic. The only slides worth mentioning are the Plunge and Black Anaconda.(And Black Anadconda isn't very good at all.) Also, Kalahari is a very neat place with lots of stuff to do, but the Master Blaster is pretty much the only slide that is any different than anything at SfHH.(Also the body slide bowl slide.)

I hope that has helped a little. Any questions, just ask.